Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

7 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Back from when I worked at South Melbourne, I got to know Joe Palastedis. We caught up yesterday and he reckons we still have a lot to come. He said that Wazzas wants Jonjo Shelvy  to City as he thinks it is a great deal and loves his physical style of play. Done deal Thursday 10 AM. 

Well, as a Swansea fan I reckon that'd be the ultimate. What a signing he could be, great player. He and Killer bossing the midfield, giving it to Troisi to put on a platter for Bruno... mmmm.

He's hard working, tenacious and would be a great fit for the team.

Would be the third biggest signing (behind Del Piero and Villa IMO) in the league's history. Would totally fit the way we think Wazza wants to play as well. Wouldn't it be amazing if it was true!

9 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Back from when I worked at South Melbourne, I got to know Joe Palastedis. We caught up yesterday and he reckons we still have a lot to come. He said that Wazzas wants Jonjo Shelvy  to City as he thinks it is a great deal and loves his physical style of play. Done deal Thursday 10 AM. 

that must go in bs watch.  there is no way we are signing a 25 yr old from the EPL who is currently on over 3.5 million pounds.  particularly a player that almost no one would know in australia.

didnt newcastle just stump up 12 million pounds for him?  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Inferno said:

@Dylan

• Like 1

until the FFA gets off its arse and confirms one way or the other, people need to cool their jets TBH.  

given that the FFA normally release the A League fixture list early June but only did so late June this time around, I'd expect that we are going to see a fair lag with the season long guest announcement - particularly with the catfight going on between the FFA and the clubs. 

i'm not guaranteeing that the season long guest will stay, but the tv deal announcement in Dec 2016 did indicate a significant increase in the marquee fund.  make what you want of it, but surely that is a strong indication the FFA wants / is very open to extending the guest season marquee for this season.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/aleagues-new-tv-deal-to-secure-competitions-marquee-player-fund/news-story/dc202b8ae9972ec91db81ce3e1699933

• Like 1

Shelvey's got family in Australia and is willing to do it for not much money. Apparently he's had a fall out with Newcastle and wants to leave Europe as he fears his reputation is ruined. Great player imagine that troisi, shelvey and Bruno grand final right there

Scott Munn went to Wales to watch city, when he came back he brought us back, Shelvey the bald CM. He's our favourite baldy, he blinds his opponents, when they look at his head, they go get their specs! 

Thats enough poetry for me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inferno said:

Scott Munn went to Wales to watch city, when he came back he brought us back, Shelvey the bald CM. He's our favourite baldy, he blinds his opponents, when they look at his head, they go get their specs! 

Lol take note Melburnians!

22 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Not sure I should get on my bs high horse 

7 minutes ago, Inferno said:

That is Karl Pilkington level poetry

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Don't give up your day job

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inferno said:

Shelvey's got family in Australia and is willing to do it for not much money. Apparently he's had a fall out with Newcastle and wants to leave Europe as he fears his reputation is ruined. Great player imagine that troisi, shelvey and Bruno grand final right there

Surely he'd have to be on the run from the law to come here?

Transfr market has him valued at 11m kangas*. Given we've never offered up a dollar in transfer fees "I find that very hard to believe Mr Smart" (though I hope like hell its true, would destroy the league)

*Euros to those not up with my obtuse references.

2 hours ago, Inferno said:

as he thinks it is a great deal and loves his physical style of play.

I know you're trolling, but, under this criteria (1. great deal 2. physical style of play) you could sign anyone under the fucking sun

5 hours ago, Inferno said:

Sure your'e not getting Shelvey mixed up with Iniesta, hes coming this season too. Iniesta was meant to sign in Jnauary but his work visa has held him up until this season.

@jeffplz

• Like 2

17 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

I've read some real bullshit on this forum, but this is very close to the most retarded thing I have ever read... Shelvey is a 25 year old Premier League midfielder playing at a massive club in Newcastle United where he is a key player and made the Championship team of the season last year. I know you're trolling (at least I fucken hope so because otherwise you are a deranged lunatic) but seriously stop posting this bullshit ffs

troisi is absolute bullshit as well..  there is zero actual source for the rumour.  he was close to signing to with burton & hove albion pre confed cup.  there is almost no way we are going to match the money he is after or the level where he is getting interest.

if you are interested in australian players movements this january i have a list of transfers +  news/rumours i have put together.  

http://forum.insidesport.com.au/2546115/Australian-Player-Transfer-Watch-Winter-2017

40 minutes ago, nah brah said:

troisi is absolute bullshit as well..  there is zero actual source for the rumour.  he was close to signing to with burton & hove albion pre confed cup.  there is almost no way we are going to match the money he is after or the level where he is getting interest.

Its all just his agent talking jacking up his price

21 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Lel Burton and Hove Albion. 

You've got no idea whats going on brah, stop pretending you do

who said i do?  that can go in bullshit watch as well.  i'm just following actual reporting rather than fanciful dribble on forums.

troi$i had an offer with brighton but turned it down because he wants more money.  are we going to pay 1.3 million a year for someone to show up for 10 games?  that's more than fornaroli right?  LOL.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/06/16/troisi-still-looking-club-brighton-talks-flounder

Edited by nah brah

18 minutes ago, nah brah said:

who said i do?  that can go in bullshit watch as well.  i'm just following actual reporting rather than fanciful dribble on forums.

troisi is absolute bullshit as well..  

Do you know that, and what is that based on?

there is zero actual source for the rumour.  

There's quite a few sources actually, including multiple articles dating back as far as March that we were interested

he was close to signing to with burton & hove albion pre confed cup.

If the club Burton & Hove Albion even existed, the rumours there are no better or worse than what was speculated in the other articles linking him with City. 

there is almost no way we are going to match the money he is after or the level where he is getting interest.

What money is he interested in or being offered? I don't know, and I sure as hell dont think you do either.

Reality is that Troisi to City seems to tick quite a number of boxes as far as rumors go. That doesn't mean its done by any stretch and i don't claim any inside knowledge nor pretend to, but it seems to me, as far as pure speculation goes, that its the most likely situation for both parties and certainly more palatable than at least half of the names on that list you linked us to.

giphy.gif

Edited by bt50
  • Like 2

Said it before and will again. Troisi is a proven gun at a-league level and that's it.

On that basis alone I'd happily have him if true. I think the question though is does he fit the mould of player Joyce is after? Hopefully we find out soon.

Edited by rass

29 minutes ago, bt50 said:

troisi is absolute bullshit as well..  

Do you know that, and what is that based on?

there is zero actual source for the rumour.  

There's quite a few sources actually, including multiple articles dating back as far as March that we were interested

he was close to signing to with burton & hove albion pre confed cup.

If the club Burton & Hove Albion even existed, the rumours there are no better or worse than what was speculated in the other articles linking him with City. 

there is almost no way we are going to match the money he is after or the level where he is getting interest.

What money is he interested in or being offered? I don't know, and I sure as hell dont think you do either.

Reality is that Troisi to City seems to tick quite a number of boxes as far as rumors go. That doesn't mean its done by any stretch and i don't claim any inside knowledge nor pretend to, but it seems to me, as far as pure speculation goes, that its the most likely situation for both parties and certainly more palatable than at least half of the names on that list you linked us to.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Where are your sources for Troisi having an offer with City?

I actually provided one that stated there was an offer on the table from Brighton.  It has an actual amount he was offered.

is it this one?  from march..  when valkanus was still the boss?  when valkanus even said nope?  because that would be really relevant.

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4019/transfer-zone/2017/03/31/34167472/troisi-to-melbourne-city-i-dont-think-so-says-valkanis

Edited by nah brah

4 minutes ago, nah brah said:

giphy.gif

Where are your sources for Troisi having an offer with City?

I actually provided one that stated there was an offer on the table from Brighton.  It has an actual amount he was offered.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/victory/melbourne-victorys-james-troisi-a-marquee-target-for-sydney-fc-and-melbourne-city/news-story/a433ff208cbc88f0877431e3ee988c6b

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/melbourne-victory-braced-for-james-troisi-exit-as-talks-on-new-deal-stall-20170604-gwk4cd.html

Those both mention it on a quick glance, but I'm certain i've seen others. Neither obv do much more than speculate, but theres been several decent sources via twitter and hearsay that suggest talks were/are well advanced. Obv CFG are keeping it tight, which is usually the case with them.

FWIW the offer reported in that article is fine, but given the history of The World Game over the past 12 months, and the referred to UK newspapers for like, ever, I'd suggest it doesn't carry a heap of weight either.

On player movements both in and out of City I wouldn't take much notice of what anyone says TBH - not until you actually read a club announcement. Especially Valkanis. IMO he blew any sort of credibility with the nonsense we kept being fed about Jakobsen.

• jw1739 pinned this topic