Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

9 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Hmmm, could work with a row of 4 defenders with Ivan and RB staying back. I like it.

2 hours ago, haz said:

Could play this formation to fit both Caceras and Troisi in their preferred positions.

MelbourneCity2017Wish2.JPG

Too much silver not enough gold players 

It's rumoured that Scott  Jamieson   is looking for a return home and wants to sign for us. If he does it will be his fifth a-league club. 

8 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

New signings could be only exciting as the head coach. No stories, no media talks. Is there a club which cares less about getting bigger fan base.

Mate when you sign a head coach the coach looks at the team and figures out a playing style. You don't go signing players straight away. It's like saying 'Hellenic Hero this is your new construction site, you need to build a wall hear. Get bricks now.' @Hellenic Hero

Edited by Inferno
Forgot something

3 hours ago, Heart of Melbourne said:

With the players we have got at the moment we can't play any style. Just make some signings fuck me. Anything will do

the signings came in really late last year as well.  didnt brandan arrive the week of an ffa cup game?

58 minutes ago, FootscrayRover said:

Jamo a good solid signing. A 4 year deal is interesting considering he hasnt lasted more than a couple of seasons for his last 4 clubs.

Probably won't but we can sell him instead of going for free. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

Spoke to City officials at the open training, he said expect some really good signings soon.

Sounds promising. Was going to go this morning but just be stuffed. 

Many people turn up?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

Spoke to City officials at the open training, he said expect some really good signings soon.

I was thinking of getting out of work for a few hours, but a bullshit KPI meeting came up

no clues as to who these signings are ?

2 minutes ago, DFG_82 said:

Troisi under the Cap and Honda as Marquee.

Whether that's true or not, I do hope we are looking to get a good AFC player on board so that we can transition smoothly into the 4+1 visa player era.

Edited by jw1739

24 minutes ago, DFG_82 said:

Troisi under the Cap and Honda as Marquee.

16 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Any word about samaras though? 

of which who is better between Samaras and Honda membership wise for bringing in the local ex pats - will we get more Greeks or Japanese respectively?

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Cmon get off your BS high horse. Put this one in if you like as i have no information but it might work as Troisi Marquee and Honda as Guest Marquee (Cahill Style)

How many more times - the Full-Season Guest Marquee position was a one-season "Cahill Rule" for 2016/17 only, and so far FFA has given no indication that it will be allowed into the future.

Edited by jw1739

7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

How many more times - the Full-Season Guest Marquee position was a one-season "Cahill Rule" for 2016/17 only, and so far FFA has given no indication that it will be allowed into the future.

I'd give 12 more posts. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

so far FFA has given no indication that it will be allowed into the future.

Have they given any indication that they won't, though? I don't remember having seen anything from the FFA to say whether or not the rule would continue past last season. Wouldn't it be a more fair assumption that it would, if they haven't said anything about it?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

So until it gets knocked on the head surely people can bring it up as a possibility, why would the FFA take away something that had the media in a frenzy and massive coverage like the start of last season. 

45 minutes ago, illeatyourheart said:

Have they given any indication that they won't, though? I don't remember having seen anything from the FFA to say whether or not the rule would continue past last season. Wouldn't it be a more fair assumption that it would, if they haven't said anything about it?

I needed to look this up myself and this is what I found.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/david-gallop-warns-new-guest-player-marquee-rule-may-not-mean-more-big-name-aleague-signings/news-story/b1a8940ce118d20a8512a6edb8f7f952

• July 25, 2016 12:24pm

The new 12-month guest player rule - dubbed the “Tim Cahill rule” - was unveiled in June, but Gallop said that it won’t guarantee clubs will be able to attract players due to the salary cap environment in Australia

and

The new marquee spot is only in place for the coming season, but with little resistance from clubs given the A-League’s $2.6 million salary cap, Gallop said last month that it could be a good long-term addition to the competition.

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, playmaker said:

I needed to look this up myself and this is what I found.

• July 25, 2016 12:24pm

The new 12-month guest player rule - dubbed the “Tim Cahill rule” - was unveiled in June, but Gallop said that it won’t guarantee clubs will be able to attract players due to the salary cap environment in Australia

and

The new marquee spot is only in place for the coming season, but with little resistance from clubs given the A-League’s $2.6 million salary cap, Gallop said last month that it could be a good long-term addition to the competition.

Gallop...gets more boos than Archie Thompson 

Adelaide does have competition for Mauk with Melbourne City — his former club — and Melbourne Victory also angling to land the box-to-box midfielder who publicly declared he wants out of his deal after NEC was relegated last season.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/adelaide/club-brugge-sign-teenage-aleauge-sensation-riley-mcgree-from-the-reds/news-story/159aa8d32b26f23972cf8ea12d2eb48d

5 minutes ago, HughJass said:

Adelaide does have competition for Mauk with Melbourne City — his former club — and Melbourne Victory also angling to land the box-to-box midfielder who publicly declared he wants out of his deal after NEC was relegated last season.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/adelaide/club-brugge-sign-teenage-aleauge-sensation-riley-mcgree-from-the-reds/news-story/159aa8d32b26f23972cf8ea12d2eb48d

LOL trust me he is one former player that we will not be welcoming back

• Like 3

Back from when I worked at South Melbourne, I got to know Joe Palastedis. We caught up yesterday and he reckons we still have a lot to come. He said that Wazzas wants Jonjo Shelvy  to City as he thinks it is a great deal and loves his physical style of play. Done deal Thursday 10 AM. 

• jw1739 pinned this topic