Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Just now, Jovan said:

Just to clarify that 14 game guest Marquee has been changed to season long and so far Cahill is the only one. But it's highly subjected to FFA approval and to be the only club to use it 2 seasons running wouldn't be a good look and probably for that reason alone won't get up.

And as said by a few others Honda is highly unlikely to come.

Wouldn't be highly unlikely if CFG put their hand in their pocket... 

But I'm sure there are players out there that are capable of doing more then Troisi...

The idea behind the marquee was to bring in quality not to keep good players here... 

I was under the impression that the season long guest marquee was only for last year and now it reverts back to the old rule?

That said, Honda would clearly qualify for that as would have Essein. Anyone else rejected was done so rightly because Joe Average hasnt heard of them.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PORCHO said:

So sick of tards not getting through their thick head that Diamanti is 100% NOT guest Marquee material... Having played in a world cup does not qualify you to be a guest marquee...

I'd like to think I'm pretty well informed and I had no idea who he was. let alone the wider Australian public.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, haz said:

Under contract to Manchester loaned to us under the cap....

that would be good... :)

pay him a mill a season and we only pay 500k under the cap... oh, the salt we would cop... haha

"but that's cheating. CFG is just giving you all the players." hahahahahahaha

3 minutes ago, PORCHO said:

that would be good... :)

pay him a mill a season and we only pay 500k under the cap... oh, the salt we would cop... haha

"but that's cheating. CFG is just giving you all the players." hahahahahahaha

They already changed that rule mate

1 hour ago, citymad said:

Is Cahill now within the cap maybe get troisi and Honda by paying Troisi as marqee and Honda as Guest on Big $ with the expectation he will only play 14 games. he them can be deployed carefully in big games etc and may be tempted by the $ and not the full playing comittment. plus ACL bonus as he is Asian. lets see FFA try and reject him as "not marketable enough" " Unkinown in Oz " etc. would be a crazy insult to the Asian Confed, the very people we are trying to convince we have a reputable reliable professional league. 

Not sure that they canned the Tim Cahill rule yet, so maybe can throw money at him that way and play all the games.

Best XI potentially? 

Galekovic

Franjic Jakobsen Visa CB Visa LB

Kilkenny

Troisi       Caceres

Fitzgerald Fornaroli Brandan/Inj Rep

Bouzanis Kamau Cahill Malik Arzani

Spare : Tongyik Pieras Muscat Delianov Genreau

I think we should still have a two or three spots after that, depending on how the young boys are classfied.

Edited by bt50

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

Just to clarify that 14 game guest Marquee has been changed to season long and so far Cahill is the only one. But it's highly subjected to FFA approval and to be the only club to use it 2 seasons running wouldn't be a good look and probably for that reason alone won't get up.

And as said by a few others Honda is highly unlikely to come.

IIRC the full-season guest marquee was for one season only. It does not apply for 2017-18 or thereafter unless FFA decides to do so. It was done to get Cahill into the A-League in the twilight of his career, and City was the only club prepared to stump up the cash.

AFAIK Cahill will be on a wage of $400,000 for the 2017-18 season, to be accommodated inside the cap. The third year of his contract is in a coaching position, not as a City player.

6 minutes ago, haz said:

I think its still possible considering he is a free agent

Correct, man city can acquire a free agent and then loan him to us.  Well that's how the rule reads

I would definitely take Troisi,  we don't have a number 10 and i think everyone agrees that our weakest spot on pitch.  We get him we know what we are getting, compared to an international who could go wrong

We need to build our strongest squad on the back of smart decisions not speculative ones that don't always come off

And i thought he was going to Brighton 

2 minutes ago, neio said:

Correct, man city can acquire a free agent and then loan him to us.  Well that's how the rule reads

I would definitely take Troisi,  we don't have a number 10 and i think everyone agrees that our weakest spot on pitch.  We get him we know what we are getting, compared to an international who could go wrong

We need to build our strongest squad on the back of smart decisions not speculative ones that don't always come off

And i thought he was going to Brighton 

Now that Caceras has signed, is Troisi still possible, I would not think Caceras would want to be on the bench again. Maybe if we do sign Troisi he will play on the right wing?

Can we stop talking about honda for a minute? Their hasn't even been some dodgy as fuck twitter account talking about how we're going to get him so lets just forget about him.

Troisi is a great signing if true. We get a known quantity and a very good player at that. I couldn't be happier.

• Like 1

Melbourne City FC can confirm it has extended the loan deal of Anthony Caceres for a further season from sister club Manchester City.

The 24-year-old will remain in Melbourne for 2017/18, making 30 appearances in all competitions during the 2016/17 season.

Caceres, who returned to CFA Melbourne on Friday, said he was excited to continue something special with Melbourne City.

"I'm very excited," Caceres said.

"I feel that as a Club and as individuals we've learned a lot from last season and I think everyone is in the right frame of mind to build upon what is already here and improve on things.

"There is a bit of unfinished business here and I'm keen on improving as a player and as a person so hopefully I can deliver my best."

The surrounds of CFA Melbourne had also helped the midfielder make the decision to extend his loan at the Club, saying the professional environment has played an important role in his development.

"I enjoy the facilities that the Club offers and the environment in the changeroom is great," he said.

"Everything is here for us to work well and it is up to us to take it to the next level so I am excited by the challenge."

"I think we as a team and myself as a player have the same ambitions as the start of last season which is to win every bit of silverware we can win.

"It is a long way to go but that goal is always at the forefront of our minds as players so we will be working towards that over the course of the pre-season and hopefully I can be a big part of that success this year."

The midfielder found the back of the net twice during the last campaign, recording four assists and creating 23 chances in an impressive run of form in the second half of the season.

City commences their pre-season schedule on Monday 19 June at CFA Melbourne.

Edited by playmaker

2 minutes ago, haz said:

Now that Caceras has signed, is Troisi still possible, I would not think Caceras would want to be on the bench again. Maybe if we do sign Troisi he will play on the right wing?

Per that side above I think a midfield trio of Kilkenny, Troisi and Caceres would be very effective. Allows us to bring in visas at CB and LB, of which there is a clear lack of Australian talent available. That's our most balanced option that gives us good attack and sound defence imo.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

I'm assuming you missed the entire second half of last season then?

Take out a couple of games what did Caceras do better then Brattan in cm? Brattan is better middle of the park. Caceras is a sub par #10 that can play ok on the wing. we have wingers capable of doing what he can. and if we get Troisi, even more reason to have Brattan over Caceras...

Plus, Brattan was heaps better in the first half of the season, second half. seemed like he didn't want to be here. It's just an opinion though. Granted, he could(hopefully) prove me wrong

Edited by PORCHO

2 minutes ago, PORCHO said:

Take out a couple of games what did Caceras do better then Brattan? Brattan is better middle of the park. Caceras is a sub par #10 that can play ok on the wing. we have wingers capable of doing what he can. and if we get Troisi, even more reason to have Brattan over Caceras...

Brattan is too similar to Kilkenny. Caceras is a more natural #10 and shouldn't be used wide. Does anyone know what is going on with Brattan.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PORCHO said:

Take out a couple of games what did Caceras do better then Brattan in cm? Brattan is better middle of the park. Caceras is a sub par #10 that can play ok on the wing. we have wingers capable of doing what he can. and if we get Troisi, even more reason to have Brattan over Caceras...

Take out a couple of games what did Brattan do at all?

Brattan was awful for the majority of the season whilst Caceres was very good for the last 7-8 games at least.

• Like 4

I disagree. I'll take Brattan's first half and Caceras' 2nd... I'm just thinking along the lines of where they fit... And in this context(we're currently talking about Troisi coming in) Brattan, in my opinion, fit's better.

Who knows, maybe we're not getting Troisi, we'll pick up another CM and Caceras will play CAM and kill it... 

Caceres !! Great news !! Best football player we've got ( don't give a f#*k what the usual haters say), still with us. Hopefully, he'll be treated fairly by the new appointed coach. I'll be back at AAMI for sure now because at least good football is guaranteed when Caceres touches the ball. Now, get a quality keeper and 4 good defenders.

3 minutes ago, DAM10 said:

Caceres !! Great news !! Best football player we've got ( don't give a f#*k what the usual haters say), still with us. Hopefully, he'll be treated fairly by the new appointed coach. I'll be back at AAMI for sure now because at least good football is guaranteed when Caceres touches the ball. Now, get a quality keeper and 4 good defenders.

How did you get the Caceres news before the Galekovic news?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Brattan was killing the league until one too many hookers in a trip to Thailand caught up with him, and made him play shit for the rest of the season.

Caceras had a better season overall then brattan. Not by much, but still.

Brattan was allowed to play every game wether he was shit or not. Caceres won us our first game in nz and was rewarded with the bench the following. He was badly managed by both worst coaches in the HAL.

4 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

How did you get the Caceres news before the Galekovic news?

Read it here you moron

2 minutes ago, DAM10 said:

Brattan was allowed to play every game wether he was shit or not. Caceres won us our first game in nz and was rewarded with the bench the following. He was badly managed by both worst coaches in the HAL.

What about the Keeper announcement. 

• jw1739 pinned this topic