Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

59 minutes ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

The Age reported Victory think they'll lose Troisi since contracts have stalled.. have read us, Wanderers and Adelaide are favourites

Honestly. I reckon troisi will either stay at victory or go back to Europe. If course i would love to have him to replace caceres as caceres is rumoured to go to Europe 

10 hours ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Honestly. I reckon troisi will either stay at victory or go back to Europe. If course i would love to have him to replace caceres as caceres is rumoured to go to Europe 

i am not surprised.  he has struggled to stay at any club..  i think he has a massive ego.  he will probably end up in china chasing the ca$h.  the only reason i would take him is because of victory butthurt.  but even that is not worth it.

i would like to see us make a move on an aussie like mustafa amini.  he will kill it back in the AL. i would also like to see us try and get jurman.  these are guys you can build a team around.  they would be better value for money that most foreign imports.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chris p said:

How piss weak are victory ? their marquee spend is pathetic given their size   

Don't be ridiculous. It's us you should call pissweak. What did we achieve with the most expensive squad in A-League history?

In a major shock, Wellington Phoenix have agreed to release New Zealand international winger Kosta Barbarouses from the final year of his contract with the Hyundai A-League club.

Barbarouses endured a tough year off the field, prompting him to approach Phoenix management asking for a release for reasons not pertaining to football.

Head here for Phoenix's official website

was initially disappointed but said that he understood Barbarouses’ position.

“It’s not a decision we have made lightly especially after the back end to the season that Kosta had,” said Wellington GM David Dome.

“But it’s never been our policy as a club to stand in the way of a player’s happiness, or the happiness of those dear to him, and as much as we could have dug our heels in, the best thing for all parties concerned is an amicable termination.

“Obviously it’s disappointing to lose a player of Kosta’s pedigree – he’s exactly the type of character we want to attract to this football club.

“But every door closing is a door opening and we remain confident the squad we are currently assembling will have Wellington very much in the mix for finals football.”

image: http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/A-League/38/d6/kosta-barbarouses-juggles-the-ball-when-the-phoenix-played-the-wanderers-in-round-11_n5zle0rgg0v81lycrk7wiiz6n.jpg?t=-1472822510

Kosta Barbarouses juggles the ball when the Phoenix played the Wanderers in Round 11.

For Barbarouses, it was a position reached after considerable reflection.

“Wellington Phoenix gave me my first start in professional football. There are so many people at this club that I am especially grateful to, and I guess that’s something that’s made this decision a lot harder,” he said.

“People forget sometimes that there are more factors involved than just football.

“Behind every player are a lot of people making sacrifices – I’ve been fortunate to enjoy tremendous support, so sometimes you have to think about others and consider their needs.

“I came home wanting to win a championship for Wellington and New Zealand but obviously that hasn’t happened. It’s frustrating it hasn’t all come together for me at this time, but you never know what’s around the corner in football – maybe under better circumstances we still can.”

Barbarouses made 25 appearances and scored five goals in the 2016/17 Season.

image: http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/A-League/5d/93/diego-castro-and-kosta-barbarouses-battle-for-the-ball-in-auckland-on-saturday_tm5ovv1d38u1uvsw2mjongu2.jpg?t=-1735412414

Diego Castro and Kosta Barbarouses battle for the ball in Auckland on Saturday.

This article was originally published at: http://www.wellingtonphoenix.com/article/joint-statement-wellington-phoenix-agree-to-release-barbarouses-from-last-year-of-contract/uvo32e0vd72f1qwyg6nota162.

- See more at: http://www.a-league.com.au/article/wellington-phoenix-releases-all-whites-attacker-kosta-barbarouses/1xhxe1z8ktpie1lgv04x6ou9wl#sthash.SR5ej2iC.dpuf
Read more at http://www.a-league.com.au/article/wellington-phoenix-releases-all-whites-attacker-kosta-barbarouses/1xhxe1z8ktpie1lgv04x6ou9wl#Y8d7dIGfi532TPm7.99

28 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:
In a major shock, Wellington Phoenix have agreed to release New Zealand international winger Kosta Barbarouses from the final year of his contract with the Hyundai A-League club.

Barbarouses endured a tough year off the field, prompting him to approach Phoenix management asking for a release for reasons not pertaining to football.

Head here for Phoenix's official website

was initially disappointed but said that he understood Barbarouses’ position.

“It’s not a decision we have made lightly especially after the back end to the season that Kosta had,” said Wellington GM David Dome.

“But it’s never been our policy as a club to stand in the way of a player’s happiness, or the happiness of those dear to him, and as much as we could have dug our heels in, the best thing for all parties concerned is an amicable termination.

“Obviously it’s disappointing to lose a player of Kosta’s pedigree – he’s exactly the type of character we want to attract to this football club.

“But every door closing is a door opening and we remain confident the squad we are currently assembling will have Wellington very much in the mix for finals football.”

image: http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/A-League/38/d6/kosta-barbarouses-juggles-the-ball-when-the-phoenix-played-the-wanderers-in-round-11_n5zle0rgg0v81lycrk7wiiz6n.jpg?t=-1472822510

Kosta Barbarouses juggles the ball when the Phoenix played the Wanderers in Round 11.

For Barbarouses, it was a position reached after considerable reflection.

“Wellington Phoenix gave me my first start in professional football. There are so many people at this club that I am especially grateful to, and I guess that’s something that’s made this decision a lot harder,” he said.

“People forget sometimes that there are more factors involved than just football.

“Behind every player are a lot of people making sacrifices – I’ve been fortunate to enjoy tremendous support, so sometimes you have to think about others and consider their needs.

“I came home wanting to win a championship for Wellington and New Zealand but obviously that hasn’t happened. It’s frustrating it hasn’t all come together for me at this time, but you never know what’s around the corner in football – maybe under better circumstances we still can.”

Barbarouses made 25 appearances and scored five goals in the 2016/17 Season.

image: http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/A-League/5d/93/diego-castro-and-kosta-barbarouses-battle-for-the-ball-in-auckland-on-saturday_tm5ovv1d38u1uvsw2mjongu2.jpg?t=-1735412414

Diego Castro and Kosta Barbarouses battle for the ball in Auckland on Saturday.

This article was originally published at: http://www.wellingtonphoenix.com/article/joint-statement-wellington-phoenix-agree-to-release-barbarouses-from-last-year-of-contract/uvo32e0vd72f1qwyg6nota162.

- See more at: http://www.a-league.com.au/article/wellington-phoenix-releases-all-whites-attacker-kosta-barbarouses/1xhxe1z8ktpie1lgv04x6ou9wl#sthash.SR5ej2iC.dpuf
Read more at http://www.a-league.com.au/article/wellington-phoenix-releases-all-whites-attacker-kosta-barbarouses/1xhxe1z8ktpie1lgv04x6ou9wl#Y8d7dIGfi532TPm7.99

You are either a massive Kosta fan or I'm blind and are unable to find him being linked to us?

14 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

You are either a massive Kosta fan or I'm blind and are unable to find him being linked to us?

Was thinking exactly. Read the entire article and ended with WTF!

It's moments like we really need a dislike option.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Im not a fan of his. Im just bringing up an article that he has been released. Possibility of city signing a free agent like any other free agent

I posted the information in the Phoenix thread under "Australian Football" earlier today. That's where it belongs.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Im not a fan of his. Im just bringing up an article that he has been released. Possibility of city signing a free agent like any other free agent

victory fans are already claiming him.  

8 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

24 years old, 32 appearances and 5 goals in the Danish Superliga this season. He's not coming back to the A League any time soon

im allowed to dream.  suitable candidate for marquee.  is just what we were missing last season.  a creative 10.

Played for a club called Borac Cacak in Serbia. A very solid center back would come cheap and be a very good signing. Not sure what club he was at last in Serbia but played a long time at Borac still young around 25-26. 

8 hours ago, strider said:

"Mario Maslać is a Serbian football defender of Croatian ethnicity"

So he's basically Albanian 

No he is not Albanian.

And isn't of Croat Ethnicity, 

Lets keep it about football please. 

4 hours ago, Dylan said:

Our defence.

Tongyik Good Jackobsen

Profit

We need another good defender then Jakobsen.

Tongyik is a good youth defender and i see potential in him, but he is young and still learning and he cannot start every game and always look up to him. Yes he can start in games and be subbed on but not starting every game IMO

2 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Tongyik is a good youth defender and i see potential in him, but he is young and still learning and he cannot start every game and always look up to him. Yes he can start in games and be subbed on but not starting every game IMO

Wot

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Do you want him to start or not?

Once he is on you can't sub him on.

Without being rude that is utter nonsense. 

• jw1739 pinned this topic