Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

9 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Ruined his career by leaving the Netherlands for the Premier League after he had a good world cup in 2010. Just another example of the wold cup hype being too much for a player to live up to.

2014 WC.

5 minutes ago, haz said:

Roar release McLaren, Borello, Broich Manuel Arana, Cameron Crestani, Joey Katebian and Nathan Konstandopoulos.

Any takers? I know that Borello and McLaren are looking at going to Germany.

Thoughts on the last three? Don't know who they are, anyone know their abilities?

Edited by Hellenic Hero

10 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Ruined his career by leaving the Netherlands for the Premier League after he had a good world cup in 2014. Just another example of the wold cup hype being too much for a player to live up to.

Dutch friend of mine went to the Heracles, the club Davidson was playing for at the time, fan forum at the time to see what they were saying. Their response hat he was a waste but they could not believe the performance that he was pulling during the WC. Once he went back to club football he reverted to form.

As to whether City should chase him? Not sure, he is not that good but I can't think of too many Aussie LBs that are any good.

22 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Martinez is two seasons into a four-year contract with Olympiacos. Allegedly he was on $563,000 at WSW, with WSW paying about $266,000 and Olympiacos the rest. That seems to me to breach the Lampard Rule.

If we're interested no doubt CFG's accountants will be busy.

"A few more players being released" - that's the bit of the SST rumour that intrigues me. Wouldn't be surprised if Bouzanis, Franjic, Muscat and Malik are on that list. Bouzanis for his "gypsy" comment, and the others for underwhelming performances. That's just speculation by me. We'll know in a couple of weeks when contracts formally expire.

I'd be suprised about Bouzanis, I think he'll stay as our second keeper. I'd be very surprised about Franjic, he might not have been our best player buy extremely far from the worst... I'd say Muscat, Malik and Retre are on the "should we get rid of them" list.

Jason Davidson? Not really a fan... but if he comes cheap and he's Aussie... better have an Aussie and use the Visa spot somewhere else. 

We definitely need a #10, I personally wouldn't be getting rid of Kilkenny. Kilkenny, BRattan and a top #10 would make a well rounded midfield. 

Def need a starting #10, LW, LB, GK and a CB... the other spots are bench players. Wouldn't mind using the kids for those spots... As much as I like Tongyik, he's still quite Raw. Add another experienced CB to help teach him as well as continued decent game time, and proper coaching and he'll continue to grow. I do seriously think he's got the potential to do really well both here and eventually OS and in the socceroos. Just needs to be developed right...

20 minutes ago, Dylan said:

On reflection agree with you both. Off it goes

Disagree. It's semi-specific in that is says "visa", "front third", and "FOB" which I take to be "free on board" (i.e. free transfer). You only get a name out out of CFG if the player comes via Manchester or the player/WAG breaks it on antisocial media.

53 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Disagree. It's semi-specific in that is says "visa", "front third", and "FOB" which I take to be "free on board" (i.e. free transfer). You only get a name out out of CFG if the player comes via Manchester or the player/WAG breaks it on antisocial media.

I took FOB to mean fresh off the boat.

Fwiw I reckon all claims dhould go into the BS thread if they don't come into fruition well you get called out.

If it does, but its just a vague rumour well then you get nothing.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Should go after that Greek bloke who looks like a crim from Brisbane

haha. He'd be a good option for defence... Aussie, experienced, handy enough. and provides some cover so we can work Tongyik in slowly. Still need one more CB because I'd be sending Muscat on his way and Malik can stay but as a backup CDM not CB

8 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Yes. 

And apparently I recall we had interest in him after Chapman moved but the deal couldn't get done. As was reported.

ok, I hadn't heard of that.

He's available now. And from Melbourne. He'd be a perfect fit. Only issue I can see if the tards going for him. They're in the market for an Aussie defender... 

7 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

Having to watch the shit cunt constantly under perform for Australia is enough. no thanks

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

On 03/05/2017 at 9:00 PM, GreenSeater said:

Would 100% take him purely so that he could be found out as the terrible player he is in the A League and finally get dropped from the national team tbh

I stand by what I said a few pages ago about Kruse. 

• jw1739 pinned this topic