Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

8 hours ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Not from me, but some bloke on Twitter who is claiming to be connected thinks that we are just about to sign Alexander Jovanovic from Jeju United.

could be a great signing.  it seems  bit dumb to do it without a new manager in first.  although a CB is a pretty safe signing.  we have one.  i would be shocked as shit if the new manager didnt get a second CB for the club this break.

9 hours ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Not from me, but some bloke on Twitter who is claiming to be connected thinks that we are just about to sign Alexander Jovanovic from Jeju United.

From transfermarkt seems to have missed great swags of matches. Reason given as "no information available." He joined Jeju as recently as February this year and is reportedly on a 2-year contract with them.https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/aussie-re-joins-korean-club-450735

• Like 1

On 2017-5-10 at 8:59 PM, rass said:

Nah, keep Brattan and he can play with Kilkenny as the 2 deeper mids in a 4-2-1-3 style (and get a proper visa CAM).

3 at the front can be Fitzy, Tuna and another Visa as Brandan won't be ready (why oh why did Novillo have to be such a penis).

Get another visa (CB) in the back 4 with Jakobsen, find a local LB and hopefully Franjic can recapture his old form and desire at RB. 

Bouzanis *should* improve with a more stable defence.

Caceres can go to Europe and stay there. Rest can fight for the bench, including Cahill who as great as he is, shouldn't be considered a starter at 38.

Get a manager who actually knows his shit and there it is.

My thoughts anyway.

100% with you on Brattan vs Caceras... Brattan, Kilkenny and a proper Playmaker, whether it be a cm as a flat three or a #10, would be considerably better and more affective then having Caceras in there somewhere. We desperately need 2x LB a good starter and maybe a younger sub?

Bouzanis' future should only be as our 2nd keeper. Nowhere near good enough to be our starter. Need someone with better leadership, who can order a defence, who's not scared to come off his line. Pretty much a keeper that has more skills then just being a half decent shot stopper...

The MOST inportant is a TOP coach. Without one, it'll be another wasted season. I said it start of this season, we wouldn't win anything with JVS. Couldn't do it last year, wasn't going to this year. I'd be 100 times happier with a top coach but average new players. you'd find guys like Bouzanis, Malik, Rose wouldn't look so bad if we played to the teams strengths.

On Mitch Nichols... Please no!

There aren't any current players that have been released that I'd take other than Martinez but not sure I'd waste the Marquee spot on him...

Dream Marquee - Honda... Would solve our lack of a playmaker problem as well as adding some commercial value... Shirt sales always jump up when he signs up because he's got a huge fan base in Japan.

If John Roberts is a done deal then that's a good pick up. Kid looks quality and better to have a kid as a sub for Bruno rather then an average striker.

Edited by PORCHO
edited due to poorly worded sentance
  • Like 1

Just now, PORCHO said:

100% with you on Brattan vs Caceras... Brattan, Kilkenny and a proper Playmaker, whether it be a cm as a flat three or a #10, would be considerably better and more affective then having Caceras in there somewhere. We desperately need 2x LB a good starter and maybe a younger sub?

Bouzanis' future should only be as our 2nd keeper. Nowhere near good enough to be our starter. Need someone with better leadership, who can order a defence, who's not scared to come off his line. Pretty much a keeper that has more skills then just being a half decent shot stopper...

The MOST inportant is a TOP coach. Without one, it'll be another wasted season. I said it start of this season, we wouldn't win anything with JVS. Couldn't do it last year, wasn't going to this year. I'd be 100 times happier with a top coach but average new players. you'd find guys like Bouzanis, Malik, Rose wouldn't look so bad if we played to the teams strengths.

On Mitch Nichols... Please no! There aren't any current players that have been released that I'd take other than Martinez but not sure I'd waste the Marquee spot on him...

Dream Marquee - Honda... Would solve our lack of a playmaker problem as well as adding some commercial value... Shirt sales always jump up when he signs up because he's got a huge fan base in Japan.

Tbh i doubt Nichols would be being considered for a marquee spot. Id hazard a guess that he'd be a signing under the cap if any.

15 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Tbh i doubt Nichols would be being considered for a marquee spot. Id hazard a guess that he'd be a signing under the cap if any.

Sorry, Poorly worded sentance... I meant I'd take Martinez but maybe not if he had to come as a marquee... Nichols I wouldn't take at all... 

On 5/15/2017 at 9:36 AM, Hellenic Hero said:

Confirmed 100%

On 5/13/2017 at 11:28 AM, bt50 said:

Isn't Ansell off to Europe, same as Baro? I don't think theyve been released in the traditional sense, rather than theyve come to the end of their contracts and wish to pursue other option.

Baro wants to stay in A-league apparently. Wouldn't mind him tbh.

Unattached defender Alan Baro is keen to stay in the A-League after being told by former club Melbourne Victory that his one-year contract would not be renewed.

It was reported two days ago Victory coach Kevin Muscat did not offer Baro a new deal because the visa spot could be used for more attacking flair.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/baro-exploring-a-league-options-461823

I wouldn't have thought a collar bone injury would be too disastrous, particularly with 5 months to go before the start of next season. I'm surprised at the Scum's decision on Alan Baro - indeed on their clear-out. I would think he's well worth some serious consideration.

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I wouldn't have thought a collar bone injury would be too disastrous, particularly with 5 months to go before the start of next season. I'm surprised at the Scum's decision on Alan Baro - indeed on their clear-out. I would think he's well worth some serious consideration.

i would say that they have someone else lined up then.  

i would love it if we made a move on jurman.  quality defender.  jakobsen and jurman together would be excellent.

17 minutes ago, HughJass said:

according to soccer stoppage time city looking for a no.6 and 10 with a few more players being released 

That 10 will probably be nico Martinez if we buy him. The 6 is interesting. I thought Kilkenny was great there

• Like 2

Mitch Nichols just got charged with cocaine possession. 

FORMER Western Sydney Wanderers star and Socceroo Mitch Nichols has been charged with possession of cocaine at a Sydney nightclub.

Nichols, 28, who was released by the Wanderers last week, was allegedly at Casablanca nightclub in Double Bay in the early hours of last Saturday when police conducted a random drug sweep.

Just before 12.30am police located three small clear resealable plastic bags containing about 1.1 grams of a white powder which they believed to be cocaine.

Police confiscated the drugs and issued Nichols with a field court attendance notice for possess prohibited drug. He is due to appear at Downing Centre Local Court on Friday 9 June.

Nichols was allegedly arrested following a random drug sweep at Cassablanca nightclub in Double Bay on Friday night.

Nichols was told last week that his contract at Western Sydney would not be renewed for next season, and the midfielder is believed to want to try his luck in the European leagues.

However any offence would still be within the jurisdiction of Football Federation Australia once his contract expires at the end of this month. All of the Western Sydney players are currently on leave, including those who are being released.Police allegedly found three resealable bags during the operation at Casablanca nightclu

Under FFA’s Code of Conduct, that applies to all registered players, there is a catch-all “bringing the game into disrepute” charge, under which players can be suspended immediately at the discretion of the governing body.

The Code specifically notes that it “continues to apply to a member even after that member’s association, registration, employment or engagement has ended, if that member breached this code while a current member.”

In effect he could be suspended even without having a contract, though the Code also notes that a player must be given due notice of any potential charge and the right to a fair hearing.

Nichols was released after a disappointing season in which Western Sydney only just made the finals, and were eliminated at the first hurdle. He won two A-League titles with Brisbane Roar and has played five times for his country, though not since Ange Postecoglou — his former boss at Brisbane — took charge.

Edited by Davy21

16 minutes ago, Davy21 said:

FORMER Western Sydney Wanderers star and Socceroo Mitch Nichols has been charged with possession of cocaine at a Sydney nightclub.

Nichols, 28, who was released by the Wanderers last week, was allegedly at Casablanca nightclub in Double Bay in the early hours of last Saturday when police conducted a random drug sweep.

Just before 12.30am police located three small clear resealable plastic bags containing about 1.1 grams of a white powder which they believed to be cocaine.

Police confiscated the drugs and issued Nichols with a field court attendance notice for possess prohibited drug. He is due to appear at Downing Centre Local Court on Friday 9 June.

Nichols was allegedly arrested following a random drug sweep at Cassablanca nightclub in Double Bay on Friday night.

Nichols was told last week that his contract at Western Sydney would not be renewed for next season, and the midfielder is believed to want to try his luck in the European leagues.

However any offence would still be within the jurisdiction of Football Federation Australia once his contract expires at the end of this month. All of the Western Sydney players are currently on leave, including those who are being released.Police allegedly found three resealable bags during the operation at Casablanca nightclu

Under FFA’s Code of Conduct, that applies to all registered players, there is a catch-all “bringing the game into disrepute” charge, under which players can be suspended immediately at the discretion of the governing body.

The Code specifically notes that it “continues to apply to a member even after that member’s association, registration, employment or engagement has ended, if that member breached this code while a current member.”

In effect he could be suspended even without having a contract, though the Code also notes that a player must be given due notice of any potential charge and the right to a fair hearing.

Nichols was released after a disappointing season in which Western Sydney only just made the finals, and were eliminated at the first hurdle. He won two A-League titles with Brisbane Roar and has played five times for his country, though not since Ange Postecoglou — his former boss at Brisbane — took charge.

nothing new here 70% of players are on something ........

45 minutes ago, Davy21 said:

Mitch Nicholls to Melbourne City confirmed. Out for one Germano due to a deviated septum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

That 10 will probably be nico Martinez if we buy him. The 6 is interesting. I thought Kilkenny was great there

Martinez is two seasons into a four-year contract with Olympiacos. Allegedly he was on $563,000 at WSW, with WSW paying about $266,000 and Olympiacos the rest. That seems to me to breach the Lampard Rule.

If we're interested no doubt CFG's accountants will be busy.

"A few more players being released" - that's the bit of the SST rumour that intrigues me. Wouldn't be surprised if Bouzanis, Franjic, Muscat and Malik are on that list. Bouzanis for his "gypsy" comment, and the others for underwhelming performances. That's just speculation by me. We'll know in a couple of weeks when contracts formally expire.

22 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Martinez is two seasons into a four-year contract with Olympiacos. Allegedly he was on $563,000 at WSW, with WSW paying about $266,000 and Olympiacos the rest. That seems to me to breach the Lampard Rule.

"A few more players being released" - that's the bit of the SST rumour that intrigues me. Wouldn't be surprised if Bouzanis, Franjic, Muscat and Malik are on that list. Bouzanis for his "gypsy" comment, and the others for underwhelming performances. That's just speculation by me. We'll know in a couple of weeks when contracts formally expire.

He was their marquee though wasnt he? Doesnt matter what they pay him in that instance.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Can't see that being the case. Unless there's a clause in his contract that determines that an offense such as that leads to termination without a payout we'd have to carry his costs under the salary cap, which seems like cutting our nose off to spite our face. I think that we'll be looking for a new keeper to push him to the bench though.

21 minutes ago, bt50 said:

He was their marquee though wasnt he? Doesnt matter what they pay him in that instance.

Yep, pretty sure it's only there to prevent teams *cough* us *cough* bringing in loan players for next to no wages and using that wage space to stockpile high level players.

Edited by Embee

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

1 hour ago, Embee said:

Yep, pretty sure it's only there to prevent teams *cough* us *cough* bringing in loan players for next to no wages and using that wage space to stockpile high level players.

Ah mea culpa. Yes, that had escaped me. It would have been a breach of Lampard only if he had been inside the cap.

Back firmly in my box!

• jw1739 pinned this topic