Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

59 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

He should be coaching the under 10s at Moonee Ponds SC. Lol he would probably be sacked from there. Stupid dickhead that he is

Do you try and post nonsense or does it just come naturally? 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Do you try and post nonsense or does it just come naturally? 

Seriously its true. This seasons been a disgace mate. As much sarcasm as im saying, im saying it because its bullshit how we lost to perth in the quarter finals and only won 2 or 3 games under valkanis. We should have got a new coach from the start mate not have some assistant coach who learnt nothing from Gombau, Amore and JVS

18 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Seriously its true. This seasons been a disgace mate. As much sarcasm as im saying, im saying it because its bullshit how we lost to perth in the quarter finals and only won 2 or 3 games under valkanis. We should have got a new coach from the start mate not have some assistant coach who learnt nothing from Gombau, Amore and JVS

It's going to be a very long winter.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jovan said:

It's going to be a very long winter.

Im not having a go at u if u think that. But do u see point. Its stupid how we havent signed a good coach in 3 seasons with City and 7 seasons including Heart. Im glad there has been rumours of either gombau, kean and pardew becoming a coach

5 hours ago, Heart of Melbourne said:

Have it on good authority that a contract has been offered to Troisi. 

CFG would be stupid not to go after this bloke, unless they have another absolute gun lined up. We need some key players to be around for a few years so long term contracts are a must.

1 hour ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Im not having a go at u if u think that. But do u see point. Its stupid how we havent signed a good coach in 3 seasons with City and 7 seasons including Heart. Im glad there has been rumours of either gombau, kean and pardew becoming a coach

Mate the point is that regardless of what you and your multi think CFG will appoint who they want and in their own time. 

Yes they have made mistakes and the coaching department tops the list but the offseason in the A League is the longest in the world and nothing will happen for a while so take it easy, and relax with the shit posting.

19 minutes ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

Dino Djulbic has just left Perth, would be happy if we offered him a contract. Thoughts?

I'd be interested at the right price. Ideally we go for another visa CB to partner Jakobsen, and then you could have Djulbic and Tongyik as backups.

If you could get him under 100k on a 1 year deal as the first backup I reckon he'd be a good option.

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

Mate the point is that regardless of what you and your multi think CFG will appoint who they want and in their own time. 

Yes they have made mistakes and the coaching department tops the list but the offseason in the A League is the longest in the world and nothing will happen for a while so take it easy, and relax with the shit posting.

The preseason is the most important time to reflect on what we have done wrong and how we can improve. Something needs to happen soon. Our players need to improve. I am not shitposting mate. Do u not understand that the management of this club is terrible. Do u not understand we need to act immediately. Melbourne city has the most expensive team and have had shit coaches. Melbourne city have CFG to loan us players like Bratten, caceres and possibly Maclaren. While other teams do not have that advantage and still best us.  Its bullshit how we cannot even qualify for Asia. Its bullshit man

14 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

The preseason is the most important time to reflect on what we have done wrong and how we can improve. Something needs to happen soon. Our players need to improve. I am not shitposting mate. Do u not understand that the management of this club is terrible. Do u not understand we need to act immediately. Melbourne city has the most expensive team and have had shit coaches. Melbourne city have CFG to loan us players like Bratten, caceres and possibly Maclaren. While other teams do not have that advantage and still best us.  Its bullshit how we cannot even qualify for Asia. Its bullshit man

I don't think that there's a lot of evidence that the overall franchise management is terrible otherwise how do you explain the success of the Womens and Youth Teams? There have definitely been mistakes made in recruiting and n particular in coaching but it isn't clear what level of management that decision was made. Local management is certainly responsible for marketing and 'membership' and crowd attendance but really even Elon Musk couldn't improve our crowd figures when we have been playing the way that we have.

17 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I don't think that there's a lot of evidence that the overall franchise management is terrible otherwise how do you explain the success of the Womens and Youth Teams? There have definitely been mistakes made in recruiting and n particular in coaching but it isn't clear what level of management that decision was made. Local management is certainly responsible for marketing and 'membership' and crowd attendance but really even Elon Musk couldn't improve our crowd figures when we have been playing the way that we have.

Yes our womans and youth have been successful but on the other hand our mens are not.

3 terrible coaches

Most expensive team in A league

Signing are a help from CFG (loans players from Manchester city is how we got caceres, bratten and Mooy

4th twice and 5th

Only won FFA cup

We should have made asia last year and this year with the team we had but then we signed shit coaches.

The success of a club is measured through the silver wear the mens bring. So regardless of how successful the womens and youth are, success of the mens is wear it is at

Edited by xXCiTyZeNXx

Agree with all that but the problem seems to be confined to the mens team rather than extending through to the whole franchise management. I'm not suggesting that Munn and Co are faultless only that the environment that they've created seems to be no impediment to the 2 other teams. The men's team is afflicted with the cultural cancer that was JVS, luckily it hasn't spread to the other teams

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

Agree with all that but the problem seems to be confined to the mens team rather than extending through to the whole franchise management. I'm not suggesting that Munn and Co are faultless only that the environment that they've created seems to be no impediment to the 2 other teams. The men's team is afflicted with the cultural cancer that was JVS, luckily it hasn't spread to the other teams

I think you actually over simplify the issues. The youth and womens teams are likely more successful due to the fact that our substantial facilities and resources can be better wielded there. Youth will want to play for us because we have the best pathway in the league hands down. So it isn't surprising in a major city we have the best youth. Women want to play for us because we can actually pay them and treat them like professionals instead of a burden. These advantages are not as large in the mens comp where there is a salary cap and its less about those intangible factors. Having said that, what advantage we do have (and they are still large) have been misused by our coaching staff and management. I don't think it's as simple as giving upper management a pass and blaming JVS. Yes he is the big reason but Munn and co bought him back and for that alone they should go. 

Coaching is the most difficult aspect for any club to get right. When I started following football what impressed me most was how much influence a coach had compared to the AFL. Usually coaches fade and even successful ones tend to have serious dips. What was disappointing about CFG and the MCFC coaching is that they did not pull the trigger earlier on JVS. The second disappointment was that Valkanis was given the task of steering the team for the remainder of the season. But right now, I am expecting that they do appoint a more passionate, dominating coach, who can improve teh skills of our younger players, who is tactically astute and a good motivator.

8 hours ago, wombegongal said:

I think you actually over simplify the issues. The youth and womens teams are likely more successful due to the fact that our substantial facilities and resources can be better wielded there. Youth will want to play for us because we have the best pathway in the league hands down. So it isn't surprising in a major city we have the best youth. Women want to play for us because we can actually pay them and treat them like professionals instead of a burden. These advantages are not as large in the mens comp where there is a salary cap and its less about those intangible factors. Having said that, what advantage we do have (and they are still large) have been misused by our coaching staff and management. I don't think it's as simple as giving upper management a pass and blaming JVS. Yes he is the big reason but Munn and co bought him back and for that alone they should go. 

Of course they are factors as well but the problems in the mens team is not attributable to the franchise administration other than the decision to appoint and retain JVS and Valkanis in senior coaching roles but it isn't clear whether those decisions were made locally or in accordance with CFG policies. If its a local decision then yes, Munn should go.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/robbie-keane-to-aleague-wife-on-one-more-adventure/news-story/ba0f4165993a49c9acbe9f58eac2af46

KEANE A-LEAGUE MOVE BACK ON THE CARDS?

Remember when Robbie Keane was linked with both Western Sydney Wanderers and Brisbane Roar at the end of 2016?

An A-League transfer for the former Liverpool and Tottenham player never eventuated, and now his wife, Claudine, has revealed she “was closed off” to the idea of a long-haul flight to Australia.

However, the 36-year-old Republic of Ireland international left LA Galaxy last year, and Keane indicated last month he has “one more adventure” left in his football career.

And Claudine now sees a move Down Under “differently”.

“Initially when we left LA I thought I’d like England but now that I’ve been home for a little while I’m looking at the bigger picture,” Claudine told RTE.

Robbie Keane (L) in action for LA Galaxy.Source: AP

“I know nothing is forever and this is just the way it is for a few years. You take the opportunity and you grasp it. Now I’m much more open. I think I was closed off initially.

“Sydney came in and I just thought, ‘No, please I can’t go to Sydney now. That other flight was bad with two kids, you can’t put me on this flight. I’m going to crack up altogether. Now I’m approaching it differently and he is too.

“I think it’s going to be like most moves, a bit last minute.”

Claudine added: “Rob really wants to play now. He’s had enough of just training. He enjoyed it for the first few weeks but now it’s like ‘I want a game at the end of the week, I’m training hard, I feel good, now I want to play.”

10 hours ago, belaguttman said:

I'm not sure that you are quite right with that Bela. IIRC Jess Fishlock indicated that the reason why a mid-season slump in the W-League was overcome was the change in coaching positions that saw Paddy Kisnorbo take a much bigger role with the women's team than he had previously. There's an interview somewhere saying that.

2 hours ago, Simo said:

Is this transfers or coaching thread??

It's the off-season. Relax. Threads tend to get pretty general.

43 minutes ago, playmaker said:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/robbie-keane-to-aleague-wife-on-one-more-adventure/news-story/ba0f4165993a49c9acbe9f58eac2af46

KEANE A-LEAGUE MOVE BACK ON THE CARDS?

Remember when Robbie Keane was linked with both Western Sydney Wanderers and Brisbane Roar at the end of 2016?

An A-League transfer for the former Liverpool and Tottenham player never eventuated, and now his wife, Claudine, has revealed she “was closed off” to the idea of a long-haul flight to Australia.

However, the 36-year-old Republic of Ireland international left LA Galaxy last year, and Keane indicated last month he has “one more adventure” left in his football career.

And Claudine now sees a move Down Under “differently”.

“Initially when we left LA I thought I’d like England but now that I’ve been home for a little while I’m looking at the bigger picture,” Claudine told RTE.

Robbie Keane (L) in action for LA Galaxy.Source: AP

“I know nothing is forever and this is just the way it is for a few years. You take the opportunity and you grasp it. Now I’m much more open. I think I was closed off initially.

“Sydney came in and I just thought, ‘No, please I can’t go to Sydney now. That other flight was bad with two kids, you can’t put me on this flight. I’m going to crack up altogether. Now I’m approaching it differently and he is too.

“I think it’s going to be like most moves, a bit last minute.”

Claudine added: “Rob really wants to play now. He’s had enough of just training. He enjoyed it for the first few weeks but now it’s like ‘I want a game at the end of the week, I’m training hard, I feel good, now I want to play.”

36 and no clubs have come for him, so trying get back what was once offered

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'm not sure that you are quite right with that Bela. IIRC Jess Fishlock indicated that the reason why a mid-season slump in the W-League was overcome was the change in coaching positions that saw Paddy Kisnorbo take a much bigger role with the women's team than he had previously. There's an interview somewhere saying that.

It's the off-season. Relax. Threads tend to get pretty general.

Yes that's right, fix the problem locally and it goes away - the womens team coaching problem was fixed and the team performance improved. If there was a general problem outside the womens team then its unlikely they would have won the Championship. I'm not particularly wedded (or not wedded) to Scott Mann but it does seem that local administration is contributing minimally to the mens team cultural problem as it isn't reflected in the other teams. 

20 hours ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/05/04/an-excellent-quick-dribbler-man-city-scout-sweden-based-ghanaian-sensation-kingsley-sarfo/

Manchester city are looking to sign a 22 year old winger and will not be player for the first team at Manchester City

In the artical it says he could be loaned out to either NYC or us.

Colazo replacement, would be nice.

6 hours ago, HeartOfCity said:

Would anyone take Seb Ryall from Sydney? I know he's second string in Sydney but ive always thought he's played well and maybe partnering Jakobsen could be a good thing without wasting the spot on another visa

I take it that was a sarcastic post. If not, thats really disappointing. Ryall is the definition of a hack and cant play football for the life of him.  Protect the teenagers of melbourne if anything ffs.

10 hours ago, belaguttman said:

Not after what happened the last time he was living in Melbourne

Ha ha fair enough, didnt even realise he was from the dark side. 

6 hours ago, Originalmeme said:

I take it that was a sarcastic post. If not, thats really disappointing. Ryall is the definition of a hack and cant play football for the life of him.  Protect the teenagers of melbourne if anything ffs.

Nothing sarcastic about it, obviously the city youth are going great guns and thats why we got chapman from Newcastle and Tongjik from Adelaide. 

13 hours ago, HeartOfCity said:

Would anyone take Seb Ryall from Sydney? I know he's second string in Sydney but ive always thought he's played well and maybe partnering Jakobsen could be a good thing without wasting the spot on another visa

Definitely not Ryall, but certainly would Ryan Grant. Versatile at the back, gets forward well.

Then again, he wears one hell of a shitty man bun - don't think we have a good history of solid performances from those Fabio types :(

8 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Can for those of us who don't know, what did Ryall do exactly last time he was in Melbourne?

(I'm not saying sign him, i think hes a shit cunt as well, just curious as to what happened lol)

Suggest we don't pursue this. The charge against him was dropped. 

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/soccer-star-in-the-clear-on-underage-sex-charge-20100515-v5ds.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeartOfCity said:

Ha ha fair enough, didnt even realise he was from the dark side. 

Nothing sarcastic about it, obviously the city youth are going great guns and thats why we got chapman from Newcastle and Tongjik from Adelaide. 

the teens thing was about the previous posts hahahah, not about our academy :(

Midfielder Luke Brattan, who joined on loan from Manchester City at the start of the season, could stay after it was thought he would return to Europe to seek opportunities.

Fellow CFG loanee, midfielder Anthony Caceres has indicated that he wants to have a crack at Europe and could depart.

City is in the market for a midfielder, keeper and a left-back.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/teams/melbourne-city/melbourne-city-plans-to-appoint-overseas-coach-by-end-of-may/news-story/c303b9fc90c0fb5a6b62550ca72e0a24

• jw1739 pinned this topic