Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Confirmed that Sorensen and colazo are leaving. We have signed galakovic to replace sorensen which is good.

Ben Khalfallah contract expires for melbourne victory so that could be a good replacement for colazo or even castro as he wants to leave glory but could join Sydney, it would be worth while bidding on castro.

Mclaren is hinted to also come here as Manchester r going to sign him, i think

We need good defenders. I said a few weeks ago about Maicon being a free agent. Yes he is 36 years old but would help build city or kevin constant who is 31 and is also a free agent as well

9 hours ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Confirmed that Sorensen and colazo are leaving. We have signed galakovic to replace sorensen which is good.

Ben Khalfallah contract expires for melbourne victory so that could be a good replacement for colazo or even castro as he wants to leave glory but could join Sydney, it would be worth while bidding on castro.

Mclaren is hinted to also come here as Manchester r going to sign him, i think

We need good defenders. I said a few weeks ago about Maicon being a free agent. Yes he is 36 years old but would help build city or kevin constant who is 31 and is also a free agent as well

Your clutching at straws. But I wouldn't be surprised if the club hasn't learnt their lesson and recruits more 35+ year olds.

5 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Am I the only one that thinks Fornaroli will leave? He looked very frustrated towards the end of the season.

Frustrated because he had fuck all service, was not the top goal scorer and he knows he had a poor season by his standards.

He ain't leaving anywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Am I the only one that thinks Fornaroli will leave? He looked very frustrated towards the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Tony999 said:

Frustrated because he had fuck all service, was not the top goal scorer and he knows he had a poor season by his standards.

He ain't leaving anywhere.

Plus the guy is on over a million dollars a season with us for the next couple seasons (something not to be sneezed at).

I don't see many European clubs wanting to commit that much financially along with whatever transfer fee the CFG are demanding, so Fornaroli would be limited to certain parts of Asia to get the same financial backing.  

Could happen, but seems quite unlikely.

Edited by mattyh001

i would sell fornaroli now while he is worth something and bring in an australian striker - taggart/maclaren.  

but - on that i expect that if maclaren signs for CFG he will be off to europe like mooy.  he does well in the championship or similar they will have another 10-20 million dollar man.  a couple players like that and melbourne city has been paid for.

Y is everyone complaining about bruno. Okay he didnt have a great season compared to last season but he still scored 17 goals. Bruno doesnt have some of the players around him to assist to him. He should have scored 4 penalties but the same could be said about Berisha.

I would like to see how Cahill goes with taking penalties.

We dont have Mooy, JVS and Valkanis hardly used Caceres and Fitzgerald which was a mistake, and the players we thought were going to be good this season ended up not performing as good such as Brattan and Kamau. Preseason we need to work on our defence and our counter attack

1 minute ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Y is everyone complaining about bruno. Okay he didnt have a great season compared to last season but he still scored 17 goals. Bruno doesnt have some of the players around him to assist to him. He should have scored 4 penalties but the same could be said about Berisha.

I would like to see how Cahill goes with taking penalties.

We dont have Mooy, JVS and Valkanis hardly used Caceres and Fitzgerald which was a mistake, and the players we thought were going to be good this season ended up not performing as good such as Brattan and Kamau. Preseason we need to work on our defence and our counter attack

Who's complaining about him mate? Everyone respects that he is a dead set gun who gives 110% each week for the club and fans and we love him for that, we just said he didn't have a great season compared to his usual lofty standards (which was mostly not even his fault).

9 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Who's complaining about him mate? Everyone respects that he is a dead set gun who gives 110% each week for the club and fans and we love him for that, we just said he didn't have a great season compared to his usual lofty standards (which was mostly not even his fault).

Sorry Hellenic. I did miss interpreted with what u and others said. I completely agree with what u say. It mostly wasnt his fault and this is why preseason needs to start immediately to fix the mistakes of this season. 

Edited by xXCiTyZeNXx

Bruno remains a huge player for us. This past season he played in all but 14 minutes of 27 league matches (including the EF), and played in all 5 FFA Cup matches. That's 32 matches, in which he scored 20 goals (including 10 penalties). In his two seasons with us that makes 64 matches for 48 goals. I don't have the figures for penalties other than for this season.

For those who say "Yes, but half his goals were penalties" just let me say that they are all goals just the same, and you still have to put the ball in the back of the net. And if you've ever taken a penalty, even in the Sunday League, you'll know that it isn't as easy as it seems.

Bruno lives for his family and for football. He gives everything he's got for the shirt. In a table of commitment to the club and the fans, Bruno would be on top of the list. Every one of those misses and unconverted chances, every poor touch and poor pass, would hurt him far more than they hurt any of us.

Mistakes were made this season. IMO he should not have been captain, ironically because of his commitment to the shirt and not because of a lack of it. Being captain took his focus off his own game. JvS had a poor record when choosing captains - he fell out with Colosimo very quickly. The coaching staff never worked out how to play both Bruno and Tim in the same line-up, and IMO that detracted from the performance of both players. We didn't seem to have an alternative penalty taker except Colazo, and that was a mistake as well.

Of course Bruno did not stand out as he did last season. But to talk about him leaving the club just seems crazy to me.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Bruno remains a huge player for us. This past season he played in all but 14 minutes of 27 league matches (including the EF), and played in all 5 FFA Cup matches. That's 32 matches, in which he scored 20 goals (including 10 penalties). In his two seasons with us that makes 64 matches for 48 goals. I don't have the figures for penalties other than for this season.

For those who say "Yes, but half his goals were penalties" just let me say that they are all goals just the same, and you still have to put the ball in the back of the net. And if you've ever taken a penalty, even in the Sunday League, you'll know that it isn't as easy as it seems.

Bruno lives for his family and for football. He gives everything he's got for the shirt. In a table of commitment to the club and the fans, Bruno would be on top of the list. Every one of those misses and unconverted chances, every poor touch and poor pass, would hurt him far more than they hurt any of us.

Mistakes were made this season. IMO he should not have been captain, ironically because of his commitment to the shirt and not because of a lack of it. Being captain took his focus off his own game. JvS had a poor record when choosing captains - he fell out with Colosimo very quickly. The coaching staff never worked out how to play both Bruno and Tim in the same line-up, and IMO that detracted from the performance of both players. We didn't seem to have an alternative penalty taker except Colazo, and that was a mistake as well.

Of course Bruno did not stand out as he did last season. But to talk about him leaving the club just seems crazy to me.

Well summed up JW. I know we haven't always seen eye to eye but that was a great summary.

Cannot believe anybody can complain about Bruno. The only attacking player who can play for 90 min. Dedicated. Great attitude. He was played incorrectly this season hence the false perception of ineffectiveness.

... and fuck off! (c)

• Like 1

i dont think bruno should be captain.  it distracts from his game and he does a shithouse job of it.  he doesnt seem to be leading anything.

i love bruno as a striker. but if we are going to keep him we need to give him the space to work and we need a proper number 10 behind him.  we need to sort out the midfield immediately.

imo kilkenny, brattan and cahill are all different types of players but they are all essentially only offering the same role - the number 8.  when we need a 6, 8 and 10 under the systems we play. cahill can play up front. so to me kilkenny or brattan needs to go.  if it was up to me it would be kilkenny - because that also clears out some of the bad discipline and brattan will improve while kilkenny has peaked.

Imagine actually wanting to get rid of the best player in the history of the club, who finished third in the golden boot, scored more goals in a season than any other Heart/City player two years in a row, has 48 goals in 60 games and has more passion for the shirt than anyone else who has ever worn it. What an absolute joke.

For what it's worth I think the criticism of Bruno's captaincy is unwarrented. Nobody else in the team would make a better captain. The only other competitors would have been Sorensen (benched all season), Kilkenny (too undisciplined and critical of his teammates and new to the club) or Cahill (new to the club). If you took away his season last year, this season he has still had one of the best seasons by a player for our club ever.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nah brah said:

i dont think bruno should be captain.  it distracts from his game and he does a shithouse job of it.  he doesnt seem to be leading anything.

i love bruno as a striker. but if we are going to keep him we need to give him the space to work and we need a proper number 10 behind him.  we need to sort out the midfield immediately.

imo kilkenny, brattan and cahill are all different types of players but they are all essentially only offering the same role - the number 8.  when we need a 6, 8 and 10 under the systems we play. cahill can play up front. so to me kilkenny or brattan needs to go.  if it was up to me it would be kilkenny - because that also clears out some of the bad discipline and brattan will improve while kilkenny has peaked.

I know what your saying but Fornaroli hasnt had the greatest players around him creating opportunities. Valkanis and JVS made a mistake with not playing both Fitzgerald and Caceres as much. They both create opportunities to score and there mistakes hardly cause us to concede goals (but the defence has been shit anyway) 

I reckon give Captain to Kilkenny if they will change captain or Jakobsen but besides that keep it on fornaroli 

4 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Imagine actually wanting to get rid of the best player in the history of the club, who finished third in the golden boot, scored more goals in a season than any other Heart/City player two years in a row, has 48 goals in 60 games and has more passion for the shirt than anyone else who has ever worn it. What an absolute joke.

For what it's worth I think the criticism of Bruno's captaincy is unwarrented. Nobody else in the team would make a better captain. The only other competitors would have been Sorensen (benched all season), Kilkenny (too undisciplined and critical of his teammates and new to the club) or Cahill (new to the club). If you took away his season last year, this season he has still had one of the best seasons by a player for our club ever.

7 hours ago, Dylan said:

For those saying that Bruno should leave. Do us all a favour and don't sign up next season

Agree that aside from all the goals, Fornaroli is one of very few to stand up each week for the team and be counted - any criticism of him as a captain is significantly more damming of the players around him since he's at least making himself accountable.

In terms people going off about some saying "he should leave"; am I missing something here since from what's been posted the vast majority of us want him here and there by don't get the rhetoric?

More than anything most of us seem very shitty about the experience of this season's second half of the season, and some things are being taken out of context (either through being misinterpreted or through being one angle / component of a bigger picture)

Edited by mattyh001

http://inglewoodunitedfc.com.au/ireland-international-keogh-to-coach-inglewood/

Inglewood United is pleased to confirm one-time Republic of Ireland international Andy Keogh as its first team coach for the rest of the 2017 season.   Keogh, currently part of Perth Glory’s A-League finals campaign, steps up from an assistant coach role at Inglewood following the departure of Taki Nicolaidis.

Keogh will be supported by assistant coach Andres Oliveira, team manager Saul Contera, goalkeeping coach David Whalley and the existing backroom team across the winter season.   The 30-year old will miss tomorrow’s game at Cockburn City as it clashes with Glory’s Semi-Final encounter at Sydney FC.

“We are delighted to appoint Andy Keogh to the role of first team coach,” president Ces Colli said.    “Andy has been part of the Inglewood coaching team for close to twelve months and he provides us stability and continuity with the best possible avenue to success.   Our goals remain high, which means winning silverware in 2017.”

Dublin-born Keogh played as a teenager with Leeds United but it was during a three-season spell at Scunthorpe United that his career began to take off.   His first call-up to the Republic of Ireland national team came in March 2007, only a few months after joining Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The highlight of Keogh’s six seasons with Wolves came in 2010 when he was a central figure in the West Midlands club topping the English Championship.   He went on to play for Cardiff City, Bristol City, Leeds, Millwall and Blackpool, while the last of his 30 international outings arrived in August 2013.

After close to 400 senior appearances in England, Keogh headed down under in mid-2014 to join Perth Glory.   To date he has played 76 times for the A-League club across three seasons, a period punctuated only by a short stay at Thai club Ratchaburi.

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

http://inglewoodunitedfc.com.au/ireland-international-keogh-to-coach-inglewood/

Inglewood United is pleased to confirm one-time Republic of Ireland international Andy Keogh as its first team coach for the rest of the 2017 season.   Keogh, currently part of Perth Glory’s A-League finals campaign, steps up from an assistant coach role at Inglewood following the departure of Taki Nicolaidis.

Keogh will be supported by assistant coach Andres Oliveira, team manager Saul Contera, goalkeeping coach David Whalley and the existing backroom team across the winter season.   The 30-year old will miss tomorrow’s game at Cockburn City as it clashes with Glory’s Semi-Final encounter at Sydney FC.

“We are delighted to appoint Andy Keogh to the role of first team coach,” president Ces Colli said.    “Andy has been part of the Inglewood coaching team for close to twelve months and he provides us stability and continuity with the best possible avenue to success.   Our goals remain high, which means winning silverware in 2017.”

Dublin-born Keogh played as a teenager with Leeds United but it was during a three-season spell at Scunthorpe United that his career began to take off.   His first call-up to the Republic of Ireland national team came in March 2007, only a few months after joining Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The highlight of Keogh’s six seasons with Wolves came in 2010 when he was a central figure in the West Midlands club topping the English Championship.   He went on to play for Cardiff City, Bristol City, Leeds, Millwall and Blackpool, while the last of his 30 international outings arrived in August 2013.

After close to 400 senior appearances in England, Keogh headed down under in mid-2014 to join Perth Glory.   To date he has played 76 times for the A-League club across three seasons, a period punctuated only by a short stay at Thai club Ratchaburi.

That's nice dear...

• Like 2

Isn't Ivan Franjic a coach with FC Strathmore? Presumably if a job like this has the approval of the A-League club concerned then there's nothing to say it shouldn't happen.

However, when your team is under-performing you'd hope that players are not distracted by other commitments.

I'd be interested to know what the actual "contact time at CFA" is of our players, and the distribution of that between physical training, match analysis, discussions of tactics, etc. etc. 

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Isn't Ivan Franjic a coach with FC Strathmore? Presumably if a job like this has the approval of the A-League club concerned then there's nothing to say it shouldn't happen.

However, when your team is under-performing you'd hope that players are not distracted by other commitments.

I'd be interested to know what the actual "contact time at CFA" is of our players, and the distribution of that between physical training, match analysis, discussions of tactics, etc. etc. 

Lol. Perth just upping their efforts to rort the salary cap.

• Like 2

On 25/04/2017 at 3:30 PM, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

I know what your saying but Fornaroli hasnt had the greatest players around him creating opportunities. Valkanis and JVS made a mistake with not playing both Fitzgerald and Caceres as much. They both create opportunities to score and there mistakes hardly cause us to concede goals (but the defence has been shit anyway) 

I reckon give Captain to Kilkenny if they will change captain or Jakobsen but besides that keep it on fornaroli 

i dont doubt bruno has another couple golden boots in him if we get the setup right.  kilkenny and bruno have not really been great role models on the pitch.  i dont think bruno screaming in the face of officials every match because he didnt get a decision his way is the behaviour of a good captain.  i would have thought sorensen would have been captain this year but clearly JVS picked someone he knew would start every game.

3 hours ago, nah brah said:

i dont doubt bruno has another couple golden boots in him if we get the setup right.  kilkenny and bruno have not really been great role models on the pitch.  i dont think bruno screaming in the face of officials every match because he didnt get a decision his way is the behaviour of a good captain.  i would have thought sorensen would have been captain this year but clearly JVS picked someone he knew would start every game.

Agree with the bold part, I remember the most recent Perth away game (round 27) he was yelling at the linesmen so furious that he was covering him in saliva, WAKE UP, WAKE UP, ARE YOU BLIND he shouted....

As a result he didn't get any freekicks awarded for some time.

But then again most of our referees are blind so he could have easily be suspended for 5 games like Bouzanis for calling a spade a spade!

Edited by Mr MO

On 28/04/2017 at 4:19 PM, jw1739 said:

He also has his own football clinic on Saturday's that runs for about 2-3hrs. Quite popular and getting up to 50 kids.

• jw1739 pinned this topic