Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

5 hours ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

John Terry has announced he's leaving Chelsea at the end of the season. I know there's no hope, but as a Chelsea fan I'd love to see him here.

Forget it. We're much more likely to sign a couple more Adelaide rejects.

7 hours ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

John Terry has announced he's leaving Chelsea at the end of the season. I know there's no hope, but as a Chelsea fan I'd love to see him here.

Ticks the box of being old but does not tick the box of being injured all the time. Therefore, don't want him!

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Under the "Caceres Rule" he won't be able to play for us next season anyway.

1 hour ago, silva10 said:

Maybe they have introduced a MacLaren rule lol

1 hour ago, hakz7 said:

If he's a free agent, why wouldn't we just sign him directly?

IIRC it only applies if the player signs whilst still under contract, and used to prevent clubs "buying" players via foreign associated clubs as a loophole for loaning (the loaning component has finer detail - something like 1 or 2 transfer periods to prevent rorting)

As for MacLaren, (a.) it is a pathway, and (b.) allows him some honestly since anytime he misses / loses with us he knows that He's not unlucky under whatever manager he gets 

Edited by mattyh001

13 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

We don't need another striker ffs,  sign a fucking cb!!!!! 

Perhaps you're forgetting that Gameiro and Kuzi probably won't play for the club again due to ACL injuries, that Fernando has an unspecified ACL injury and recovery time, Colazo's loan comes to an end, and Cahill is 37 and possibly won't play as often next season...I'd say we definitely do need another striker, especially one of the calibre of McLaren.

11 hours ago, HeartOfCity said:

But wouldnt that go against city's style and the way they want to play?

From what I observe the game style has been tweaked since he has been here. But you are right and I hope winning gets priority over game style next season or we are in for a whole lot of hurt again.

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

If it's just bullshit SBS should be brought into line. Okay putting out a story with some basis but blatant lies is just wrong. There needs to be some accountability.

NewsCorpse has got away with printing blatant lies for so long that its just accepted as normal

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

If it's just bullshit SBS should be brought into line. Okay putting out a story with some basis but blatant lies is just wrong. There needs to be some accountability.

IIRC when it was rumoured that Brattan would sign for Manchester City and amid speculation that he would then play for us, he was quoted as saying that he wouldn't play in the A-League against Brisbane. They all change their tune when CFG comes a-knockin' at their door.

Alex Cisak? His team Leyton Orient are confirmed relegated to non-league football (and will probably fold unfortunately). Wouldn't be the worst goalkeeper line up in the A-League with Bouzanis and Cisak fighting for a spot, particularly if Sorenson stays with us as a GK coach.

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

Strong hint that Sorensen won't be playing next season. Really hope he stays as a keeping coach. Would be a huge upgrade on Joey. Imo it seems plausible. He lives in Brighton, kids are going to Xavier seems very settled 

He could actually make bozanis good for once. 😂

I do agree with u. Would help the young keepers out like Sozer and also Bozanis 

Edited by xXCiTyZeNXx
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dylan said:

Strong hint that Sorensen won't be playing next season. Really hope he stays as a keeping coach. Would be a huge upgrade on Joey. Imo it seems plausible. He lives in Brighton, kids are going to Xavier seems very settled 

You basing that on his tweet? Certainly that gives the impression he's retiring.

• jw1739 pinned this topic