Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

He's got on the outer because he's had a dummy spit for being subbed. Who'd have thought a footballer would get subbed. Prima Donna. On top of that he's not exactly a threat in front of goal, couldn't score in a brothel.

pass.

He had a dummy spit as he expects he will be snapped up by a European team next season and wanted to showboat showcase himself for the full 90

On 31/03/2017 at 9:51 PM, jeffplz said:

So next season, Galekovic, Bouzanis and Pavlidis are our GK choices in descending order. Sozer denied a contract because he's Turk, now there's 3 Greeks in the seniors. The conspiracy is real

modern greeks are all descendants of the ottomans anyway

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shahanga said:

He's got on the outer because he's had a dummy spit for being subbed. Who'd have thought a footballer would get subbed. Prima Donna. On top of that he's not exactly a threat in front of goal, couldn't score in a brothel.

pass.

10 hours ago, belaguttman said:

He had a dummy spit as he expects he will be snapped up by a European team next season and wanted to showboat showcase himself for the full 90

Players in shite teams always have their shortcomings exacerbated.  Not saying he's world class or even close to getting to a club in a decent European league, but he has always come across a solid touch line winger - where finding space for crossing in wide areas is almost the key skill / attribute.

Also it'd be interesting to see how goes playing along side a centre forward like Fornaroli (someone who can actually play).  By God Newcastle have lacked a proper forward / natural finisher players like to cross to.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

Players in shite teams always have their shortcomings exacerbated.  Not saying he's world class or even close to getting to a club in a decent European league, but he has always come across a solid touch line winger - where finding space for crossing in wide areas is almost the key skill / attribute.

Also it'd be interesting to see how goes playing along side a centre forward like Fornaroli (someone who can actually play).  By God Newcastle have lacked a proper forward / natural finisher players like to cross to.

Yeah he's a penetrating winger I'll give him that, but his finishing let's him down. A forward who can't score is not s good thing.

I have little tolerance though for flawed young players who mistakenly think they are above their club. No one likes to subbed, but when you are, you run off like the pro you're paid to be and smile to the fans.

Messi, yeah he can have a dummy spit.

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

If all Visa's are exempt from the cap next year along with that small increase then I think thats a good outcome, along with transfer fees and loan deals

Would like to see this (doubt it will happen though), we would surely show dominance then.

11 hours ago, Chris p said:

Why the frick isnt it increasing with the tv deal ?

The FFA were hoping for $80m per year, they got ~$50m per year. The majority of A-League clubs run at an annual loss of ~$2m. This is why Lowy came out and said that the current model is not sustainable and expansion is on hold.

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

If all Visa's are exempt from the cap next year along with that small increase then I think thats a good outcome, along with transfer fees and loan deals

I think that would be a bad outcome. No club in the A-league can afford transfer fees (not even city now CFG have tightened the purse strings) and no club can afford to pay for more than 2 marquees.

And while I'm at it, increasing/removing the cap doesn't increase the quality of the league. The Australian talent pool doesn't improve, it just gets paid more. And there is not really enough money in the game to continue paying players what we currently do.

• Like 3

On 3/30/2017 at 7:36 PM, haz said:

I assume they will take the 3 youth spots. @jw1739 who is currently in the youth spots now (not marked on the contract thread) ?. This probably gives an indication of who will not be retained for next season.

I've been away for 10 days in Hong Kong so it will take me a while to catch up with all the threads on the Forum.

I need to find out just what these "Scholarship Contracts" are - may have to ask FFA - but I don't think they are the same as youth contracts. AFAIK the three mandatory youth players signed to the seniors for the current season are Tongyik, Arzani and Kuzi.

If anyone else knows anything about these "Scholarship Contracts" please let me know.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

If anyone else knows anything about these "Scholarship Contracts" please let me know.

JW, from what I've been able to piece together, the Scholarship Program allows up to six U/20 Australian players to be signed to senior contracts from the NYL roster. Scholarship players don't count toward the playing roster but are eligible to be picked to play in the A-League, just like any contracted NYL player.

They get paid the national minimum wage and anything above it counts toward the cap. Same goes for contracted NYL players (who are on the minimum youth salary).

Edited by Harrison

From what I have read, the Hyundai A-League Scholarship program allows clubs to sign up to six players from its Foxtel National Youth League roster on senior contracts. 

'Contracted NYL Players/ Scholarship Players – Each Club can contract up to 6 under 20 Australian Players on the minimum youth salary (Contracted NYL Players) or national minimum wage (Scholarship Players). Any payments above the minimum youth salary or national minimum wage (whichever is applicable) to these Players are included in the Club’s Salary Cap.'

Current scholarship holders (that I know of) at City are Crowley and Cavallo roughly on 20 grand a year. I'm not 100% sure but I think Sozer was also on one. I believe their contracts will be coming to an end soon so we may see some new boys signed to these contracts

. Delianov, Genreau and Pierias (all ex scholarship holders) have just been signed to senior contracts so would roughly be on $44k. Youth salary is different to these contracts, it may be as little as $400 a month.

1 hour ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

The FFA were hoping for $80m per year, they got ~$50m per year. The majority of A-League clubs run at an annual loss of ~$2m. This is why Lowy came out and said that the current model is not sustainable and expansion is on hold.

I think that would be a bad outcome. No club in the A-league can afford transfer fees (not even city now CFG have tightened the purse strings) and no club can afford to pay for more than 2 marquees.

And while I'm at it, increasing/removing the cap doesn't increase the quality of the league. The Australian talent pool doesn't improve, it just gets paid more. And there is not really enough money in the game to continue paying players what we currently do.

🖑🎤  was trying a mic drop emoji

4 hours ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

So you're expecting an imminent slash to our marquee spend ? 

1 minute ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

I would pick him any day over the managers we had. He is probably the only one who would get success out of city

I disagree, read my comment in another thread why I wouldn't want.

Just heard that AC Milan are trying to sell Honda for 3.5 euro but no one is buying him. There has been rumours that he is trying to go to the MLS. CFG should have a look at this as he isnt selling and we could get him as a marquee player to replace colazo for next season.

Also as well, a former AC Milan player Kevin Constant and former Roma player Maicon are both free agents. Maicon is old at age 36 and Constant is age 30. These could be good signings and cheap signing as they are both free agents

• Like 1

18 hours ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Just heard that AC Milan are trying to sell Honda for 3.5 euro but no one is buying him. There has been rumours that he is trying to go to the MLS. CFG should have a look at this as he isnt selling and we could get him as a marquee player to replace colazo for next season.

Also as well, a former AC Milan player Kevin Constant and former Roma player Maicon are both free agents. Maicon is old at age 36 and Constant is age 30. These could be good signings and cheap signing as they are both free agents

3.5 Euro?! That's like $5 Australian.

Bargain!

• Like 2

On 06/04/2017 at 5:41 PM, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Too much mileage 

• jw1739 pinned this topic