Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

30 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

I think they would struggle to keep up shirt sales to be honest. Ive never been a fan of names on the back of shirts, to me its like your supporting one person.

This is so true!!!

Garuccio was serviceable at left back and only going to get better. dumb dumb 

40 minutes ago, Chris p said:

Garuccio was serviceable at left back and only going to get better. dumb dumb 

Garuccio was a fucking terrible left back and was a serviceable winger at best.

This isn't FIFA, players don't just naturally get better because they're young.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AntiScum said:

I think next on the departure plane would be Retre & Kuzmanoski depending on who they could replace them with

I would think Retre is the new (improved) Trifiro.  A squaddie who is on low wages, who can come in and play a role if required.  Frankly I'd be shocked if we released him prior to the season starting, you can't fill out an A League squad without these types of players.

As to Kuzi, buggered if i know what will happen.

27 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Would be extremely shocked and rather disappointed if Retre was released. He signed a new two year deal in January so I don't see it happening, but regardless I think he has improved considerably and is better than both Mauk and Garuccio.

I dunno mate maybe we can find a 38 yr old replacement from the Indian stars league. Just think of the experience 

Garuccio was a prime example of JVS' demented obsession with playing wingers as fullbacks. Garuccio even said to the media that he preferred to play as a winger. But still, JVS persisted in playing him at LB, and this natural LW played more than 90% of his minutes at Melbourne City as a LB. All in all, I'd say Garuccio was a solid contributor, who was very hard-working. For a young player especially (no older than 20 during his time at Melb City), he did a solid job playing out of position so much.

And I reckon if Garuccio plays as a winger at Adelaide (which is more than likely), he'll develop into a talented A-League winger as he gets into his mid-20s (maybe even next season he'll show what he could've done for us if he regularly plays as a LW).

One positive from this departure is that it could lend further credence to the Cahill to Melbourne City idea. Cahill would undoubtedly be a massive signing for the club, and a risk-free signing with only upside if he's our third marquee. With Cahill signing I'd say the team looks set to play 2 strikers up front (Fornaroli and Cahill, and maybe Gameiro in the mix), which would make wingers like Garuccio (and arguably Novillo) surplus to requirements for the club.

Anyway hopefully by around next week the club can start building, and announce some recruitment for next season. It would be good if the whole squad can pretty much be ready to go when pre-season training starts soon. 

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 1

Assuming Mooy and Novillo leave and Brattan, Cahill and Caceres are on board that leaves us with 6 spots and 3 visas I believe. 

Would love an Elrich, 3 good visas and then compliment with 2 aussie squaddies. 

Would leave us with Elrich and Franjic full backs, Chapman or Malik next to hopefully a Visa CB. Then I'd say 2 midfield visas to go with Brattan, Caceres, Melling and potentially Cahill, Bruno, Kamau, Gameiro and Fitzgerald with the ability to play up front and wide. 

Reckon the squad is in decent shape and providing we perfect the Visa signings (and somehow punt JVS) we should be looking good. 

Edited by MHFCRC

11 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

still finding it hard to believe cfg would give cahill 3m yet be stingycunts with tuna and only offer him 700k

I`ve been told they are trying to keep Bruno under the cap with future promises. He does have another year left on his contract so it could come back to bite us on the bum and he walks at the end of his contract.

1 hour ago, JC22 said:

Austin is rubbish glad we didn't get him.

+1. Rutger Worm was a better crosser of the ball than Austin is. All he has in his favour is raw speed and a powerful shot that usually ends up way off target. Would take Novillo or try to find another one like him any day.

14 minutes ago, billyheart said:

+1. Rutger Worm was a better crosser of the ball than Austin is. All he has in his favour is raw speed and a powerful shot that usually ends up way off target. Would take Novillo or try to find another one like him any day.

Speed, shots and bad crosses... they found their replacement for the New Zealander Bar-bar-uses.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

still finding it hard to believe cfg would give cahill 3m yet be stingycunts with tuna and only offer him 700k

I'm sure I'll keep seeing variations on this, but:

1. If Cahill comes to City, we won't be paying his full salary, so we won't be giving him 3m

2. Bruno's salary is a footballing matter, Cahill is part footballer part marketing so you'd expect it to be higher because he brings something to the club Bruno doesn't

Also all these figures are unconfirmed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kinnibari said:

I'm sure I'll keep seeing variations on this, but:

1. If Cahill comes to City, we won't be paying his full salary, so we won't be giving him 3m

2. Bruno's salary is a footballing matter, Cahill is part footballer part marketing so you'd expect it to be higher because he brings something to the club Bruno doesn't

Also all these figures are unconfirmed.

In addition if the various reports are true - and let's face it so far the "assistant coach with EPL experience" has not materialised - the guest player concession is for one season only whilst the marquee offer to Bruno is three years.
These days until anything is confirmed by the club I take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

In addition if the various reports are true - and let's face it so far the "assistant coach with EPL experience" has not materialised - the guest player concession is for one season only whilst the marquee offer to Bruno is three years.
These days until anything is confirmed by the club I take it with a grain of salt.

I think you can take the "assistant coach with EPL experience"  as a hint to whats going on and a change of plans.

Valkanis would be the best assistant to help someone settle in as he knows the league extremely well.

4 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

I think you can take the "assistant coach with EPL experience"  as a hint to whats going on and a change of plans.

Valkanis would be the best assistant to help someone settle in as he knows the league extremely well.

Nope. I think it's you including the rest of us that have got no hint of what's going on.

33 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Nope. I think it's you including the rest of us that have got no hint of what's going on.

If a coach comes out and says his building a team for the future then all of a sudden comes out a week later and says this is his last season why the hell would a club keep a coach who wont be around?

4 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

If a coach comes out and says his building a team for the future then all of a sudden comes out a week later and says this is his last season why the hell would a club keep a coach who wont be around?

This is were I agree. It makes no sense. But that still doesn't mean it's going to happen. All I know is from past decisions CFG are pretty hit and miss and the way things appear JVS will be around for another season and Gombau is just a fantasy. 

1 minute ago, Jovan said:

This is were I agree. It makes no sense. But that still doesn't mean it's going to happen. All I know is from past decisions CFG are pretty hit and miss and the way things appear JVS will be around for another season and Gombau is just a fantasy. 

Exactly hence i get told things and if they dont come off my source is unreliable. Things change daily within the club I`ve been told shit i havnt posted because it seems abit far fetched. My source is adamant JVS wont be there come pre season so i guess well see what happens come pre season. Gombau on the other hand could be fantasy but he wasnt bought into the CFG family for no reason. Legalities usually hold up alot of things ......  

1 hour ago, AntiScum said:

You've gotta stop trying to understand our clubs decision making. Ie not replacing Koren last year. 

You'll be a lot better off for it.

You want the manager to stay, you don't want him to stay.

You want good high profile players, you don't want them. 

You want to the club to splash money around. You don't want to be labeled money bags .

You can't win. 

Keep doing what you're doing CFG. Make the headlines and let the rest get their information from those articles. 

• Like 1

Heard from a few people (not even close to reliable sources), that John Terry could be this "big-name" marquee. I hope that isn't the case because we need a midfielder who can hit at least 15 assists next season

15 minutes ago, haz said:

Heard from a few people (not even close to reliable sources), that John Terry could be this "big-name" marquee. I hope that isn't the case because we need a midfielder who can hit at least 15 assists next season

.... as opposed to hitting on the wives of 15 team mates. He's re-signed for Chelsea anyway

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 2

• jw1739 pinned this topic