Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

11 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

I'm going out on a limb here and saying it's Rosicky. No "inside source" just a guess. 35 and injury prone so perfect.

They are waiting to see that he gets an injury in the Euros. If that makes him unavailable for the first half of the season then he's a dead cert

50 minutes ago, strider said:

I don't get it. So we have Bruno as marquee, (possibly) Tim as marquee and another marquee coming? The fuck? 3? Do I need my prostate examined? No

The stories elsewhere all said that FFA had got the various club owners to agree to him coming as a one-year guest.

I've been hearing that the FFA might be looking at a possible 3rd marquee spot. Its more of a rule change so the FFA can use us to  bring in Cahill IMO

As you can imagine, most clubs arent keen on it as it would just help us complete Australian football domination.

8 hours ago, Cityscape said:

3 million a year for a 36 year old but the league's best striker in Bruno isn't worth 2? Okay then

"Commercial incentives" - CFA no longer stands for City Football Academy, its now the Cahill Football Academy

Edited by GreenSeater

6 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

3 million a year for a 36 year old but the league's best striker in Bruno isn't worth 2? Okay then

"Commercial incentives" - CFA no longer stands for City Football Academy, its now the Cahill Football Academy

As long as he's the 'third marquee' (or extended guest, whatever) I honestly couldn't care.

I would've been pretty annoyed if we were signing him as one of the two marquee spots but the way this seems to be going, we're basically getting Cahill as a bonus from a squad sense.

In regards to the wage, it's not my money so I'm not too fussed, but I don't think he's worth that much.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Embee said:

As long as he's the 'third marquee' (or extended guest, whatever) I honestly couldn't care.

I would've been pretty annoyed if we were signing him as one of the two marquee spots but the way this seems to be going, we're basically getting Cahill as a bonus from a squad sense.

In regards to the wage, it's not my money so I'm not too fussed, but I don't think he's worth that much.

Pretty much how I feel. If, and it's still pretty much an if. We retain Bruno for what he is happy with and get another Quality Marquee then signing Cahill on this new Marquee loan spot then can only be seen as a bonus. 

23 minutes ago, JC22 said:

As that source at all reputable?

Ray Gatt made a point of correcting himself over an article where he'd stated the other clubs had told the FFA they didn't want us being able to sign Cahill as an 'extended guest, so at this point I'd say it's more than likely this will be done.

43 minutes ago, Embee said:

Ray Gatt made a point of correcting himself over an article where he'd stated the other clubs had told the FFA they didn't want us being able to sign Cahill as an 'extended guest, so at this point I'd say it's more than likely this will be done.

Ray Gatt full of shit though

13 minutes ago, JC22 said:

Ray Gatt full of shit though

No he issnt. And like Embee said, he came out and corrected the story saying that the clubs rejected the third marquee option. So it's pretty clear that he was informed otherwise by someone who would know the truth. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dylan said:

No he issnt. And like Embee said, he came out and corrected the story saying that the clubs rejected the third marquee option. So it's pretty clear that he was informed otherwise by someone who would know the truth. 

I bloody hope you're right. Bruno + Cahill + Marquee gets me firm af

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, SHERLOCK said:

Buno + Cahill + Marquee + JVS gets me suicidal. 

There HAS to be a tipping point where the team is just too good even for JVS to be able to coach to a mediocre season.

I'm hopeful that if those signings come off and the marquee is a good replacement for Mooy, we'll be wearing toilet seats around our heads next year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

as a player in comparison to Bruno, he's not worth $3million, but commercially for the club and the league, if he stays fit and contributes well, it will be money well spent

What do people think he would be worth in terms of extra crowd per game? Be interesting to see the effect it has as compaired to a Del Piero .....

• Like 1

Garuccio set for Reds move

Adelaide United are reportedly set to swoop on Melbourne City's promising young left winger Ben Garuccio.

News Corp reports that Garuccio, 21, is set to turn in his white and blue shirt for the red of champions Adelaide United.

Previously hailing from Adelaide, it would be a homecoming of sorts, after starting his career with former NSL powerhouse Adelaide City.

Garuccio, who started his A-League career with Melbourne City, has turned out 45 times for the club, scoring one goal.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/garuccio-set-reds-move#xeGwuBEHrb3VUSoG.99

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/garuccio-set-reds-move

Won't be long until Adelaide want Melling too

Edited by haz

2 hours ago, belaguttman said:

I really think that Timmy will bring 1-2000 at best and that it won't be a worthwhile investment of 3 million unless FFA have made concessions in other areas in return for the signing

Agree with regard to numbers ... I was thinking more around shirt sales, profile, appearances, TV / radio, sponsorship, and other commercial events (business dinners, etc) ... Everyone wants to rub shoulders with Timmy

Edited by Torn Asunder
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, belaguttman said:

I really think that Timmy will bring 1-2000 at best and that it won't be a worthwhile investment of 3 million unless FFA have made concessions in other areas in return for the signing

Seems from the article that it would be funded by us, some sponsors and the FFA, so we're probably not paying all the (still speculative) $3m. If it does boost crowds across the league, increase media coverage and improve viewer numbers, it would be worth it to the FFA.

7 hours ago, SHERLOCK said:

Buno + Cahill + Marquee + JVS gets me suicidal. 

lifeline.org.au

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chris p said:

Fuck sake were becoming a joke. No youth. a 35 yr old Tim cahill. Mitch Austin wtf ? 

We have the NYL and NPL for a youth team. In the A-League we're trying to win silverware, not serve as a nursery for 17-year-olds.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

If City sell Timmy shirts it'll only be because of his good performances whilst wearing it. Hopefully he has more impact both on the field and in attendances/merch than Kewell had. I hope to be proven wrong

I think they would struggle to keep up shirt sales to be honest. Ive never been a fan of names on the back of shirts, to me its like your supporting one person.

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

We have the NYL and NPL for a youth team. In the A-League we're trying to win silverware, not serve as a nursery for 17-year-olds.

This is so true!!!

I get the impression they are releasing what they think is dead wood kids and going for experince until the youth they want in becomes available.

I think next on the departure plane would be Retre & Kuzmanoski depending on who they could replace them with

Hopefully Elrich comes in its known he wants out of South Australia.Would look a very stable backline of ...

Franjic - Chapman Malik - Elrich not to mention well no doubt get a new Centre Back and Manny Muscat there aswell

Edited by AntiScum

1 minute ago, AntiScum said:

I get the impression they are releasing what they think is dead wood kids and going for experince until the youth they want in becomes available.

Hopefully Elrich comes in its known he wants out of South Australia.Would look a very stable backline of ...

Franjic - Chapman Malik - Elrich not to mention well no doubt get a new Centre Back and Manny Muscat there aswell

I'd be surprised if elrich did come given the statement Adelaide released. But I'd love him here

1 minute ago, Dylan said:

I'd be surprised if elrich did come given the statement Adelaide released. But I'd love him here

No point keeping a player who doesnt want to be their. He is on contract so they have every reason to come out and say that. They did the same with Malik also.

• jw1739 pinned this topic