Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Just now, Jozzy said:

Right now he's got a year left on his contract before it's up and I can guarantee you not one player would leave the club because he left!

I know JVS currently has a year left on his contract. I am painfully aware of that.

In his first stint, had JVS stuck around to establish the foundations for the future of the club, like he was apparently supposed to be doing then we would not have had to rearrange so much in our third season. We could have continued to build on these supposed foundations JVS was creating. Which included a strong pathway for youth players which Goodwin may have found appealing.

I am not saying that any of that is true. I am saying i can most certainly blame JVS for it. I hate that cunt so much i can blame virtually anything on JVS.

• Like 2

The way this is going the squad is going to be rebuilt almost from scratch.

I'm not surprised by the news on Garuccio or Melling. The Gooch has been played out of position so often, and he's clearly not suited to it. He's also been mates with Mauk for many years, and would have no doubt been influenced by the latter's departure.

Melling a little more surprising, considering he was recently re-signed until 31st May 2018. However, I'm not sure that he's really come on a lot from where he was two seasons ago, and I certainly think he'd be much less of a loss than the Gooch.

By all accounts Kamau would be a great pick-up. He's no doubt attracted by the CFG umbrella.

Whatever transpires, it seems that the team will be almost unrecognisable when they run out in their new kit next season.

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'm not surprised by the news on Garuccio or Melling. The Gooch has been played out of position so often, and he's clearly not suited to it. He's also been mates with Mauk for many years, and would have no doubt been influenced by the latter's departure.

Melling a little more surprising, considering he was recently re-signed until 31st May 2018. However, I'm not sure that he's really come on a lot from where he was two seasons ago, and I certainly think he'd be much less of a loss than the Gooch.

By all accounts Kamau would be a great pick-up. He's no doubt attracted by the CFG umbrella.

Whatever transpires, it seems that the team will be almost unrecognisable when they run out in their new kit next season.

Unless something has changed dramatically in the last three weeks, I'd be truly shocked if Melling is even entertaining going back to Adelaide.

Think Garrucio for Kamau is likely tho. There's been noises there for a while re those two and with Goodwin off to Holland it makes sense for Adelaide to pick up Garrucio as a replacement.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

JVS is removing as many players as possible so that we go through a rebuilding phase again. That way he can have an excuse at the end about how the squad needs time to gel over the course of the season. And then in the 2017/2018 season we will be a force yet again to potentially win the title. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, n i k o said:

JVS is removing as many players as possible so that we go through a rebuilding phase again. That way he can have an excuse at the end about how the squad needs time to gel over the course of the season. And then in the 2017/2018 season we will be a force yet again to potentially win the title. 

Exactly my thoughts. OR it could be the club freeing up space for a new manager ;)

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

The game has passed the Gooch by a bit sadly, he never got enough game time and when he did, it wasn't his prefered position. I got excited with his debut, but he hasn't kicked on, or been given enough opportunity to.

I disagree on Melling, in his last few games his passing has been really good, it is something he has improved in remarkably.

Kamau would be a great pick up though.

Daniel De Silva is off contract now I think, Roda released him. But I'm not sure, his whole contract debacle is a mess. I think he might still be contracted to Perth, but I wonder if he is a possibility. Someone said the other day, that they saw him in Melbourne???

7 minutes ago, moops said:

The game has passed the Gooch by a bit sadly, he never got enough game time and when he did, it wasn't his prefered position. I got excited with his debut, but he hasn't kicked on, or been given enough opportunity to.

I disagree on Melling, in his last few games his passing has been really good, it is something he has improved in remarkably.

Daniel De Silva is off contract now I think, Roda released him. But I'm not sure, his whole contract debacle is a mess. I think he might still be contracted to Perth, but I wonder if he is a possibility. Someone said the other day, that they saw him in Melbourne???

I never got the De Silva situation, is he even that good to warrant the money that he was apparently transferred for? I don't remember him standing out at Perth, but maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.

10 minutes ago, mandangalo said:

I never got the De Silva situation, is he even that good to warrant the money that he was apparently transferred for? I don't remember him standing out at Perth, but maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.

Ditto. I think that some youth players show some enormous potential, Da Silva & Yeboah come to mind, and they quickly pack their bags and head off into oblivion. In a way I understand their desire and need to take on the opportunities but so many are found out once they get there.

21 minutes ago, moops said:

According to Transfermarket he is returning to PG due to the end of his loan

1 hour ago, mandangalo said:

He is pretty good technically, I remember that goal he scored for Perth that was very similar to  James Rodriguez at the Brazil WC, chested the ball down and scored from outside the box. Every time I saw Roda play him, they played him as a left winger, when he is a central midfielder? I would be happy if he came to our club, he's no Mooy, but he has pretty good potential.

56 minutes ago, Davy21 said:

According to Transfermarket he is returning to PG due to the end of his loan

Right, cheers.

35 minutes ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

If the Melling/Garuccio rumour is true, I get the feeling that its more the players wanting to get away from JVS than JVS wanting to get them out of the club.

I do hope Melling stays.

3 minutes ago, moops said:

mistake

Edited by moops
double posted a reply for some reason

Perth have signed both Williams and Castro. I know we all want to forge our own identity by Vadocz was immense for them and would be better than Malik in ventral midfield. Also how would you feel if we swooped for Castro as Mooys replacement???

Imagine Fornaroli and Castro on the same team

Would be hugely disappointed if Melling leaves.

Good solid A-League players are necessary to have in your squad, and Melling has proven himself at this level, offers something different with his aggression, can play in a few positions and importantly for our club plays with passion. Garrucio is similar, but not quite as good as Melling is at his preferred positions.

Also I'd prefer to turn the squad over as little as possible aside form the VISA spots.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fiji19 said:

Perth have signed both Williams and Castro. I know we all want to forge our own identity by Vadocz was immense for them and would be better than Malik in ventral midfield. Also how would you feel if we swooped for Castro as Mooys replacement???

Imagine Fornaroli and Castro on the same team

There is something I don't like about Castro, I think he can be a bit selfish, or make bad decisions at times. But I wouldn't be against it, but I'm sure there would be some Segunda players who would come here, with the Spanish economy the average wage for a segunda player is about 50k or something.

7 minutes ago, fiji19 said:

Avraam Papadopoulos as Kisnorbo's replacement? Can also replace the usual of we signing Samaras, also pretty sure was released from Shanghai

I really don't know anything about him, sounds like he could be a handy pick up if he doesn't ask for too much wage. But like I said, I don't know anything about him.

53 minutes ago, moops said:

I heard three different stories, that's why I was unsure.

Reasonably sure Perth still own him. Think it was only a loan deal to Roda after Roma pulled out due to visa spot restrictions.

Edited by bt50

3 hours ago, moops said:

I heard three different stories, that's why I was unsure.

As far as I know he was sold to Roma, but Roma didn't pay for him for whatever reason so he stayed at Perth. He was then signed by Roda, it was originally reported as a loan deal, but Perth later confirmed that it was actually a full sale, so he is now on the books at Roda. 

1 hour ago, kingawesomeness said:

Bruno Fornaroli played for Nacional in 2011 along with El Canguru, Richard Porta. Porta is sort of Australian.

Therefore, confirmed. Thursday 10am.

I've heard Richard Porta is 1/50th Greek and 1/50th Maltese and will bring extra people through the gates, putting our attendance at an average of 20k next season.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wombegongal said:

I've heard Richard Porta is 1/50th Greek and 1/50th Maltese and will bring extra people through the gates, putting our attendance at an average of 20k next season.

We had a full maltese that couldn't pull 2 extra people.

2 minutes ago, Heart of Melbourne said:

I'm not totally upset by this because it was always on the cards. No suprise for the backward thinking FFA.

This part however pisses me off. Fuckin bullshit lying cunts.  

"The loan change, which FFA claimed was made in the wake of Melbourne Victory’s loan acquisitions of Tom Rogic and James Troisi the year before, was dubbed ‘The Lampard Rule’."

4 minutes ago, Heart of Melbourne said:

lol Frank Lampard Rule

lol Anthony Caceres Rule

I`m also told Kaka (as laughable as it sounds) was prevented from joining on a guest stint

I have a bit of info that CFG will attempt to spite the FFA and blow the league apart

10 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

lol Frank Lampard Rule

lol Anthony Caceres Rule

I`m also told Kaka (as laughable as it sounds) was prevented from joining on a guest stint

I have a bit of info that CFG will attempt to spite the FFA and blow the league apart

CFG will be told to walk the plank before that happens 

1 minute ago, AntiScum said:

You think with power and financial money they have wont hesitate to pull there money out and tell the FFA to walk the plank?

The real question is, while FFA on the one hand are supposedly desperate for CFG for spend on major stars, if CFG did turn around to them and give them the finger over their rule changes would they back down or would their pride make them simply open the door and usher them out?

5 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

You think with power and financial money they have wont hesitate to pull there money out and tell the FFA to walk the plank?

They could do that but i don't think the ffa is going to go out of their way to please them if they feel it's not for the greater good of the competition 

I must admit I'm not overly surprised or concerned by the Melling move if it pans out. Whilst we've loved him kicking the shit out of people while the club has been poor, I think it's just mirrored the frustration felt by us in the stands. 

This year in particular he has been very poor. Poor decision making, poor shape (running around madly) and poor passing. Having someone as an enforcer in modern football is a zero sum game. Refs don't like it and smart footballers easily play around it amd outsmart it. 

Ironically some of his better football this year was at CB where he had no licence to hare around the park in a crazy manner. Whether he had the smarts or application to kick on there we'll never know, but his height would have held him back there too.  

Edited by Defibrillator
  • Like 2

• jw1739 pinned this topic