Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

12 hours ago, belaguttman said:

There aren't a lot of available better options to choose from unless we want to use a visa spot. I  also don't think that we've seen him at his best this season, hopefully he can stay injury free next season

I'd love James Meredith but sadly I think it's to unrealistic.

27 minutes ago, Murfy1 said:

NPL side Olympia FC Warriors announced yesterday that 21 year old Jacob Collard, former Perth Glory youth captain who got a few senior caps, "has been transferred to Melbourne City FC".

http://sliceofcheese.net/index.php/olympia-fc-warriors-announce-departure-of-collard-and-gioffre/

Anyone have any idea on this guy? Maybe he is for our NPL side?

1 hour ago, Murfy1 said:

NPL side Olympia FC Warriors announced yesterday that 21 year old Jacob Collard, former Perth Glory youth captain who got a few senior caps, "has been transferred to Melbourne City FC".

http://sliceofcheese.net/index.php/olympia-fc-warriors-announce-departure-of-collard-and-gioffre/

I'm guessing that's for our NPL side, but wouldn't be surprised if it's for the seniors. He's a RB if anyones wondering

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Heart_fan said:

Wonder if Kamau is still on our radar.

Certainly has a lot to offer.

Certainly won't be off our radar after today, would a welcomed recruit.

He's lived in Adelaide since he came to Australia and just won the Premiers Plate and Championship at Adelaide. I could only imagine we'd have to offer him a very contract to get him to sign, I'm not sure how I'd feel him coming on a larger contract, he's a good young player but he's far from a star of the league.

His teammate Dylan McGowan would defiantly interest me also, has been heavily linked with Sydney FC however.

As usual be weary of the information given the source, but nonetheless here's what's being said:

Adelaide United starlet joins Melbourne City

1 May 2016

By The Secret Agent

One of Adelaide United most talented youngsters, Bruce Kamau has back out of a verbal agreement with the club and will join Melbourne City next season.

The flying right-winger is understood to have signed a multi-year contract with the Melbourne side.

The architect behind the signing is former Adelaide United boss, Michael Petrillo — now acting as Football Director of Melbourne City.

Stay tuned for an announcement soon after the A-League grand final.

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4703974-the-secret-agent-adelaide-united-star-bruce-kamau-to-switch-a-league-clubs-after-grand-final/slide/1

JVS tells duo they can leave

1 May 2016

By The Secret Agent

I can exclusively reveal Melbourne City coach John van ’t Schip has given two highly talented youngsters in Jacob Melling and Ben Garuccio permission to leave the club.

Soon after releasing five off-contract players last week, JVS wants to continue to re-shape his squad.

Melling and Garrucio are both contracted to Melbourne City, but have been granted the chance to look for opportunities elsewhere.

Both Melling and Garuccio have been approached regarding a return to their hometown of Adelaide, with the Reds interested in the youngsters.

I can reveal Ben Garuccio will replace Craig Goodwin, who will next season play in Holland.

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4703974-the-secret-agent-adelaide-united-star-bruce-kamau-to-switch-a-league-clubs-after-grand-final/slide/2

Marino to join Reds

1 May 2016

By The Secret Agent

Not long after his release from Melbourne City, we are now told Adelaide-born striker, Marc Marino will join the Reds next season.

The right winger will replace the departing Bruce Kamau who is heading the other way to join Melbourne City.

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4703974-the-secret-agent-adelaide-united-star-bruce-kamau-to-switch-a-league-clubs-after-grand-final/slide/4

8 minutes ago, Murfy1 said:

As usual be weary of the information given the source, but nonetheless here's what's being said:

Adelaide United starlet joins Melbourne City

1 May 2016

By The Secret Agent

One of Adelaide United most talented youngsters, Bruce Kamau has back out of a verbal agreement with the club and will join Melbourne City next season.

The flying right-winger is understood to have signed a multi-year contract with the Melbourne side.

The architect behind the signing is former Adelaide United boss, Michael Petrillo — now acting as Football Director of Melbourne City.

Stay tuned for an announcement soon after the A-League grand final.

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4703974-the-secret-agent-adelaide-united-star-bruce-kamau-to-switch-a-league-clubs-after-grand-final/slide/1

JVS tells duo they can leave

1 May 2016

By The Secret Agent

I can exclusively reveal Melbourne City coach John van ’t Schip has given two highly talented youngsters in Jacob Melling and Ben Garuccio permission to leave the club.

Soon after releasing five off-contract players last week, JVS wants to continue to re-shape his squad.

Melling and Garrucio are both contracted to Melbourne City, but have been granted the chance to look for opportunities elsewhere.

Both Melling and Garuccio have been approached regarding a return to their hometown of Adelaide, with the Reds interested in the youngsters.

I can reveal Ben Garuccio will replace Craig Goodwin, who will next season play in Holland.

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4703974-the-secret-agent-adelaide-united-star-bruce-kamau-to-switch-a-league-clubs-after-grand-final/slide/2

Marino to join Reds

1 May 2016

By The Secret Agent

Not long after his release from Melbourne City, we are now told Adelaide-born striker, Marc Marino will join the Reds next season.

The right winger will replace the departing Bruce Kamau who is heading the other way to join Melbourne City.

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4703974-the-secret-agent-adelaide-united-star-bruce-kamau-to-switch-a-league-clubs-after-grand-final/slide/4

2015-16 SQUAD

Number           Name                           Contract until

Goalkeepers.
20                    Dean Bouzanis            31/5/17

1                      Thomas Sorensen (V) 31/5/17

Defenders.
4                      Connor Chapman        31/5/19.

24                    Patrick Kisnorbo          31/5/16. - GONE
22                    Jack Clisby                  31/5/18.

5                      Ivan Franjic                  31/5/18. - Wants a return to Europe
3                      Aaron Hughes (V)        31/5/16.
- GONE

11                    Michael Zullo                31/5/16. - Interest from Brisbane

33                    Osama Malik                31/5/18.
2                      Alex Wilkinson           31/5/16.
- GONE

Midfielders.
19                    Ben Garuccio               31/5/17. - GONE BY THE ABOVE
8                      Aaron Mooy (M)           31/5/18. - Most likely to leave
25                    Jacob Melling               31/5/18. - European clubs/ Adelaide have a little bit of interest

18                    Paulo Retre                  31/5/18.

16                    Jason Trifiro                 31/5/16. - GONE
29                    Anthony Caceres         31/5/16  on loan from Manchester City.

Forwards.
14                    James Brown                31/5/16. - GONE
26                    Marc Marino                  31/5/16.
- GONE

28                    Steve Kuzmanovski      31/5/17. - Expected to be gone.

7                      Corey Gameiro              31/5/17.

9                      Harry Novillo (V)            31/5/17.

17                    Wade Dekker                31/5/16. - GONE

23                    Bruno Fornaroli (V)        31/5/17.
27                    Nick Fitzgerald               31/5/16. - Expected to be resigned

Thats 7 GONE 2 uncontracted 1 on loan also expect Kuzmanovski to depart

Should be interesting to see what 8 Aussies are targeted in the offseason

anyone got a list of A-Leauge free agents?

Edited by AntiScum

2 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Is Pablo Sanchez out of contract?

I believe so, cause Djite said he wanted him re-signed for next season.

So Kamau, Liam Rose, Brattan and 2 centre backs are a must

And then replace whoever leaves from Mooy, Novillo and Fornaroli 

5 minutes ago, fiji19 said:

I believe so, cause Djite said he wanted him re-signed for next season.

So Kamau, Liam Rose, Brattan and 2 centre backs are a must

And then replace whoever leaves from Mooy, Novillo and Fornaroli 

Mmmmm Bruno and Sanchez up front would be tasty.

6 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

We can't lose Jacob Melling, he's the player who now has played the most games for Melbourne City (36).

Good grief, how can you expect to win a title with a new team every season?

Oh...and the same coach.

That is an unbelievable fact, one that really annoys me too. How is our squad ever going to gel?

1 minute ago, Tesla said:

Do people still think this is a thing?

A preseason is enough time for a squad to 'gel'.

During the first half of the season, half the list gels over the exciting banter on the treatment tables in the Jonaton Germano Treatment Centre

21 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Adjusting to playing a new system ill pay; that can take a few months, but players 'gel' after a couple games.

3 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Have a look at Manchester City, Sheikh Mansour purchased the club in 2008 and spend ridiculous amounts of money completely transforming the squad, whenever a player flopped or a managers build failed they'd just go a re-sign even more players. City didn't win the league until 2012. 

The club need to fight tooth and nail to keep our best players, move on our under-preforming players and poor signings and then replace them. There's absolutely no certainties when you sign new players because for every Bruno Fornarolli there's a Robbie Koren.

Kamau would be a big pick up, but I am not sure letting Melling and Garuccio go makes sense.

Both of them have offered a fair bit for us and have potential to take further strides in their careers.

I am yet to hear any player actually publicly credit JVS for taking their game to the next level though which is damning.

14 minutes ago, Heart_fan said:

Kamau would be a big pick up, but I am not sure letting Melling and Garuccio go makes sense.

Both of them have offered a fair bit for us and have potential to take further strides in their careers.

I am yet to hear any player actually publicly credit JVS for taking their game to the next level though which is damning.

Very aware of that, but it will come when he's sacked. In the meantime it's full steam ahead for JVS out. 

This is the same Jacob Melling that signed a new two year contract in January yeah? The same Jacob Melling that we actually signed from Adelaide United after they decided they didn't want him any more? Forgive me for not believing that he's going to Adelaide. Come on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

This is the same Jacob Melling that signed a new two year contract in January yeah? The same Jacob Melling that we actually signed from Adelaide United after they decided they didn't want him any more? Forgive me for not believing that he's going to Adelaide. Come on.

pretty sure that's the case with all the players we signed from Adelaide.. looks like we've given them the experience and Adelaide will benefit from it - especially with a competent coach who can bring the best out of them 

6 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Have to say Im a bit jealous of Adelaide and there crop of young players. Shame we don't have a pool of talented young Victorian players similar standard to these guys that could play for us. 

Why?

Players get better, and then command a higher salary which you can't afford under the salary cap, and when they leave for another team you don't even get a transfer fee.

Best case scenario is they move to Europe and you at least get a transfer fee.

That's what we had during the Heart days, where did it get us?

At least back then the club needed the money so we could say it was keeping our club afloat and perhaps funding better signings, but these days we don't particularly need those transfer fees.

Very little incentive to develop youth in this league. Something the FFA should consider if they want the A-League to actually develop future socceroos.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, heart_fan10 said:

pretty sure that's the case with all the players we signed from Adelaide.. looks like we've given them the experience and Adelaide will benefit from it - especially with a competent coach who can bring the best out of them 

Marrone and Babalj joined them after failed overseas moves, we released Duganzic and he didn't start a single game for them since they got their first win (funny that), Goodwin only played 4 games for our club and was released from the club in the period after JVS left his first stint as manager and before Aloisi took over as manager so you can't even blame JVS for that one, sorry guys. Letting Mauk was a big call but let hope it's Malik up their with a winners medal for us next season!

Edited by Jozzy

16 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Why?

Players get better, and then command a higher salary which you can't afford under the salary cap, and when they leave for another team you don't even get a transfer fee.

Best case scenario is they move to Europe and you at least get a transfer fee.

That's what we had during the Heart days, where did it get us?

At least back then the club needed the money so we could say it was keeping our club afloat and perhaps funding better signings, but these days we don't particularly need those transfer fees.

Very little incentive to develop youth in this league. Something the FFA should consider if they want the A-League to actually develop future socceroos.

I guess I'm a bit idealistic. I like home grown players that progress to the first team in their state and become huge successes. In many years to come I'd hope we have players playing for us that have supported Melbourne City all their life and have that connection to the club. Now they may move on to bigger and better things, change clubs etc. But I think it makes supporters even more proud of their club and also the player takes the utmost pride representing the club. That's me personally. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jozzy said:

you can't even blame JVS for that one, sorry guys. 

Yes we can.  If JVS wasnt such an arrogant prick who walked out on us a year before his contract was up because he thought he was too good for our club, staying in Melbourne may have seemed like a good prospect for Goodwin.

13 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Yes we can.  If JVS wasnt such an arrogant prick who walked out on us a year before his contract was up because he thought he was too good for our club, staying in Melbourne may have seemed like a good prospect for Goodwin.

Right now he's got a year left on his contract before it's up and I can guarantee you not one player would leave the club because he left!

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic