Melbourne Football

Connoisseurs, Beer

Hendo

Perthheart, next time you're over here let me know and I'll take you to the Drunken Poet.

Sounds good. Plan for the 3rd derby this year fell through due to various reasons. Still hold hopes of a home final. Although atm a Glory v Heart final in Perth is looking a possibility.

Beer of the week for me has been Robinson's Old Tom Real Ale and the Robinson's Old Tom Ginger Real Ale. Hearty brews and the ginger variation is a winner in the current weather.

I'm quite the cider man myself, so I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread so far, but I tried a new 8.0% cider called Cheeky Rascals. They where $17 bucks for a 6 pack at Coles, so why not?

3.2 standard drinks in one of these bad boys. Taste exactly Strongbow but with a stronger after taste.

When I eventually managed to finish the 6 pack, was absolutely hammered and amazed as to how I got home. Will get a slab for KGB pres at the CCM game.

Anyone else had it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is a great brewery in Barkly St Brunswick called Thunder Road.

They do a more mainstream take on the micro-brewery.

Had their Full Steam Pale Lager on Saturday and I really enjoyed it.

As for cider, try Lucky Duck.

Miss Parma in Lt Bourke St has a huge selection of Victorian beers and ciders, well worth visiting. Plus the parmas are pretty good.