Melbourne Football

VCE homework help and emotional support thread

marteaux

No but I got a 45 in it when I done it so might be able to help you.

Okay seems like you know your shit then. I'm having trouble with Algorithms. My teacher is an absolute waste of space and can't even properly explain them to me. So if you could shed some light on the subject that would be great.

Okay seems like you know your shit then. I'm having trouble with Algorithms. My teacher is an absolute waste of space and can't even properly explain them to me. So if you could shed some light on the subject that would be great.

OK, what in particular?

pretty sure am studying VCE law next year - anyone here study it?

Are you going to do VET Law or VCE Legal Studies

Two different classes. I've comprehensively raped every exam/test/SAC/assignment so far for Legal 1/2 so if you wanna pay some $ I'll send you pics of all them.

P.S. don't do Legal as your only Year 10 1/2, do History or Psychology. Better 3/4's to do in Year 11 if you don't mind the workl0ad.

Are you going to do VET Law or VCE Legal Studies

Two different classes. I've comprehensively raped every exam/test/SAC/assignment so far for Legal 1/2 so if you wanna pay some $ I'll send you pics of all them.

P.S. don't do Legal as your only Year 10 1/2, do History or Psychology. Better 3/4's to do in Year 11 if you don't mind the workl0ad.

VCE Legal Studies.

fuark man. i dont think history is available anymore, and psychology bores me. what is a 1/2 or 3/4?

coordinator will most likely be a cunt and deny subject transfers. 7-10 for ya, lol.

have VCE english occupying a few spots which i am fairly happy about.

history i wanted but no more slots, science/humanities compulsary.

pretty fucking gay year as i'll probably be with a bunch of gaycunts and the teachers have announced we will be going to the senior campus which is across the road a fair bit.

not excited at all for year 10, albeit some subjects are semi-appealing.

have VCE english occupying a few spots which i am fairly happy about.

history i wanted but no more slots, science/humanities compulsary.

we can only do one subject 1 & 2 in year 10.

i also couldve dropped Science and Humanities. dropped neither, but only humanities im doing is Legal Studies.

Macri surely you are well accustomed to spending time with flogs at school?

Nico - don't do Health, it's a massive waste of time with barely any practical work.

If I could suggest the best subject to do in Year 10, do Outdoor Education with as many mates as possible. Did this in year 10 and was one of the best decisions of my schooling life.

1/2 is Units 1 and 2. basically you do unit one (unless you accelerate) semester one year 11 and unit two semester two year 11.

etc etc...

oh understood - i'd assume VCE legal studies 1/2 then...

have also copped a fair amount of shit from a certain blonde boy in year nine who is the scrawniest cunt (marteaux, you should know him), because of my budding interest in journalism and wanting to go to uni. upon asking the aforementioned male what he aspires to be, he replied with 'i am going to TAFE cuz, doin' a trade, aye.'

... lol.

Edited by macri

Nico - don't do Health, it's a massive waste of time with barely any practical work.

If I could suggest the best subject to do in Year 10, do Outdoor Education with as many mates as possible. Did this in year 10 and was one of the best decisions of my schooling life.

if you mean Physical Education: i was about to choose it but i want to do Year 12 PE when im in Year 12...

but, if i dont get Health it will be one to consider.

yep. and you will do 3/4 in Year 11 because you have accelerated it...

have also copped a fair amount of shit from a certain blonde boy in year nine who is the scrawniest cunt (marteaux, you should know him), because of my budding interest in journalism and wanting to go to uni. upon asking the aforementioned male what he aspires to be, he replied with 'i am going to TAFE cuz, doin' a trade, aye.'

... lol.

lol, you dont need him. i get hated on by a few JUST because i play/follow football....

Fake science is fake...

Done psychology 1 in uni and found it to be a pretty cool subject TBH

You VCE kunts need to do Economics so you can be indoctrinated in the current mainstream paradigm which will turn you into a center right voter, which is slightly better than if you're a center left voter.

You VCE kunts need to do Economics so you can be indoctrinated in the current mainstream paradigm which will turn you into a center right voter, which is slightly better than if you're a center left voter.

This is absolutely QUALITY posting by you, Tesla. Honestly, pissed myself laughing. Extremely well played.

tumblr_l6cioeun1F1qzyvbno1_400.gif

Just from my own experience, you don't need to do the 'Asian 5' to get top marks in VCE.

I went the business/commerce way which generally has more kick back subjects.

Business Management was the biggest bludge subject and I managed to get a 50 (100% on the exam).

With a lot of VCE subjects like Bus Man, it comes down to having common sense as well.

Good luck for the upcoming exams for whoever is doing VCE here. Try not to stress out too much, cover the work, and you'll be fine.

Just from my own experience, you don't need to do the 'Asian 5' to get top marks in VCE.

I went the business/commerce way which generally has more kick back subjects.

Business Management was the biggest bludge subject and I managed to get a 50 (100% on the exam).

With a lot of VCE subjects like Bus Man, it comes down to having common sense as well.

Good luck for the upcoming exams for whoever is doing VCE here. Try not to stress out too much, cover the work, and you'll be fine.

Agree, people avoid easy subjects because they get scaled down, but the smart kids dont do the easy subjects so your basically competing against easier competition and at the end of the day your score is not absolute, its relative to your competition. Even after scaling chances are you will have a higher score than in a subject that gets scaled up. Especially if you can be number 1 in your school on the SACs, because then its all on you for the exam. Probably the best way to get good marks if you go to a shit school and can't rely on others to get good exam marks to boost your SAC scores.

Edited by Tesla

Macri, I also held a big interest in journalism/following it up with uni - but after doing the Journalism class this year there's no chance I'd ever want to be involved in that industry. I guess I'm just a person who doesn't see the logic in high workload for low pay, with absolutely no guarantee of a career despite a minimum of 4 years of uni, a industry that is mostly devoid of any kind of ethics or respect - not to mention hanging around with the 'journalism' group of kids at school. Biggest pack of ass kissing tryhard flogs I've seen...which is saying something. Do Global Politics instead. Boss subject and if you can get past the teacher being a big fat Commie you'll enjoy it. I did and I'm going for straight A's this year and top of the class (no brag).

Tesla, I can either choose between Psych 3/4 or Economics 3/4. Despite not doing the 1/2 for either, I'm leaning towards Psycology. I'm wondering if my near total lack of maths ability will hold me back from slaying Economics next year though?

I haven't passed a maths unit since year 6 and I haven't done any maths or sciences since year 10 fwiw.

Educate me.

But atm my subjects next year looking fairly similar to this year:

Global Politics 3/4

English Lit 3/4

Business Management 3/4

Legal Studies 3/4

Psychology 3/4

Outdoor Education 3/4

My cousin did journalism at uni, then for reasons I'd assume are the same as what you've written above, she went and got her teaching degree, and now teaches VCE media, journalism and english...

Wish I had another go at VCE right now...

Didn't do too badly but I now realise that the subjects I chose didn't even relate to me.

Would have done completely different subjects, and taken a different approach to it all.

• Like 1

Tesla, I can either choose between Psych 3/4 or Economics 3/4. Despite not doing the 1/2 for either, I'm leaning towards Psycology. I'm wondering if my near total lack of maths ability will hold me back from slaying Economics next year though?

IIRC there is very little to no math done in VCE economics, any math that there is would be simple arithmetic. Its pretty much all just writing, and most of that is making up BS to justify yourself.

Having said that, its a very analytical subject, and maybe those whose brain is good at math also tend to be good at economics.

Agree, people avoid easy subjects because they get scaled down, but the smart kids dont do the easy subjects so your basically competing against easier competition and at the end of the day your score is not absolute, its relative to your competition. Even after scaling chances are you will have a higher score than in a subject that gets scaled up. Especially if you can be number 1 in your school on the SACs, because then its all on you for the exam. Probably the best way to get good marks if you go to a shit school and can't rely on others to get good exam marks to boost your SAC scores.

Exactly. Business Management at my school was typically associated as the subject all the 'wogs' do and was often perceived as a 'dummies' kind of subject. Every subject has its challenges though, but at the end of the day VCE is a ranking game. You basically need to learn how to play and subsequently win that game. I initially picked the subjects that interested me, and although some of them were scaled down or stayed the same, it shouldn't deter anyone from taking up these subjects.

At the end of the day if you pick the subjects you're interested in, chances are you'll perform better. But don't expect the marks to come like that, you have to work. I had terrible habits throughout VCE for leaving study and homework to the last minute. It worked for me, but doesn't for everyone. As I've discovered this year, Uni is far more punishing if you retain such habits.

Macri, I also held a big interest in journalism/following it up with uni - but after doing the Journalism class this year there's no chance I'd ever want to be involved in that industry. I guess I'm just a person who doesn't see the logic in high workload for low pay, with absolutely no guarantee of a career despite a minimum of 4 years of uni, a industry that is mostly devoid of any kind of ethics or respect - not to mention hanging around with the 'journalism' group of kids at school. Biggest pack of ass kissing tryhard flogs I've seen...which is saying something. Do Global Politics instead. Boss subject and if you can get past the teacher being a big fat Commie you'll enjoy it. I did and I'm going for straight A's this year and top of the class (no brag).

starting to swing towards legal studies/future as a lawyer after asking more and more questions to my teachers.

you hang around with journo kids?

starting to swing towards legal studies/future as a lawyer after asking more and more questions to my teachers.

you hang around with journo kids?

Don't let legal studies be your only indication of whether you want to do law or not. I'm a first year law student, and the stuff you cover in legal studies probably makes up 1-2 lectures of first semester law. It's good that you're already planning ahead though. It'll make your choices a lot easier when the time comes.

Don't let legal studies be your only indication of whether you want to do law or not. I'm a first year law student, and the stuff you cover in legal studies probably makes up 1-2 lectures of first semester law. It's good that you're already planning ahead though. It'll make your choices a lot easier when the time comes.

can you give me some insight?

im extremely curious about how uni classes operate, like for example; what would i study in journalism? what would i study in law?

IDK how fresh out of VCE you are tesla but last year's economics 3/4 was designed to be very Pro-Labor and Centre Left. Sorry to dissapoint you.

What would i study in law?

You re-learn how to read and then do that a lot.

Edited by Che

can you give me some insight?

im extremely curious about how uni classes operate, like for example; what would i study in journalism? what would i study in law?

I think Journalism would be quite interesting and enjoyable, but you also have to look at job prospects. I'm doing a double degree at the moment (law/finance) so I've yet to have the 'full law experience' per se...but I can give you a bit of an insight.

First year law subjects (at least at my uni) are designed to get you familiar with the basics and skills that will assist you for the rest of your law degree. For example, one of the subjects I had this semester was based on research and writing, so a lot of it was just about things like using the law database for research, developing arguments in essays, plagiarism, things like that.

I've also been doing a subject based on contracts all year. Basically in this subject you look at a number of principles in contract law, analysed through a lot of court decisions (and by a lot I mean probably around 100 cases or so). Some of them are really interesting, but I haven't enjoyed the subject as much because I've left a lot of the study close to the exam period.

Law requires a lot of reading, and the exams aren't like high school where you answer standard questions like what is this, explain that. From my experience so far, it is far more based on applying your knowledge to the given scenario.

There's quite a bit of flexibility with uni. You don't have to turn up to classes/lectures if you don't want to, although some classes do account for assessment. At my uni there is quite a bit of choice with timetables, so you can organise your classes around your preferred times. With any course, there are a number of core units that you must do in order to obtain the final degree. I think you also get the option to choose elective classes for additional credit points in some years.

If you like being independent, you will become used to uni a lot faster. The overwhelming thing when you start is that you don't have teachers guiding you through every step of the way. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm not sure I covered what you wanted, but they are just a few points.

Edited by MKD

If you like being independent, you will become used to uni a lot faster. The overwhelming thing when you start is that you don't have teachers guiding you through every step of the way. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm not sure I covered what you wanted, but they are just a few points.

yeah that's pretty much was i was in search of - uni just seems a lot more interesting than secondary, which arises curiosity, i suppose.

one of the core reasons i just want school to conclude and move on to university is due to the independence aspect of things, so that's great i guess.

entirely eager for it!!

Reading all your posts about the VCE's... the HSC is so darn different to your system .... don't you guys only have to do 8 units of study?

Sorry to detract from the discussions on hand...

Basically, you need to pass 16 units, with at least three of them being from an English subject (one of English, English Literature or English Language, and I think ESL may count towards it as well).

To get an ATAR score you need to pass both your unit 3 and 4 English units.

Basically, you need to pass 16 units, with at least three of them being from an English subject (one of English, English Literature or English Language, and I think ESL may count towards it as well).

To get an ATAR score you need to pass both your unit 3 and 4 English units.

That really is different. I'll explain the NSW System.

You need 10 units. You can also have 12. Or 14. 2 of them need to be English.

It's fair to say the HSC System is catered to complete idiots...

EDIT: Oh and our only English subject is. English (ADV or Stnd)

Edited by turnermate

That really is different. I'll explain the NSW System.

You need 10 units. You can also have 12. Or 14. 2 of them need to be English.

It's fair to say the HSC System is catered to complete idiots...

EDIT: Oh and our only English subject is. English (ADV or Stnd)

How are your units organised? Same as ours?

Units 1 & 2 = Year 11 semesters 1 & 2, etc.?

If so, 10 units is pathetic!

I didn't fail any, so I think I ended up with 22...