Melbourne Football

RD 8: Phoenix V City Sunday 3pm

Dylan

Murdocca is back so I look forward to us going nowhere and fucking around in the front third. We wont win this and wont beat Brisbane the week after as they will probably still have the new manager bounce. Oh and then we wont win the derby so thats 3 losses in a row comming up :up:

Edited by Dylan

This is an interesting game, and it could be very good timing for Melbourne City to play this match.

Wellington really haven't been very good this season. They have lost more matches than us (4). They have conceded goals in every game. And they have lost the past 2 games after conceding 2 goals in each of them.

I think a game of 'who can score the most' would suit Melbourne City (like how well we match up against Brisbane), so I think Wellington is a good opponent for us.

Also, of course the last time we played Wellington in Wellington we won 5-0.

So as far as I can see, there's no reasons to be gloomy leading into this match.

And if we win this match we are equal 5th.

Edited by Murfy1

Wellington has a much improved squad this season and a good manager in Merrick, so at home for them they'll be confident of beating us. 

2-1 to the Nux.

Nux at home will be a test. Merrick is a canny fox and he'll have seen how other teams have exploited our obvious weaknesses. We can score but we can equally concede - more so than the Nux this season. Their goal difference is 0 and ours is -3. On paper our team would edge the Nux on available talent and so we would be expected to win. What I'm expecting is Burns and McGlinchey to cause headaches.

On paper, our team looks like a counter-attacking team. We have some of the quickest players in the A-League (Williams, Duga, Ramsey and even Duff on a good day).

Why do we insist on this stupid fucking old dutch system of possession? Even the modern Netherlands squad plays counter-attack.

As long as we continue holding the ball and doing nothing with it (which is what our players are good at and used to right now) we won't see results. 

Our goals vs Roar came from counter attacking plays. Just let that sink in. 

Fuck JVS and his tan.

EZ game for Wellington, sit back and score 2+ on the counter.

• Like 1

Hi guys. Not sure if anyone is making the trip over. But if they are, the Fever would like to invite them on our annual pre-Christmas pub crawl.

All details here. https://www.facebook.com/events/762188570520322/?fref=ts

We've had some Newy and Sydney fans join us in the past. Generally it's a bloody good night out.

Cheers

Dale

Yellow Fever

Seriously how could anyone not like Wellington?
  • Like 1

Hi guys. Not sure if anyone is making the trip over. But if they are, the Fever would like to invite them on our annual pre-Christmas pub crawl.

We've had some Newy and Sydney fans join us in the past. Generally it's a bloody good night out.

Cheers

Dale

Yellow Fever

We're just like that youngest sibling who desperately wants to be like by everyone.

Forgot to mention the only catch is that whoever attends has to buy the beers if you wallop us 5-0 again.

Cheers

Dale

Yellow Fever

Would seriously be a Wellington supporter if I could choose a supporter base to be part of. 

Looks like they have plenty of fun with no bs politics or trouble. 

• Like 1

Cheers

Dale

Yellow Fever

Would seriously be a Wellington supporter if I could choose a supporter base to be part of. 

They also win more often than us and can purchase decent merchandise.

Edited by carlings

Cheers

Dale

Yellow Fever

We're just like that youngest sibling who desperately wants to be like by everyone.

Forgot to mention the only catch is that whoever attends has to buy the beers if you wallop us 5-0 again.

well i reckon my wallet would be safe !!!

pity  , d'wife and I were thinking of coming over in February but not sure where the match is , it is not in Wellington, we were thinking of catching up with friends in Auckland

Cheers

Dale

Yellow Fever

pity  , d'wife and I were thinking of coming over in February but not sure where the match is , it is not in Wellington, we were thinking of catching up with friends in Auckland

Thank would be one the games in Lower Hutt. Which is pretty much in Wellington. About 15km up the round. being played there because of the cricket world cup has taken Westpac out.

• Like 1

Cheers

Dale

Yellow Fever

They also win more often than us and can purchase decent merchandise.

Fuck it, who's moving to Wellington with me?

• Like 1

Well I do feel it is time for changes in the side and on the bench. For this reason this would be my team for the weekend:

Redmayne

Hoffman Kisnorbo Chapman/Archibald King/Petreski

Paartalu

Mooy Melling

Duff Williams Dugandzic

Subs: Velaphi Chapman/Archibald/ King/Petreski (one of these four) Mauk Garuccio Marino

Hopefully Murdocca doesn't get recalled and am afraid Miller to be also left out as he was disappointing in the 45 minutes last game.

That is 3 changes in the first eleven, which I don't believe is excessive. On the bench we should have youth who have the ability and energy to change things if required.

Edited by silva10

Cheers

Dale

Yellow Fever

Thank would be one the games in Lower Hutt. Which is pretty much in Wellington. About 15km up the round. being played there because of the cricket world cup has taken Westpac out.

Ahh is sounding better, catch the match , take a leisurely drive up to Auckland, a couple of days ? then a few days there catching up with old friends