Melbourne Football

Artificial Sweetner Appreciation Thread

Tesla

Do you not see that this whole thread is bait for people like you to come in and make posts like this so that I can then disprove you with scientific evidence?

So, if you're still man enough to play, how is it worse than normal sugar?

Do you not see that this post is a bait for people like you that enjoy making posts defending artificial sugar to which I have no problem with? 

If you Google it or look at their Facebook you'll see that the company is saying what I said in my post above. ie. They're two different products, one isn't replacing the other, sugar free is meant to be it's own thing and V zero is supposed to taste like normal V.

That's what they're saying anyway, they could actually be phasing out sugar free V but lying about it for some reason but I doubt it. I tend to believe what they're saying.

I've also come to the conclusion that I don't like any type of V and will stick to Mother sugar free and the odd full sugar redbull when I drink energydrinks like once or twice a week. 

• Like 1

If you Google it or look at their Facebook you'll see that the company is saying what I said in my post above. ie. They're two different products, one isn't replacing the other, sugar free is meant to be it's own thing and V zero is supposed to taste like normal V.

That's what they're saying anyway, they could actually be phasing out sugar free V but lying about it for some reason but I doubt it. I tend to believe what they're saying.

I've also come to the conclusion that I don't like any type of V and will stick to Mother sugar free and the odd full sugar redbull when I drink energydrinks like once or twice a week. 

Well if they're saying that then I trust that more than my convoluted conclusion lol.

Edited by Tesla

• 5 months later...
51 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Sugar free mother for $1.5 a can at Woolworths. Bought every can they had.

Big can I assume? 

They get down to 5.50 for the 4 pack (half price), so this is almost that much. Was gonna go have a look one of these days as I'm out, cheers for the heads up. 

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

Big can I assume? 

They get down to 5.50 for the 4 pack (half price), so this is almost that much. Was gonna go have a look one of these days as I'm out, cheers for the heads up. 

Yeah is $6 for the 4 pack at the moment. So stocked right up.

Missus will blow her lid when she sees like half the fridge is now being used for mother cans, should be great.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Yeah is $6 for the 4 pack at the moment. So stocked right up.

Missus will blow her lid when she sees like half the fridge is now being used for mother cans, should be great.

Why you need multiple fridges.

• 3 months later...

When I was in the UK the energy drink choice really fucking sucked, no Mother or V since they are Aus/NZ brands, and in general their supermarkets have little brands of anything instead focusing on home brands. So all there was most the time was a home brand option, some overpriced red bull (even by red bull standards), and if your lucky Monster or this other brand (forget what it is called, owned by coca cola) that's supposedly the UK version of Mother but it really isn't.

Now we all known the problem with the traditional Monster sugarfree is that it's too sweet, but one day at Manchester airport I came across this Monster sugarfree in a completely white can and on it it said something along the lines of it being a new sugar free version that is less sweet than the traditional one so I tried it, and it was easily the best energy drink I had in the UK (in terms of taste, only energy drink I've come across that is actually stimulating is Mother and maybe Red Bull if you haven't had any stimulants in a while). Never saw it again though.

Until this week when I've seen they now have it in Coles. Purchased a 4 pack and will report back, not sure if it actually is good or I just thought it was good cause fuck all options in UK. But anyway, worth trying for a change I suppose.

Edited by Tesla

• 2 weeks later...

Mother sugar free going for 1.75 a can at woolies atm.

They've also got that new Monster Sugar Free Zero Ultra or whatever so I grabbed a couple. I'll try it tonight or tomorrow. I hope it's not too good though. I don't want it to ruin Mother for me.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Bump.

Just had a sugar free gazoza from Oakleigh. 100% GOAT.

@Tesla thoughts?

Are you serious? 

This is potentially life changing, more info pls. 

I'm guessing the company that has the licence to bottle it in Australia has made a sugar free version? Or is it imported? 

Edited by Tesla

• 1 year later...
On 7/21/2018 at 10:53 PM, Tesla said:

Why you do this Coca Cola

Nobody drinks more (Traditional - Non Energy) Soft Drink than me... 

And I am balanced when it comes to these things and the best tasting drink for me in the world is normal Coke... but my over 2L a day Cola drinking habit means that I have to drink diet/sugar free stuff. (My wife hates my cola drinking FWIW)

Diet Coke is crap and the lowest of the major Colas. it is drinkable when its the only thing available - eg Coke Light in Europe). It is only still on the market because it captured a massive loyal fanbase from women in the 80's and 90's... often business women.

When Pepsi brought out Pepsi Max, it tasted a fuck load more like normal Coke than Diet Coke did so I drank that for years, so Cokthey brought out Coke Zero. During that period I went between the two as Coke Zero offered a better Coke initial taste but Pepsi Max providing a more Coke like after taste.

I think its undeniable that Coke No Sugar has come close to finding the happy medium is easily now the most "Coke" tasting No Sugar Drink so I usually drink that, with the odd Pepsi Max for a trip down memory lane.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, cadete said:

Nobody drinks more (Traditional - Non Energy) Soft Drink than me... 

And I am balanced when it comes to these things and the best tasting drink for me in the world is normal Coke... but my over 2L a day Cola drinking habit means that I have to drink diet/sugar free stuff. (My wife hates my cola drinking FWIW)

Diet Coke is crap and the lowest of the major Colas. it is drinkable when its the only thing available - eg Coke Light in Europe). It is only still on the market because it captured a massive loyal fanbase from women in the 80's and 90's... often business women.

When Pepsi brought out Pepsi Max, it tasted a fuck load more like normal Coke than Diet Coke did so I drank that for years, so Cokthey brought out Coke Zero. During that period I went between the two as Coke Zero offered a better Coke initial taste but Pepsi Max providing a more Coke like after taste.

I think its undeniable that Coke No Sugar has come close to finding the happy medium is easily now the most "Coke" tasting No Sugar Drink so I usually drink that, with the odd Pepsi Max for a trip down memory lane.

I've given up on cokes recently (I drink up to about 4 or 5 bottles of sparkling water a day at work) will miss coke zero though. Had a special place in my heart. 

On Friday I had the unenviable task of a deadline that meant I had to be in the office til about 9, ripped out the sugar free mother and it brought back some memories. One can of that shit and stuff gets done.