Melbourne Football

TV Series

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Narcos and Mr. Robot Season 2 both mid July. Mr. Robot on the 13th (USA).

AMC's Preacher - Pilot episode on the 22nd of May. Out Now, got Striders tick of approval.

The Strain - August 28th (USA)

Hell on Wheels Season 5 - June 11 (USA)

The walking dead - 2016-10-09 (USA)

Notable inclusions:-

- Outcast, June 3rd. (from Robert Kirkman - The walking dead fame) Already renewed for a second season.

- Marco polo, Season 2, July 1.

Coming out but no date set: -

- Westworld. HBO Production

- Iron Fist - for those that are fans of Netflix's Daredevil

- The Punisher - Again for those daredevil fans. "Jon Bernthal will reprise his role as Frank Castle in the series with Hannibal executive producer Steve Lightfoot set to serve as the series’ showrunner."

- The Defenders - Nextflix, Daredevil/Jessica Jones collaboration. 

- Sherlock, Season 4.

Edited by Deviant
Updated Preacher status.
  • Like 1

I didn't know what to expect from preacher. I kept reading good things about it though.

Watched the full length pilot and was 60/40. It definitely catches you in the last 6 mins or so. however, the build-up or middle of the story needed a little more polishing. The bar fight was good, and adds to his back story. But lacked a little of the AMC goodness. Kill a kid, hang a woman, do something that would make us say 'did they just show that on tv?' 

All in all, however, it was good to have something new to watch while the TV show off-season is here. I'll follow this show in the hope that it gets more gritty, grimy and downright dirty. 

Fun fact: The guy that plays Preacher is the same guy that plays Howard Stark from the Marvel Movies/Shows. He is also in the new Warcraft movie. Talented, up and coming. This could be his big break.

• Like 1

On 18 May 2016 at 9:31 AM, Deviant said:

- Iron Fist - for those that are fans of Netflix's Daredevil

- The Punisher - Again for those daredevil fans. "Jon Bernthal will reprise his role as Frank Castle in the series with Hannibal executive producer Steve Lightfoot set to serve as the series’ showrunner."

- The Defenders - Nextflix, Daredevil/Jessica Jones collaboration. 

Luke Cage too - late September.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Deviant said:

I didn't know what to expect from preacher. I kept reading good things about it though.

Watched the full length pilot and was 60/40. It definitely catches you in the last 6 mins or so. however, the build-up or middle of the story needed a little more polishing. The bar fight was good, and adds to his back story. But lacked a little of the AMC goodness. Kill a kid, hang a woman, do something that would make us say 'did they just show that on tv?' 

All in all, however, it was good to have something new to watch while the TV show off-season is here. I'll follow this show in the hope that it gets more gritty, grimy and downright dirty. 

Fun fact: The guy that plays Preacher is the same guy that plays Howard Stark from the Marvel Movies/Shows. He is also in the new Warcraft movie. Talented, up and coming. This could be his big break.

Have you read the comics? If not you're in for a mad treat. 

The middle of the pilot was exactly what I expected. Introducing Cassidy and Tulip -- they are pivitol to the story. (They didn't introduce the Saint of killers??? Soon I hope, motherfucker is bad ass). So far so good. Introduced Genesis pretty well. Also, Tulip's cast is a bit of a weird fucking choice but she grew on me.

Another comic book inspired show coming out: Outcast

Nothing better than staying true to the comics (which is more that I can say for Arrow, Flash etc) 

edit: You can download the webrip/hdrip of the Outcast pilot now. Fuck yes 

edit2: not for the faint of heart. probably the creepiest show on tv to date???

Edited by strider

On 27/05/2016 at 9:26 PM, strider said:

No sir... should I?

Yes! Lol.

I rate it highly. Game of thrones and penny dreadful are the only two shows that I put my phone away and make sure there's no distractions so I take the whole episode in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Anyone going to give Secret City a go? Starts on Sunday night on Showcase. Looks like an Australian House of Cards from the trailers.

Lol just had a look at this, Mekhi Phifer's career must have really had a bad run if he is playing a supporting role in an Australian drama.

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Deeming said:

I am loving watching the new Voltron on Netflix with the kids.
They are showing how to properly do a re-boot. I loved it as a kid and they keep much of the feel and story of the original but just freshen it up.

"I'm a leg!!"

• Like 1

On 6/17/2016 at 10:45 AM, Deeming said:

I am loving watching the new Voltron on Netflix with the kids.
They are showing how to properly do a re-boot. I loved it as a kid and they keep much of the feel and story of the original but just freshen it up.

Now the kids have finally been introduced to the dreaded 'season ending cliff-hanger'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

So how good was bojack series 3?! Watched it all in one hit the day after it came out. Certainly felt some feelings 

The 2007 flash back episode was particularly enjoyable, being as young as I am I didn't understand how fun and nostalgic that kind of shit can be. It must be how old people feel when they see shit set in the 80s.

The artsy episode where the whole thing was set underwater was cool. Was weird how the baby seahorse had a penis the whole time.

I'm only like 7 or so episodes in so not quite done.

Watched the whole series of The Night Manager on the way back from Dubai. Tom Hiddleston is the main character with Hugh Lawrie as the chief villain.

Its more of a mini series than an ongoing series but rated it really highly. Worth a look.

Edited by bt50