Melbourne Football

TV Series

Bill

Breaking Bad is amazing on soo many different levels especially from a writers perspective.

What exactly were you looking for in regards to tv series suggestions? Comedy, drama, romance, action etc?

I think 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' is brilliant although I'm yet to meet too many people who agree. Human Giant is also great if you're wanting light/wtf comedy.

Breaking Bad is amazing on soo many different levels especially from a writers perspective.

What exactly were you looking for in regards to tv series suggestions? Comedy, drama, romance, action etc?

I think 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' is brilliant although I'm yet to meet too many people who agree. Human Giant is also great if you're wanting light/wtf comedy.

Unfortunately I must agree with Steph, Breaking Bad is amazing. Its Always Sunny in Philiadelphia is like the Politicially Incorrect version of Seinfeld, i fucking love it.

Comedy:

Bobs Burgers, Gene is hilarious

Inbetweeners, finally watched the 3 series back to back and then the movie, well worth your time.

Drama:

Sons of Anarchy, what can I say, its brilliant.

Breaking Bad, obviously.

The Wire, if you havent already seen it do yourself a favour.

Pioneer One, for something a bit different, this tv show relies on donations and peer-to-peer file sharing for publicity, its free to download. Only 6 eps.

Docos:

The Wonders of the Universe - BBC, All about space, stars, gravity, cosmology/astronomy. Hosted by the keyboardist from the band D-Ream(apparently a celebrated Physicist) Really good, make sure you download the BluRay rips!

Planet of the Apeman - 2 part BBC, talks about the difference between Homo Sapiens(Heart Supporters) and Homo Erectus(Victory Supporters) and how the 2 species co-existed. Touches on Neanderthals as well.

Yes, Breaking Bad is good.

Others that are still running:

Weeds

Sons of Anarchy

Entourage

Californication

Game of Thrones

Dexter (getting too predictable now though)

etc.

And if you have never watched them, classic TV shows that are a must watch:

Sopranos

The Wire

'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia'

So many lols where had watching this.

Edited by Tesla

Unfortunately eh? Thank you ^_^

Other suggestions for the comedy side of things I have also include: Curb Your Enthusiasm, Party Down, Black Books, The Mighty Boosh, Psychoville, Brass Eye - again, depends what you're looking for.

Noel Fielding is one of the funniest people currently on this Earth.

I still watch "Spaced' its a series (2 seasons). Its an oldie but still love it.

Workaholics is pretty funny.

I like Misfits and Inbetweeners.

Was discussing my taste in TV and film today and it was decided I have crap taste, so sorry.

Love documentaries only as an "up yours' to all those developmental psychologists who say TV is not educational. I am learning shit right now bitches!

I've seen the whole season of weeds, and now onto breaking bad,, guess I love watching drug shows tbh hah

Any other shows like these that I should have a watch of?

Probably doesn't have the production values of the shows you just mentioned, but "iDeal" is a pretty good British comedy about a fat pot dealer.

I don't hate her; I just haven't like anything with her in it - her sister though is a different story she produces mad performances.

Another show as of late you could consider is Treme. Louis isn't too bad either if you're looking for an uplifting comedy. 30 Rock for the eye candy that is Tina Fey :wub: , Deadwood even... wow I watch way too much tv.

• 1 month later...

I have every episode of shameless after having a marathon of all 12 seasons or what ever I'm pretty bored of it.

but I fucking great series is "This Is England 88" waiting for This Is England to hurry and get shipped to Aus but yeah this is England fucking love it.

A lot of US shows seemed to have a long break over Christmas/New Years for some reason.

Just finished S02 of The Walking Dead. Final episode was pretty good but ending was a bit shit. Felt like it was cut short at end, there was no cliff hanger like I was expecting. Whole season kind of felt a bit slow tbh (N). Decent show though, anyone else watch it?

Definately archer!

Parks n recreation

community

better off ted

testees

as for HBO shows cant go past

oz

sopranos

game of thrones

if people like arrested development and will arnet i would recommend running wilde although it ony ran for a season

breaking bad is awesome whilst weeds was only good for first few seasons then it was watchable then the last few seasons turned to utter shite.

I would also recommend frisky dingo it was made by the makers of archer but was cancelled after s2 just as it was starting to get ok

a doco series that i highly recommend is through the wormhole

will post more as i remember them

• Like 1