Melbourne Football

TV Series

Bill

Mad Men is actually a real good show. Took a few episodes for me to properly get into it, similar to Deadwood, but really liking it now. Wish I lived in the good old days that this is set in. Also strong Atlas Shrugged references in one of the episodes, really lifts the show up a level.

Mad Men is actually a real good show. Took a few episodes for me to properly get into it, similar to Deadwood, but really liking it now. Wish I lived in the good old days that this is set in. Also strong Atlas Shrugged references in one of the episodes, really lifts the show up a level.

Seriously is Mad Men just one big advertisement paid for by Big Tobacco?

As all it does is make me want to smoke.

• Like 1

Seriously is Mad Men just one big advertisement paid for by Big Tobacco?

As all it does is make me want to smoke.

LOL. Was actually thinking this the other day, first time I can say that smoking has actually been made to look cool.

Edited by Tesla

Why does Hollywood feel so obliged to ruin every good UK tv show? The Office is the only one they didn't manage to totally ruin tbh.

I agree.

Skins, Shameless, and own Kath and Kim are all shite.

But after a while due to the greater amount of episodes and thus greater character development The Office US actually becomes better than the Office UK.

Edited by cadete

But after a while due to the greater amount of episodes and thus greater character development The Office US actually becomes better than the Office UK.

Quality not quantity

Have had this argument with far too many people. The office UK is so much better then the US version on every level. Steve Carell is not funny, gervais shits in him.

• Like 2

Quality not quantity

Have had this argument with far too many people. The office UK is so much better then the US version on every level. Steve Carell is not funny, gervais shits in him.

The US Version offers something like 10 great characters... this is something the Uk one just did not have going for it.

The only time I seem to enjoy Tosh.0 is probably when I am drunk. Comedy for idiots, and it just regurgitates stuff that I have seen on the web before. Nonetheless it does provide some roffs and Daniel himself is a pretty funny guy (he writes everything himself, contrary to popular belief).

US office > UK office

Ricky Gervais > Steve Carrell.

And on Aussie shows being destroyed by Hollywood, has anyone seen the Yank Wilfred? Turned off halfway through first episode.

Yank Kath & Kim was also hilariously bad.

EDIT: did they keep going with IT Crowd? I know they did really well with it and Jason O something got a few good roles? Genuinely loved that show.

Edited by marteaux

US office > UK office

Ricky Gervais > Steve Carrell.

Precisely.

Character development in the US version makes it better, but Gervais will always be a legend.

EDIT: did they keep going with IT Crowd? I know they did really well with it and Jason O something got a few good roles? Genuinely loved that show.

Was ordered, partly written, cancelled, re-ordered, and then went silent a year or so ago.

I'm guessing it got cancelled again?

The only time I seem to enjoy Tosh.0 is probably when I am drunk. Comedy for idiots, and it just regurgitates stuff that I have seen on the web before. Nonetheless it does provide some roffs and Daniel himself is a pretty funny guy (he writes everything himself, contrary to popular belief).

The target audience is bugeheads.

Got me my final 15% on my final semester essay. I fucking love it, almost shat myself once. True story.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else seen Underbelly?

I thought it was actually well done and interesting as there isn't as much info about this series on the net or news here in Victroria.

Because its dribble.

S1 was watchable, but for colossimo the wanker.

Everything after s1 is terrible, Designed for horny bogans.