Melbourne Football

TV Series

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one finding usenet is pretty much dying? It's been great until now using tweaknews as they were extremely slow with takedowns but now that they've been bought out it's gone to shit recently. Getting hard to download anything that's even slightly old.

True detective season 2 is picking up pace. Very entertaining so far

It's getting better but that woman with the guitar at the bar every episode is giving me the shits... I really hope it does not happen all season long.

Also been watching "Halt and Catch Fire" which I find half decent.

It's getting better but that woman with the guitar at the bar every episode is giving me the shits... I really hope it does not happen all season long.

Also been watching "Halt and Catch Fire" which I find half decent.

Yeah, she does get a little annoying. 

The bar is pivotal to the interactions between the two. Would be good if it got shot up and she died. lol

I'm really liking the the twisted character stories. The tag line "We get the world we deserve" is really fitting.

Edited by Deviant

Thoughts so far, gents? 

I can't believe I'm actually able to take Vince Vaughn seriously but it's working for me.

Fairly good. I hate how people keep saying it's not better than last season. It perhaps isn't but there's no use comparing.

The last scene from this week's episode was stunning. And yeah, I feel the same way about Vince Vaughn.

• 2 weeks later...

Loving the "Scream TV Series", even though it's on mtv it's good

3rd ep out today

Im actually loving it as well. I didn't like the idea at first but I think they have done it well. I have only watched the first two Ep but wil get around to watching the 3 and 4 this weekend.

EDIT: I did love the idea as im a huge fan of the movies and slash movie/Tv shows in general. I just was a bit worried on how they would bring it across to TV

Edited by BeardedHeart
  • Like 1

Does no one else watch Power?

1st season was good, then 2nd season I thought it was going to go to shit with 50 cent taking a somewhat important role with his dodgy acting. But fuck, as the season has gone on it's gotten really fucking good. Don't even mind 50 cent too much any more, kind of suits the character he is playing.

The show I look most forward to every week right now. 

1st season was good, then 2nd season I thought it was going to go to shit with 50 cent taking a somewhat important role with his dodgy acting. But fuck, as the season has gone on it's gotten really fucking good. Don't even mind 50 cent too much any more, kind of suits the character he is playing.

Watched the first episode due to hype from mates. Will hopefully continue it and eventually catch up.

So... What exactly happened in True Detective?

my take on the season finale was that people predominately had bad choices / confrontational behaviour come back to haunt them in a big game of russian roulette - a kind of karma if you will for people who live by the sword. Burris (the detective involved in the shootout at the end with Velcoro at the end) was the only one to survive such karma, which for me is more of a reflection that Velcoro had made enough poor choices and gone against the odds / the grain enough times that his number was bound to come up eventually.

TD S02. Really enjoyed it. 

Highly recommend it.

I didn't mind it either. Found it a bit hard to follow at times but all came together at the end even if it was a bit predictable. 

thought the season was serviceable; it had a really good finish to the season but took way too long to get into the crux of the story and seemed to pointlessly do away with great a narrative style from season 1 (for no real gain).

• Like 2

So I just finished it.

I really struggled to get into this season, with a new cast and storyline and the first few episodes were a bit slow if you ask me. Plus, as others have said, itwas a little hard to follow sometimes.

But it picked up midway through the season and got quite good. A bit predictable toward the end.

Good show for Vince Vaughn to do, really showed he is actually a legit actor.

• Like 1

Watched the first episode due to hype from mates. Will hopefully continue it and eventually catch up.

Caught up and hence finished season 2. Holy shit what a season it was.

• Like 1

Caught up and hence finished season 2. Holy shit what a season it was.

Yeah, I've got nothing to watch now except Suits which was today.

The Walking dead spin off starts this week, Fear The Walking Dead. And this Narcos show that's going to start in a week looks interesting.

Might have to bite the bullet and just start watching Ballers.

Edited by Tesla

• 2 weeks later...

Any network gonna pick it up??

Doesn't look like it.

Honestly Im actually getting over these 10 minute "D and M" conversations every couple scenes. 

They should just stick to showing the twisted mind of hannibal without fizzling into some triple meaning to Will making a turkey sandwich 3 years earlier.