Melbourne Football

New York City FC

Nate

For what it's worth, it's actually really interesting to see how upset and disheartened many New York City FC supporters/start-up members are that they're clearly becoming "Manchester City USA", and that they aren't being allowed to develop their own identity.

Very interesting indeed.

ahhh might as well embrace the sky blue and white as of next season aye folks! :up:

no

if thats the case, wheres my protest and boycotting, if this was the NT and RBB....they'd be moving heaven and earth for our demands to be heard, but everyone here is too damn lazy to do anything about it and looks like we havent got the numbers anymore considering the hardcore red and white supporters are now being swayed over by the sky blue and white contingent.

we have till march until our court case with sydney fc apparently over the colour issue, you want change, that is your best bet.....in the meantime if youre unhappy, lead a boycott, i'll gladly follow considering the fact that no one has the balls to. If NT could boycott and get their demands heard, whats stopping you lot from doing anything. Ohh the half assed effort last season with the banner wasnt enough. we should of continued instead of stopping but aye what can i say because of David Villa and our Manchester owners, no one seems to want to do a damn thing!

either do something or sit down and not do a thing!

Edited by elieanid

ahhh might as well embrace the sky blue and white as of next season aye folks! :up:

no

if thats the case, wheres my protest and boycotting, if this was the NT and RBB....they'd be moving heaven and earth for our demands to be heard, but everyone here is too damn lazy to do anything about it and looks like we havent got the numbers anymore considering the hardcore red and white supporters are now being swayed over by the sky blue and white contingent.

we have till march until our court case with sydney fc apparently over the colour issue, you want change, that is your best bet.....in the meantime if youre unhappy, lead a boycott, i'll gladly follow considering the fact that no one has the balls to. If NT could boycott and get their demands heard, whats stopping you lot from doing anything. Ohh the half assed effort last season with the banner wasnt enough. we should of continued instead of stopping but aye what can i say because of David Villa and our Manchester owners, no one seems to want to do a damn thing!

either do something or sit down and not do a thing! I wrote a spiel somewhere with some guidelines on how I reckon you could go about it, but ultimately Eli you'd need to forget about the football and just work on getting CFG out. I'm not prepared to dedicate the next few years to that- really I'm like most here, I just want to follow an Aussie team that's not the tards and watch some good football.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great name though. Charlston Battery 

Very American name to me. Give me "Town" or "City" or "United" or "Rovers" any day.

Good game so far. NYCFC putting it about much better than the last two games.

Rovers seems kind of American to me.  Though I can't imagine anyone actually using it. 

I find it repetitive how everyone is United, City, Town, ect. in English soccer.   I like oddball names like "Sounders" or "Dodgers" or any name that really reflects the local identity: Timbers, Steelers, Galaxy, Cosmos, Yankees or Giants.

I don't really like when teams use random animals like Carolina Panthers.  What the hell does a Panther have to do with Carolina?  Nothing so its unimaginative and boring.

Great name though. Charlston Battery 

Very American name to me. Give me "Town" or "City" or "United" or "Rovers" any day.

Good game so far. NYCFC putting it about much better than the last two games.

IMO it's a great name, and there is a rationale behind it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Battery_%28Charleston%29

Ron Waxman @RonWaxman Follow

My sources in Spain are telling me that Xavi Hernandez will join David Villa & Frank Lampard at #NYCFC this summer. #MLS

Brian Lewis         @NYPost_Lewis

Told that while #NYCFC are still very much interested in Xavi, nothing is set in stone & he's not the only DP target. There are others #mls

Edited by NYCFCFan10

• 2 weeks later...