Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

TTIM: That one of the mods accidentally deleted the TTIM thread.

TTIM: That threads are recoverable for 5 days, and 6 had past when I found out (increase the recoverable time to 30 days now).

TTIM : that I have a backup with the thread just before its deleted but it isn't really possible just to restore one thread from a backup.

TTIM: That threads are recoverable for 5 days, and 6 had past when I found out (increase the recoverable time to 30 days now).

TTIM : that I have a backup with the thread just before its deleted but it isn't really possible just to restore one thread from a backup.

C'mon name names, who was it?

• Like 2

This place is getting worse and worse...

Edited by cadete

C'mon name names, who was it?

Don't see the point.

TBH I still think I can recover it, jut have to go through the files, find where the queries run when a thread I deleted are, and reverse engineer them to get the thread, posts and related data back, but

TTIM : Having no internet yesterday and today.

Hardly groundbreaking stuff but TTIM: Eshay Junkies.

The city seems to have more of them these days and every time I am walking around in a Tie and Shirt as opposed to my weekend gear a lot them seem drawn to the idea of getting in my way and being a nuisance to me.

I have never heard the term eshay before, but did a quick google search (i thought they were just referred to as lads). Having previously lived on the Upfield line (meaning we went through flemington bridge station) for 7 or so years I was very used to seeing these types and they always fascinated me. The fact they dress alike seems to suggest that they feel they are in some way stylish- but not only that, the style has not really changed at all since the mid 90s. Other than the hats being perched on the top of the head (rather than pulled down over their eyes) its pretty much the same get up as the guys who would sell weed and tag bus stops in 1994. Its almost like a standard issue uniform for derros.

Do the gabber lad!

Something else that I find fascinating- trying to figure out how the rave scene evolved into that 

I remember when I first started going to Electronic Music Events in Perth circa 2001/2002 one of things I really liked about them was that the majority of the crowd was passive University Students/Professionals on pills and there was no hostility whatsoever in the crowd. This was a major drawing card for these things when compared to the Bogan and Coke crowds at Rock Festivals at the time.

I think it was probably around 2005/2006 that I started to notice a new aggressive crowd like that above of PPL who were taking a different type of drug (Ice etc) with a different kind of attitude to both the blokes and girls around them... I went to one event in 2007 it called it stumps after that.

Edit: TTIM Aggressive Kents at Electronic Music Events circa 2006.

Edited by cadete

TTIM; transit guards. Legitimately had an issue with myki card asked them what was wrong so they try to fine me for travelling without a valid ticket despite me going to them and asking what had gone wrong. Like fuck I'm paying that. Lose some weight and catch up with me if you're going to try give me a fine for no apparent reason you fat fucks.

The increase in ice use at least in Perth was the sole reason for electronic festivals/ most things going to shit. I'd take ecstasy and coke users over drunks or ice users any day.

• Like 2

I think the biggest factor in Perths dance scene was when it went from single room parties with 1 international DJ where you'd only go because of the music, to Delirium then putting on multi-room parties in the middle of Northbridge or Belmont Racecourse where it became the biggest thing since the Australia Day fireworks and half the crowd wouldnt know who was playing.

Same thing happened with the doof scene. The hippies putting them (Namaska) kept their parties small and you had to be in the know but they got scared off from the police/council threatening to confiscate all their gear and then some 18 year old guys decided to start putting on parties which attracted all their dickhead mates and others from all the stupid advertising they were doing. 

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 1

Strong thread return. Clearly everyone has been bottling their TTIMs up while the thread was gone.

More a case of if you put PPL that have lived in Perf before together... they will usually end up talking about Perf even if its on a Soccer Forum for a unsuccesful Melbourne based Soccer Club. 

Edited by cadete

TTIM: Getting the Sandown Dogs song stuck in my head all day. Painful.

You going to the Cup next week?

I rarely venture to that side of town so no dice, if it was at The Meadows though I'd be in.

Tonight will be good though, 8 heats full of good dogs, can't wait. Race 8 looks really good with Hume Cup winner My Bro Fabio up against Dyna Villa (up and comer, 6 from 6 at Sandown). Pound for pound the best night of dogs for the year.

Won dosh off Kiss Me Ketut which is racing in the first tonight so might have another crack.

I rarely venture to that side of town so no dice, if it was at The Meadows though I'd be in.

Tonight will be good though, 8 heats full of good dogs, can't wait. Race 8 looks really good with Hume Cup winner My Bro Fabio up against Dyna Villa (up and comer, 6 from 6 at Sandown). Pound for pound the best night of dogs for the year.

Won dosh off Kiss Me Ketut which is racing in the first tonight so might have another crack.

If it was at the Meadows I would be def be going as well... if only they still had Olympic Park in operation I would go there as well because the drive is Sandown is a real drainer.

I have a share in a puppy that its being broken in now - If she gets to the track I will let you know when she has her first race... she is a pretty well breed puppy on both sides so hopefully she gets there.

If it was at the Meadows I would be def be going as well... if only they still had Olympic Park in operation I would go there as well because the drive is Sandown is a real drainer.

I have a share in a puppy that its being broken in now - If she gets to the track I will let you know when she has her first race... she is a pretty well breed puppy on both sides so hopefully she gets there. Definately keep me posted, hopefully you can get into the Midweek Meadows as they're not that strong and I'll be able to pop down and see it in the flesh.

Edited by MaliMate

We really have no idea at this stage as she just started learning the way of the leash... 

She does seem to be pretty quick when she would run around the yard with her siblings before they took her to kennel and her Dam has thrown up a fair few City winning Dogs and Bitches so hopes are high... but anything could happen from here but if she ever won in the city I would consider the whole thing a success to get the photo on my study wall.

Her Grandfather was Brett Lee (Like a lot of dogs running atm) FWIW.

Edited by cadete

Something else that I find fascinating- trying to figure out how the rave scene evolved into that

taking a different type of drug (Ice etc)

I think this is pretty much the answer TTIM: Cunts that blame everything on the shard.

Yes its a drug and a pretty bad one at that, but you simply cannot blame every thing on it.

I get on it a bit and not once have I felt like bashing a granny for her handbag, stabbing innocent passers by, robbing a servo.

I guess the real TTIM is : people with uneducated opinions on shit I dare say they really know nothing about.

• Like 1

taking a different type of drug (Ice etc)I think this is pretty much the answerTTIM: Cunts that blame everything on the shard.

Yes its a drug and a pretty bad one at that, but you simply cannot blame every thing on it.

I get on it a bit and not once have I felt like bashing a granny for her handbag, stabbing innocent passers by, robbing a servo.

I guess the real TTIM is : people with uneducated opinions on shit I dare say they really know nothing about.I appreciate going on a pcp bender and getting into a grand theft auto style cop chases just as much as the next bloke.

I don't blame everything on shards, but it has drastically changed the rave scene. When you are eating your lip, rolling your head around like you have no spine, telling everyone you should start a band together while your eyes are facing the back of your skull and you start chatting to someone wearing a bum bag, jogging shorts and a pair of air max who has been hitting the pipe, it tends not to have the same community connection vibe it had back it the piano house days.

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 5

taking a different type of drug (Ice etc)

I think this is pretty much the answerTTIM: Cunts that blame everything on the shard.

I guess the real TTIM is : people with uneducated opinions on shit I dare say they really know nothing about.

Smh