Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

3 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

I think it's time to reveal something.

The whole thing was a pisstake. Yes, I am 15, and yes, I do have a crush on a girl, but no, this Colombian girl never existed. My mum would murder me if I had a girlfriend ffs.

I just did so that you guys knew who I was.

No shit it's a pisstake but it was still good fun. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Everything is, except Rick's search for the McDonald' Szechuan sauce

I reject nihilism. Yes life is devoid of an objective point, or at least we are a creature so intelligent that we simplified the acheivement of the point (living long enough to reproduce) to not be something that needs to take up our entire existence. But that's the beauty, that we then have the opportunity to create our own point of life. To find our own source of happiness. And that's exactly why I'm a libertarian, because it's for each individual to have the freedom to pursuit this in their own way. Yes there is an established meta, get a good job, get married, buy a house,  have kids, and I'm sure there is a good reason that meta exists and it's probably a good option. But we also live in a time that the established meta is being challenge and altered greatly and perhaps more so than any other point in time. You can be gay, you can be straight and not have kids or even get married, you can be a nomad and work from random locations in the world, you can make a living playing video games or taking photos of yourself or selling chocolate coated cockroaches. Maybe this is the problem and why more people seem to be confused and disillusioned than ever, with the established meta in turmoil there are too many options. Too many decisions and paths to consider. Maybe maybe not. Fucked if I know. But fuck nihilism that's for sure. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Everything is, except Rick's search for the McDonald' Szechuan sauce

I’ll go out and find some more of that Mulan Szechuan Teriyaki dipping sauce Morty. Because that’s what this is all about Morty That’s my one arm man I’m not driven by avenging my dead family Morty That was fake! I’m by finding that McNugget Sauce I want that Mulan McNugget Sauce Morty.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cadete said:

Pretty 90s thing to do... pegging eggs from the back window of Maroon VN Commodore.

TTDIM : when some cunts egged my house and my dad chased them in his car as they ran away and then made them clean it all up after catching them. 

• Like 2

TTIM very much indeed. My wife, 42 years an Australian citizen, hassled by Immigration at Melbourne Airport 11.00 p.m. last night. Unacceptable and hurtful. Luckily we were together and I kept my cool, otherwise I might not be posting today.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM very much indeed. My wife, 42 years an Australian citizen, hassled by Immigration at Melbourne Airport 11.00 p.m. last night. Unacceptable and hurtful. Luckily we were together and I kept my cool, otherwise I might not be posting today.

Firstly, I hope you enjoyed the time overseas.

Secondly, does she look like a pesky foreigner? If she doesn't it's probably so they don't get accused of "racial profiling"

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Firstly, I hope you enjoyed the time overseas.

Secondly, does she look like a pesky foreigner? If she doesn't it's probably so they don't get accused of "racial profiling"

Australian passport, but what I've highlighted is what I suspect is just exactly what they were doing.

A great break in Hong Kong soured by the worst airport in the world. We were on the only flight at that time, but two hours to clear immigration and customs.

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Australian passport, but what I've highlighted is what I suspect is just exactly what they were doing.

A great break in Hong Kong soured by the worst airport in the world. We were on the only flight at that time, but two hours to clear immigration and customs.

Reminds me of Customs in London a couple years back, believe me I am not pro brexit but I got fucken annoyed.

I had two cops question me on what I did who I was... As the whole of all of their my hatred rivals from past wars walk on by.

It was very obvious that they were just trying to work out if I was a Aussie Surfer, but we deserve Group One Customs Service for our efforts for the Empire.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cadete said:

Reminds me of Customs in London a couple years back, believe me I am not pro brexit but I got fucken annoyed.

I had two cops question me on what I did who I was... As the whole of all of their my hatred rivals from past wars walk on by.

It was very obvious that they were just trying to work out if I was a Aussie Surfer, but we deserve Group One Customs Service for our efforts for the Empire.

I found everywhere in EU treated an Australian passport like a fucking Syrian passport. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cadete said:

You are not alone. I was born there but of course now travel on my only passport - Australian. Believe me, on one of the rare times that I've returned (for work purposes) I was hassled. By, of all people, a Sikh copper.

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Meh, as annoying as it can be at the time, I'm just glad border and airport security are doing their jobs properly.

They're not doing their jobs properly when they're wasting their time worrying about my wife just because she's five years' older than her passport photograph. 

• Like 1

TTIM: Victoria's public transport infrastructure. It seems that every time it rains train services get interrupted. Why not just get out there and fix some of these problems once and for all? Other countries can drill tunnels through mountains but we can't get a bit of water off a railway track at Prahran? FMD.

Edited by jw1739

7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM: Victoria's public transport infrastructure. It seems that every time it rains train services get interrupted. Why not just get out there and fix some of these problems once and for all? Other countries can drill tunnels through mountains but we can't get a bit of water off a railway track at Prahran? FMD.

Similar to that, TTIM: The state government plan to upgrade Flinders Street Station. Why upgrade a station that resides on a Public Transport system that isn't even weatherproofed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

How many hoops need to be jumped through before such a change can be made? 

Just makes you realise how much needs to be spent getting the current system to an adequate level (like what's happening with level crossing removals) and therefore how far away any expansion of the metro network is apart from electrifying the Melton line (which should be part of the metro tunnel project tbh)  and maybe an airport line. Dunno why people buy land/houses in new estates that will never get a train line. 

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, haz said:

TTIM: Arriving at the German registration office 30 minutes before opening and there already being a 20+ person line.

TTIM: Being the shortest male in Germany

Try getting a visa in Serbia.  People sleep on the footpath. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM: Oh, God, the prospect of several weeks of drivel, dribble and drool over Sydney FC playing Liverpool...

But we get another "YWNA Moment"?

As in 100,000 singing a song of a Scoreboard with Scarves in the air prior to ninety minutes of pretty much absolute Silence.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, bt50 said:

There isnt a more cringeworthy club in the world than Liverpool.

It's probably not even their fault, just the millions of fan boys.

Easily my most hated club. Mostly cause of the Aussie based fans that reckon they have some spiritual connection to merseyside despite being born in Surrey Hills to Greek parents. Brings me so much joy to know they've never won the league in my life time

• Like 2