Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

TTIM: Christmas

Yes.

I hate the department stores setting up their decorations and playing carols before the end of October.

I hate the whole retail frenzy part of it, where the "success" or otherwise of Christmas is measured by the number of billions in retail sales.

I hate the people who try to out-do their neighbours with the biggest and brightest display of lights

Most of all I hate the way "Christmas" has been moved forward so that it is the period before 25th December plus Christmas Day, instead of the traditional 12 days of Christmas starting on Christmas Day.

Basically, I'm a 21st century Scrooge.

Bah, humbug.

• Like 1

"Stand by for more fat rich pricks in another brewery sponsored ocean class-iiiiiic!"

Its actually even annoying for me because on of the best places to watch the start is right next to my parents house...

So we get to enjoy every year hundreds of Westies clogging up the very small tight suburban roads outside our house making it impossible for us to go anywhere - Just so they can watch some boats very slowly roll out of the Harbour.

TTIM: Whenever there's an disaster somewhere Australian news outlets focussing on how many Australians (if any) are involved. Couldn't we actually show equal respect to all the people and nations involved for once?

Australian news services are exactly that - a news service aimed at Australians. No different to a local rag reporting on local events, or Melbourne news giving priority over a Melbourne event over something that happened in Perth. 

There are various world news outlets you can choose to watch instead if thats your thing. 

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 1

TTIM: Whenever there's an disaster somewhere Australian news outlets focussing on how many Australians (if any) are involved. Couldn't we actually show equal respect to all the people and nations involved for once?

Australian news services are exactly that - a news service aimed at Australians. No different to a local rag reporting on local events, or Melbourne news giving priority over a Melbourne event over something that happened in Perth. 

There are various world news outlets you can choose to watch instead if thats your thing. 

BBC World News is one of the best for neutral reporting.

BBC World News is one of the best for neutral reporting. Lol, owned by the British government, but is neutral? Seems legit.

Al Jazeera is pretty good TBH, a nice change from all the western media without being some crazy anti-western shit like RT.

RT has great entertainment value though. All that anti-us, pro-russia, conspiracy theories, etc. Hilarious.

Edited by Tesla

There are various world news outlets you can choose to watch instead if thats your thing. BBC World News is one of the best for neutral reporting. Lol, owned by the British government, but is neutral? Seems legit.

Al Jazeera is pretty good TBH, a nice change from all the western media without being some crazy anti-western shit like RT.

RT has great entertainment value though. All that anti-us, pro-russia, conspiracy theories, etc. Hilarious.

Well everything's got to be owned by something, unless the Illuminati Times exists somewhere. Their reports are unbiased and cover a wide range of perspectives is all, plus it's quite reliable. (inb4 accused of working for BBC)

Agreed on Al Jazeera though.

There are various world news outlets you can choose to watch instead if thats your thing.BBC World News is one of the best for neutral reporting.Lol, owned by the British government, but is neutral? Seems legit.

Well everything's got to be owned by something, unless the Illuminati Times exists somewhere. Their reports are unbiased and cover a wide range of perspectives is all, plus it's quite reliable. (inb4 accused of working for BBC)

Agreed on Al Jazeera though. Yeah I'm just joking about the BBC. You're right though, everything is owned by someone so it's hard for anything to really be neutral. I think Al Jazeera is pretty much owned by the Qatar government so they're not very neutral either I guess, just good to see another perspective.

Edited by Tesla

Cunts breaking into my empty rental property and causing hundreds of dollars damage to take $40 worth of fixings (plus two plastic powerpoint covers)

Crackheads like that give crackheads like me a bad name

Why are crackheads resorting to crime? Do they think they're in the US? In Australia you can just be a tradie, and make more than enough to enjoy your crack without resorting to robbing people.

The system works.

Cunts breaking into my empty rental property and causing hundreds of dollars damage to take $40 worth of fixings (plus two plastic powerpoint covers)

Crackheads like that give crackheads like me a bad name Why are crackheads resorting to crime? Do they think they're in the US? In Australia you can just be a tradie, and make more than enough to enjoy your crack without resorting to robbing people.

The system works. Wow. That is me 100%.

Like that scares me a bit there old mate tesla.

Ninja emoticon x1000