Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

TTIM: Fat women "comedians"

BT50 and I were discussing this the other day.

Also gay comedians whos only joke is about how they are gay.

During the comedy festival I went to Tom Ballard's gig coz he's preview was funny on the gala night - the whole night was a movement on how he is gay and got abused on the streets and wouldn't get picked up by cabs coz they knew who he was and coz he was gay and what not.

Now I get that he is using his position of power to alert people to these daily lives of gay men and women and good on him for that, but I think he forgot that he is a comedian - there was no comedy involved.  :droy:  TTIM

Tom Ballard is a comedian?!

He left triple j to persue his career in stand up. Apparently Matt and Alex are too, who knew?

I saw Sam Simmons a couple of years ago thats 2 hours I'm never getting back. If you're dissing Sam Simmons like I think you are, then you don't know good comedy

He left triple j to persue his career in stand up. Apparently Matt and Alex are too, who knew?

I saw Sam Simmons a couple of years ago thats 2 hours I'm never getting back.If you're dissing Sam Simmons like I think you are, then you don't know good comedy

Actually don't mind him but a whole show of shitty trivia wasn't for me

TTIM: white man

where-white-men-went-wrong.jpg

Good point: That is what I always think about when PPL (Generally racists from WA) go on about how supposedly how "unadvanced" the Aboriginals were prior to European Settlement... Sex, Hunting, and Eating why did they need anything else. 

• Like 1

Good point: That is what I always think about when PPL (Generally racists from WA) go on about how supposedly how "unadvanced" the Aboriginals were prior to European Settlement... Sex, Hunting, and Eating why did they need anything else. Could have done with a few modern weapons to fight off the 'invaders'... Edited by AyeCee

Good point: That is what I always think about when PPL (Generally racists from WA) go on about how supposedly how "unadvanced" the Aboriginals were prior to European Settlement... Sex, Hunting, and Eating why did they need anything else. Could have done with a few modern weapons to fight off the 'invaders'...

They lived 1000's of years with the only warfare being against other tribes with the same weapons... how were they meant to predict a need for modern weapons and the advent of Colonialism.

Edited by cadete

I understand what you're saying, but I'm viewing this from a more simplistic point.

Whilst the cause of death may vary, the failure to survive will always rest on the one who died.

It was unfortunate that they were hidden away in such an isolated area of the world for so long, and whether or not the first settlers should have treated them the way they did is a completely separate issue. However, their way of life would have been changed at some point in time, and sadly in this instance they failed to keep themselves safe.

I believe this is what was really meant when the saying 'life isn't fair' was first said.

I understand what you're saying, but I'm viewing this from a more simplistic point.

Whilst the cause of death may vary, the failure to survive will always rest on the one who died.

It was unfortunate that they were hidden away in such an isolated area of the world for so long, and whether or not the first settlers should have treated them the way they did is a completely separate issue. However, their way of life would have been changed at some point in time, and sadly in this instance they failed to keep themselves safe.

I believe this is what was really meant when the saying 'life isn't fair' was first said.

Well as much as my Irish Blood hates me saying this but the British in more cases than not (I have to stress this) were better at Colonisation than most of their European Counterparts at the time...

But they really dropped the ball in Australia and in a few other places as well FWIW. 

Well as much as my Irish Blood hates me saying this but the British in more cases than not (I have to stress this) were better at Colonisation than most of their European Counterparts at the time...

But they really dropped the ball in Australia and in a few other places as well FWIW.

Completely agree that things should have been done better, especially in regard to the legal status of the colonisation (conquered vs settled).

However all I originally intended to do was point out the flaw in the picture.

Good point: That is what I always think about when PPL (Generally racists from WA) go on about how supposedly how "unadvanced" the Aboriginals were prior to European Settlement... Sex, Hunting, and Eating why did they need anything else.

Didn't have an iPhone 6 though. Inferior.

• Like 1

So essentially, social-Darwinism. :droy:

Wouldn't know, not consciously subscribing to any existing theories here, I'm just bored in a lecture and having a think.

What's the alternative?

Didn't have an iPhone 6 though. Inferior. Probably got more pussy than you ever will though.

Good point: That is what I always think about when PPL (Generally racists from WA) go on about how supposedly how "unadvanced" the Aboriginals were prior to European Settlement... Sex, Hunting, and Eating why did they need anything else. Didn't have an iPhone 6 though. Inferior. Probably got more pussy than you ever will though.

You know who can help you get a lot of pussy?

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8991807

• Like 1

I reckon Tesla got a ticket.

Not today, but this was at the same place as I got one a few days ago (and that was my first ever parking ticket) so could certainly have been the same bloke.

I reckon Id enjoy being a parking inspector.

I reckon Tesla would. A professional troller.

I'm thinking dream job!

If we're talking about a salary-neutral world, then yeah it wouldn't be too bad.

Get to enjoy the outdoors and troll a few people, what's their not to like?

Still wouldn't be top of the list though.

• Like 1

I too got a bit angry with Channel 7 with these cross promotions, but then i was already wary of this situation as many have stated before watch what happens when these commercial channels get television the rights to A league games.. Then there it was, cross promotions loads of ad's before and on screen ad's while the game was in progress these were almost subliminal type of ad's where the picture size is reduced and a visual ad is shown under the picture being broadcast, god only knows what will happen when they do finally get to broadcast football games live.

• 2 weeks later...

Afl players who think it's their God given right not to be subbed or to start as a sub. HTFU.

I hate the AFL's sub rule anyway but I agree, it's a team sport and if the coach believes the best way to win is by starting you as the sub or substituting you off, then shut up, take it and play your role for the team.

Afl players who think it's their God given right not to be subbed or to start as a sub. HTFU.

I hate the AFL's sub rule anyway but I agree, it's a team sport and if the coach believes the best way to win is by starting you as the sub or substituting you off, then shut up, take it and play your role for the team.

Personally I dont mind the Sub Rule...

Adds an extra tactical element to the game and was used brilliantly by Geelong in our 2011 Season from Round One against St Kilda (Dasher Milburn) all the way through to the GF (Mitch Duncan).

In fact I think the games needs further slowing down... I used to love the days of resting ruckman and rovers in the forward line.

Personally I dont mind the Sub Rule...

Adds an extra tactical element to the game and was used brilliantly by Geelong in our 2011 Season from Round One against St Kilda (Dasher Milburn) all the way through to the GF (Mitch Duncan).

In fact I think the games needs further slowing down... I used to love the days of resting ruckman and rovers in the forward line.

Cap the interchange then. I feel like it is an obvious solution.

I hate the AFL's sub rule anyway but I agree, it's a team sport and if the coach believes the best way to win is by starting you as the sub or substituting you off, then shut up, take it and play your role for the team. Personally I dont mind the Sub Rule...

Cap the interchange then. I feel like it is an obvious solution.

Totally agree. Interchange needs to be capped. I reackon and without giving ut much thought (as usual) that every player can only go off once per quarter. If they are injured or need to go off a second time then they can't return. I think this would make it around 20 rotations per quarter. I think it should be easy to enforce and maybe slow the game down to open it up like in the 90s. But then again.......

TBH if things keep going the way they are I would not be against a number of players not being able to push down field.

Commentators are always rubbishing such an idea but a few other things that were once rubbished were:

The "Out on The Full" Rule

Fifty Metre Penalties

Deliberate 

The existence of an Interchange Bench - As opposed to One Sub.

All these rule changes that have vastly improved the game... IMO the "I am traditionalist when it comes to rule changes" argument is usually a load of crap dumb commentators (Usually Ex Players) roll out due to not understanding the game needs to evolve.

Edited by cadete