Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

Since when has Kevin Bloody Wilson been a barometre of morality? And this is the same guy who wrote and performs the song "Amazing Grass"!

What and absolutely unfunny hypocrite.

Came here to say this but you did a better job than I could have. It's fine though he's made his outrageous statement now for him to fade back into obscurity.

• Like 1

TTIM: Foxtel's customer service team. Plebs. Treat me like an idiot when I know exactly what is wrong and exactly what they need to do but they insist on following whatever stupid flow chart they have in front them. Had to hang up on two 10-minute conversations with idiots before I got a bloke who actually listened to me and had the issue sorted in two minutes.

• Like 2

He must have show coming up at the Rooty Hill RSL, so he needs to promote himself a bit. No such thing as bad publicity.

You would think he would just base himself in Perf these days... all the tracks there are much better suited to his running style.

Hard and Dumb.

Edited by cadete

TTIM: Australian media coverage of tennis. Kyrgios wins his first game since the Australian Open (struggled against an average opponent), gets shown on every sports report. Of course no mention last week of how he lost to a player ranked #192.

Meanwhile Tomic playing most consistent tennis of his career. In the top 30, should be top 20 by the end of the year. Don't hear anything about him.

• Like 1

I know what your saying there but in fact this is a good thing for him. The guys been in the spotlight since he was 14 years old, he needs this time where every move he makes isn't broadcasted and he can carry on making moves on getting better and better. The popularity of Kyrgios is probably one of the best things to happen to Tomic.

TTIM: Australian media coverage of tennis. Kyrgios wins his first game since the Australian Open (struggled against an average opponent), gets shown on every sports report. Of course no mention last week of how he lost to a player ranked #192.

Meanwhile Tomic playing most consistent tennis of his career. In the top 30, should be top 20 by the end of the year. Don't hear anything about him.

Good bloke Tomic.

Down to earth and a genuine nice guy.

Owes his recent success to breaking off from his dad. Really hitting his targets now.

Had the pleasure of working with him ages ago back on Salam Café.  I always thought him both a great guy and remarkably clever.  Lost much respect for him being on the project.  Would like to give him the benefit of the doubt in that he's appearing on the show to help promote the idea that muslims are a normal part of Australian society - doubt it though.

• Like 1

These protestor dickheads constantly blocking up traffic. 80% of them would have no idea what they are protesting and are just there cause they saw the event advertised on facey.

Or maybe because they are aboriginal and truly believe they have been wronged by this and previous governments.

These protestor dickheads constantly blocking up traffic. 80% of them would have no idea what they are protesting and are just there cause they saw the event advertised on facey.

Or maybe because they are aboriginal and truly believe they have been wronged by this and previous governments.

I am pretty confident my brother and his hipster mates aren't Aboriginals.....

If all these protesters care so much surely each one of them can stump up $100 each to continue funding these communities.

• Like 5

I am pretty confident my brother and his hipster mates aren't Aboriginals.....

If all these protesters care so much surely each one of them can stump up $100 each to continue funding these communities. Pretty confident? Hmmm, doesn't sound too convincing there old mate.

Has he changed his facey profile picture to that STOP closure of aboriginal communities?

If he has, than he's definitely an aboriginal.

• Like 3

TTIM: cunts that wear their footy colors out and about hours after a game to a spot / location that has no connection to the game they went to earlier in the day.

Was in Melbourne / Lygon st last Saturday and the more I think about the more it pisses me off that cunts wore their fucking essendon / collingwood tops out to dinner. That's right, DINNER - hours after the fucking game

I don't see how hard it to take a bag with you / change after the game. if that was a proper football game / crowd, you'd expect to cop shit / smart arse comments every few minutes. Yet those cunts would create a mass media beat up about how bad 'society' has become since they can't eat in peace

From my experience, a number of joints actually refused service to people in a proper football top cause you're in 'club' colors (as if you're some dirty bikie or something).

the cunts just need to fuck off or get changed. Of course you run your mouth (no less than deserved) and you're the arsehole.

Edited by mattyh001

They live in Melbourne so are protesting about the WA state government ?

I think we will see this under "retarded" in the dictionary in the future

TTIM: cunts that wear their footy colors out and about hours after a game to a spot / location that has no connection to the game they went to earlier in the day.

Was in Melbourne / Lygon st last Saturday and the more I think about the more it pisses me off that cunts wore their fucking essendon / collingwood tops out to dinner. That's right, DINNER - hours after the fucking game

I don't see how hard it to take a bag with you / change after the game. if that was a proper football game / crowd, you'd expect to cop shit / smart arse comments every few minutes. Yet those cunts would create a mass media beat up about how bad 'society' has become since they can't eat in peace

From my experience, a number of joints actually refused service to people in a proper football top cause you're in 'club' colors (as if you're some dirty bikie or something).

the cunts just need to fuck off or get changed. Of course you run your mouth (no less than deserved) and you're the arsehole.

Can't agree with you there chief. Some people just can't be fucked taking a bag.

Wear what you like.

• Like 1

When I said dinner, I should have included it wasn't til 7.30 or so but it's probably not really here nor there. Overall, I just don't see how hard it is to have a change of clothes if you intend to head out after. If you don't want to cop it then wear something else / take a change of clothes

Perhaps it's just too many years of copping the banter / shit for being in a soccer top as opposed to an AFL top

As for the bag BT, thoroughly get what you mean. Just find it odd that a number of AFL fans don't generally take kindly to being wound up solely because their in a footy top (particularly after their mob got done that day).

Edited by mattyh001

Waleed Aly

Went to a Waleed Aly and Charlie Pickering comedy show once, was easily the worst hour of my life

This is the problem with this smug cunt in particular. Are you a fucken comedian (albeit one about as funny as cancer) or mr social warrior, serious news bloke? He can't have it both ways as he does them both fucking abhorrently. 

PS it shits me to tears that every time this wanker's name gets brought up, some tossbag has to add "he's a lawyer, ya know?!" as if that somehow makes his opinion/comment infinitley more insightful. Give me a fucken spell.

Edited by Braveheart
  • Like 2

My only comment about wearing footy tops is that people who wear the top of a team that isn't playing to a match are just weird. Do they know Essendon isn't playing, or are they just lost?

Now if they've come from interstate and are doing a double header well fair enough, but otherwise....

You're either a court jester or a politician. Pick one.

On another note, female comedians:

Do you fucking hear males complain about your misandrist views? 

Do you ever see males get up and walk out of the theater because you're making small dick jokes?

Lay off the feminist crap, you're a fucking comedian! if you're taking what you're saying seriously, rethink your carrier path.

• Like 1

They live in Melbourne so are protesting about the WA state government ?

I think we will see this under "retarded" in the dictionary in the future

Its even more annoying when you have lived in WA when you hear PPL over here speak about Aboriginal Issues.

Because PPL in Victoria never basically never ever encountered Aboriginals in their daily lives which is why you tend to see them either often have outrageously out of perspective negative attitudes towards all Aboriginals. Or conversely outrageously out of perspective idealistic positive ideas towards how treat the issues within the Aboriginal Community

The reality is that in Aboriginal PPL undoubtedly require more recognition and compassion from Governments but in other unique cases Government's do need to take a harder line on some stuff to stop some horrific problems that have because enshrined within Aboriginal Communities (Regional and Urban).

Also one thing I am sure of is that there would not have been many Non Aboriginal PPL protesting outside Flinders Street that consistently had to fight of Aboriginal Kids when they were teenager like my mates and I had to do three or four times a year during high school when walking around Perth or Freo because they wanted the $16.50 we had to spend on Hungry Jacks in our wallets.

In saying that I must say as usual a hater of Positive Discrimination I should say that I am in favour of it for Aboriginals and hold a strong belief in Aboriginal Benefit Schemes, ESP in regards to Education and also I am very for a mentioning of the Aboriginal People in our Constitution.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

As a bloke who lived in outback WA I agree with 95% of your post. I also agree that we need to help the disadvantaged, but don't need to do it on the race. The aboriginals who need help (many of those I used to know) will be easily picked up by other metrics. I am in favour in principal of constitutional reform too.

Whilst I'm on basketball, how can the NBA be comfortable with all the talk in the press about teams tanking?

It just seems to me that "basketball people" don't even see throwing matches or even seasons as wrong

FWIW it commonly known as the sport the Mafia made the most money out back in the day when they used to do "Point Shaving".

I have to admit I am not the biggest fan, I find it a sport where a lot of PPL (Myself included) tend to watch Particular Players rather than Particular Teams. Its the kind of game that is greatly enhanced when you see a Champion demanding the court 

Of course their are a lot of PPL who do follow a particular team but because but its no surprise that its popularity ebbs and flows a bit with which players are playing at a given time.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Whilst I'm on basketball, how can the NBA be comfortable with all the talk in the press about teams tanking?

It just seems to me that "basketball people" don't even see throwing matches or even seasons as wrong

FWIW it commonly known as the sport the Mafia made the most money out back in the day when they used to do "Point Shaving".

I have to admit I am not the biggest fan, I find it a sport where a lot of PPL (Myself included) tend to watch Particular Players rather than Particular Teams. Its the kind of game that is greatly enhanced when you see a Champion demanding the court 

Of course their are a lot of PPL who do follow a particular team but because but its no surprise that its popularity ebbs and flows a bit with which players are playing at a given time.

My understanding is that people tend to feel a close bond to their local college or high school team and follow them. The NBA is seen more as a form of entertainment. (There are obviously exceptions to this)

My understanding is that people tend to feel a close bond to their local college or high school team and follow them. The NBA is seen more as a form of entertainment. (There are obviously exceptions to this)

Yeah - I think for large parts of America I think this is the case...

I remember seeing recently a map which showed the highest selling NBA Singlet in each state and it really showed no regional bias in a lot of parts of the Country just where players were popular usually by random.

Mind you I did find it interesting that Minnesota still had a preference for the Lakers with their Highest Seller being Kobe Singlets. 

TTIM: Spectators on worksites. If you want to learn about a trade, do a Tafe course, don't pull up a chair and ask a million questions.

TTIM: Work crews thinking I'm an auditor when I go on site as my PPE is all fresh and clean.