Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

2 hours ago, Tesla said:

TTIM : House of cards getting cancelled because of this Kevin Spacey crap. I don't care about any of that, I just want more house of cards ft one of the GOAT actors. 

Apparently it was actually canned months ago but they just chose to announce it now. Not surprised tbh, the last season was average af

TTIM: The rugby league world cup or rather, Australia vs other Australians who aren't quite good enough to play for Australia but have a great grandfather from Italy/fiji/lebanon so are playing for them instead.

I don't understand why they just didn't do a tri nations competition between the only 3 real competitive nations (Aus, Eng and NZ) instead of trying to justify having a world cup instead

8 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

TTIM: The rugby league world cup or rather, Australia vs other Australians who aren't quite good enough to play for Australia but have a great grandfather from Italy/fiji/lebanon so are playing for them instead.

I don't understand why they just didn't do a tri nations competition between the only 3 real competitive nations (Aus, Eng and NZ) instead of trying to justify having a world cup instead

Add PNG and you have 4.

its the no 1 sport up there.

9 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

In all seriousness I saw the Welsh side and I really doubt that they would beat the Cessnock Goannas.

On 31/10/2017 at 10:12 PM, thisphantomfortress said:

Doubt it, besides stranger things it's Netflix crown jewell. Loved him playing the gay card to try get out of it, foot meet bullet 

I'd believe it. The show is rubbish now. Hasn't been particularly good for a few seasons. They also didn't cancel it per se, just announced that next season will be the show's last. I could totally see the views having dropped off to the point that it no longer justifies such an expensive production. 

They'll go down the spin-off route now. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Haha I think there is an anti goldilocks zone between about 25-45 which I'm inside of. 46+ there doesn't seem to be enough fucks left to be given

Lol. No fucks is the way to go. I had to swap to a back pack not to long ago to be able to carry everything. At first I felt ashamed now I am in the mindset of "what of it".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Haha I think there is an anti goldilocks zone between about 25-45 which I'm inside of. 46+ there doesn't seem to be enough fucks left to be given

Never stopped using mine. Second longest relationship I have ever had after alcohol and excluding parents/siblings. Been together 34 years. Never gave a toss.

• Like 3

TTIM : That hayfever medicine etc isnt government subsidised like everything else even though it's more debilitating than most the shit the average person would take a sick day for.

Seriously I'd rather have the flu than be hit with really bad allergies for a few days. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tesla said:

TTIM : That hayfever medicine etc isnt government subsidised like everything else even though it's more debilitating than most the shit the average person would take a sick day for.

Seriously I'd rather have the flu than be hit with really bad allergies for a few days. 

Can you please run at the next Federal Election for the Senate?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tesla said:

Claratyne works for me and AFAIK is on the PBS.

5 hours ago, cadete said:

Can you please run at the next Federal Election for the Senate?

Rofl, could probably actually get up, fuck load of people with hayfever and it's expensive. 

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Claratyne works for me and AFAIK is on the PBS.

What? Is it a situation where you need to get a prescription from the doctor and then it's PBS? 

4 hours ago, Tesla said:

Rofl, could probably actually get up, fuck load of people with hayfever and it's expensive. 

What? Is it a situation where you need to get a prescription from the doctor and then it's PBS? 

Would legit campaign and vote for the hey fever party. Though I haven't had it this year for some reason (not complaining) 

7 hours ago, Tesla said:

What? Is it a situation where you need to get a prescription from the doctor and then it's PBS

@Tesla Yes, you need a scrip. But I'll guess that you are using a bulk-billing doctor - so get the scrip and get the medication, and then you can keep it in your cupboard until you need it or it reaches its expiry date. The scrip should be valid for 12 months, so bear that in mind if there are repeats.

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

@Tesla Yes, you need a scrip. But I'll guess that you are using a bulk-billing doctor - so get the scrip and get the medication, and then you can keep it in your cupboard until you need it or it reaches its expiry date. The scrip should be valid for 12 months, so bear that in mind if there are repeats.

Yeah sounds like the same situation the gf ran into with her asthma, never knew she could get inhalers cheaper with a prescription. 

10 hours ago, strider said:

@Tesla I use polaramine before bed. so far so good. just don't try to drive on that lol

Best shit I've found is nasonex, take it for a few days to kick in and then I'm usually fine, just been to lazy to get started and go straight for the immediate relief of a zyrtec. 

6 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Would legit campaign and vote for the hey fever party. Though I haven't had it this year for some reason (not complaining) 

Once elected just need to refuse to vote every time the government needs to pass something until all hayfever shit is completely free ez. 

Edited by Tesla

14 hours ago, strider said:

@Tesla I use polaramine before bed. so far so good. just don't try to drive on that lol

Polaramine was my "go-to" antihistamine when I suffered up in outback Queensland for 7 years.

2 hours ago, jeffplz said:

zyrtec, claratyne, telfast are all placebos. they never helped me find any relief

Here in Victoria I use Claratyne. These three products contain different active chemicals. Rather than dismiss them as placebos, maybe you are being triggered by an allergen that needs a different active ingredient.

36 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Polaramine was my "go-to" antihistamine when I suffered up in outback Queensland for 7 years.

Here in Victoria I use Claratyne. These three products contain different active chemicals. Rather than dismiss them as placebos, maybe you are being triggered by an allergen that needs a different active ingredient.

I’ve tried legit everything— my only cure is moving countries. No lie, and this seems to be a pattern amongst 1st and 2nd gen immigrants, hayfever doesn’t exist in the homeland, while in Australia it’s absolutely lethal.

1 hour ago, jeffplz said:

I’ve tried legit everything— my only cure is moving countries. No lie, and this seems to be a pattern amongst 1st and 2nd gen immigrants, hayfever doesn’t exist in the homeland, while in Australia it’s absolutely lethal.

@jeffplz That was my experience too, coming from England. After 18 months in Newcastle I went to north-west Queensland and began to suffer terribly. But it's all gone away now, and I haven't been troubled for the past few years.

On 11/14/2017 at 8:08 PM, malloy said:

or the Greens

They actually are a Political Party its just they dont tell PPL about 99% of their Policies because then PPL would realise their vote is not for a Cute Cuddly Lobby Group but a bunch of Nerdy Marxists.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, cadete said:

They actually are a Political Party its just they dont tell PPL about 99% of their Policies because then PPL would realise their vote is not for a Cute Cuddly Lobby Group but a bunch of Nerdy Marxists.

Although a friend of mine supports them because they are Marxists (even though he is one of the most capitalist people I know, go figure)

On 14/11/2017 at 5:25 PM, jeffplz said:

Use one teaspoon a day of local honey to desensitise your immune response to the localised pollens. In Melbourne I have put a few people onto Rooftop honey since August and they are having their best year in a long time.

One of the kids has been a chronic sufferer and hasn't needed AHs at all this season.

Worth a try.

• Like 1

Nasonex and Zaditen eye drops work 95% of the time for me, although 3 days on the golf course last weekend and I was pretty destroyed at the end of it. 

Plane Trees are actually all being removed over the next 20 years and being replaced by drought resistant trees in Melbourne, so there is relief in the long term. 

Omg 

1 hour ago, marn11 said:

https://globalnews.ca/video/3867811/extended-excerpts-from-secretly-recorded-meeting-between-wilfrid-laurier-university-grad-student-and-faculty

One for all the Jordan Peterson fans on here, of which I'm sure there are many. This is next level fucked up.

Holy shit that dude is the biggest cuck

• Like 2

On 20/11/2017 at 0:23 PM, Hellenic Hero said:

TTIM- When someone gives you a one star Uber customer rating for no apparent reason, then no one else is willing to pick you up! Had to wait 45 mins for one on Saturday ffs

This was literally the plot of last week’s Curb episode lol

• Like 1