Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM...Overseas call centres. Companies operating in Australia ought to be required by law to operate an Australian call centre staffed by Australians. I'm absolutely pissed off by trying to deal with overseas call centres staffed by people speaking some overseas dialect of "English."

"Hello I am John" he says in an Indian accent.

2 hours ago, haz said:

"Hello I am John" he says in an Indian accent.

@haz It's more than accent that gets me - it's the Filipino-American  and "Singlish" dialects that annoy me. An example from yesterday (trying to recover a parcel from the clutches of a courier company) was the pronunciation of "corporate" as "cooper-eight." Took me three goes to get that one.

• Like 1

On 26/07/2019 at 2:42 PM, cadete said:

Strides... long time no see.

What you been up too?

Are you still a Gym Brah or have you made the progression to being an ALT Right, Red Pill kinda, Mens Right dude like the rest of your kind?

firstly i must tell u to stfu

now to answer ur questions:

i still gym but i broke my wrist pretty fkn bad playing outdoor so i just do legs atm

im getting married in a bit so whatever masculinity i have left is withering away this winter 

can i add u on fb det? 

On 26/07/2019 at 4:36 PM, kingofhearts said:

FTFY 

Good to have you back though <3

i dont even like city anymore dno why im posting here 

west melbourne ole

bring back yside

• Like 1

@strider I hope you're marrying a girl with a nice arse. I'm telling you right now if your future wife doesnt have at least a 8.5/10  ass the marriage will fail. 

All this bullshit about marriages failing because money, cheating, "growing apart" is complete and utter BS. Every dude I know who's divorced has an ex wife who either had no arse or some deformed monstrosity. Then the dudes with wives with tip top fkn a class bubble butts are going strong as ever. And btw a women should be able to maintain a nice ass well into her 50's (a 53 year old dentist gave me a semi a couple month back). When a chick hits 60 it doesnt matter anymore coz fishing and 4x4 magazines take over.

Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 03/08/2019 at 4:49 PM, HeartFc said:

@strider I hope you're marrying a girl with a nice arse. I'm telling you right now if your future wife doesnt have at least a 8.5/10  ass the marriage will fail. 

All this bullshit about marriages failing because money, cheating, "growing apart" is complete and utter BS. Every dude I know who's divorced has an ex wife who either had no arse or some deformed monstrosity. Then the dudes with wives with tip top fkn a class bubble butts are going strong as ever. And btw a women should be able to maintain a nice ass well into her 50's (a 53 year old dentist gave me a semi a couple month back). When a chick hits 60 it doesnt matter anymore coz fishing and 4x4 magazines take over.

Good luck.

I'd take it, no matter how crazy your Colombian missus is, her ass seems to solve all conflicting issues in the relationship 

(As I'd stereotypically expect with latinas and their genetic booty perks) 

Edited by Young Polak
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Young Polak said:

I'd take it, no matter how crazy your Colombian missus is, her ass seems to solve all conflicting issues in the relationship 

(As I'd stereotypically expect with latinas and their genetic booty perks) 

She Argentinian but ye all latin girls are default nut cases. 

Its not so much that it solves problems it just stops resentment building up in guys. For example, if some blokes mrs chucks a fit and she's a sloppy goblin he kinda just sits there going... wtf do you actually contribute to my well being? On the other hand a fit girl is gonna have you thinking, fuck you bitch but... in 4 days I'm gonna be horny as fuck and I need that arse in my face. We only give 100% when theres something worth pursuing, once we don't want it we sabotage our environment to seek a new beginning. 

EDIT: Oh and btw I've met those "she's more than looks" guys. Complete and utter BS, they resent the shit out of their fat wives and jerk off to their wives friends facebook profile pics.

Edited by HeartFc
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, HeartFc said:

She Argentinian but ye all latin girls are default nut cases. 

Its not so much that it solves problems it just stops resentment building up in guys. For example, if some blokes mrs chucks a fit and she's a sloppy goblin he kinda just sits there going... wtf do you actually contribute to my well being? On the other hand a fit girl is gonna have you thinking, fuck you bitch but... in 4 days I'm gonna be horny as fuck and I need that arse in my face. We only give 100% when theres something worth pursuing, once we don't want it we sabotage our environment to seek a new beginning. 

EDIT: Oh and btw I've met those "she's more than looks" guys. Complete and utter BS, they resent the shit out of their fat wives and jerk off to their wives friends facebook profile pics.

Can you write a book? Please?

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 3

On 03/08/2019 at 4:49 PM, HeartFc said:

Good luck.

Lmfao I'm gay anyway 

14 hours ago, haz said:

I'm still waiting for @HeartFc's version of Lonely Planet to be published.

You might be in luck. I've spent the last 7 weeks on The Northern Mariana Islands (AKA Northern Pothole & Food Stamp islands), I reckon I'm due another Travel Thread write up.

If I get time I'll a do full write up of my recent return to South America too. I had an even worse time this trip. (Spoiler alert: I shit my pants on a Peruvian bus).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

You might be in luck. I've spent the last 7 weeks on The Northern Mariana Islands (AKA Northern Pothole & Food Stamp islands), I reckon I'm due another Travel Thread write up.

If I get time I'll a do full write up of my recent return to South America too. I had an even worse time this trip. (Spoiler alert: I shit my pants on a Peruvian bus).

Can't wait to read mate

• 2 months later...

TTIM - the ANZ Bank has learned nothing from the Royal Commission. I went to the local branch on Friday to redeem a term deposit that matured on that day, armed with a State of Victoria Enduring Power of Attorney over my wife's affairs, properly completed and witnessed by a JP, with my wife very ill with terminal cancer. I was advised that ANZ does not recognise such a PoA, and that an "ANZ PoA" was required. This was duly completed as I waited, and submitted to some department or other in ANZ Head Office for approval. I asked that the process be expedited, to be advised that all contact between the branch and ANZ Head Office on such PoAs had to be by e-mail, and that no 'phone contact was allowed. This was re-iterated to me today when I followed up, the PoA not yet approved. In four days time, if the PoA is not approved by then, the term deposit will automatically be renewed, despite my having given instructions for it to be redeemed.

This is outrageous. I appear to be completely powerless. What can I do? Who can I turn to for help?

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM - the ANZ Bank has learned nothing from the Royal Commission. I went to the local branch on Friday to redeem a term deposit that matured on that day, armed with a State of Victoria Enduring Power of Attorney over my wife's affairs, properly completed and witnessed by a JP, with my wife very ill with terminal cancer. I was advised that ANZ does not recognise such a PoA, and that an "ANZ PoA" was required. This was duly completed as I waited, and submitted to some department or other in ANZ Head Office for approval. I asked that the process be expedited, to be advised that all contact between the branch and ANZ Head Office on such PoAs had to be by e-mail, and that no 'phone contact was allowed. This was re-iterated to me today when I followed up, the PoA not yet approved. In four days time, if the PoA is not approved by then, the term deposit will automatically be renewed, despite my having given instructions for it to be redeemed.

This is outrageous. I appear to be completely powerless. What can I do? Who can I turn to for help?

I wish I could help. The Westpac years ago did not recognise the PoA I had and had to fill in one theirs. Not convenient at the time but eventually that came through. This worked well for years until two months ago when I showed up at the branch and they told me that they had scrapped the Westpac PoA and I had to bring one signed by a JP. Now everytime I go I have to take all teh documentation and it gets photocopied. I did protest that they have all the details but they said that it has been like that for a very long time (not true) but all you can do is just rage. I wouldn't mind running into the CEO one day - sure I will cop a good behaviour bond but it will be worth it.

• Like 1

On 15/10/2019 at 6:23 PM, jw1739 said:

There is a banking ombudsman. Doubtless they will take far too long to assist though. I did have a senior connection in that bank, but alas not anymore.

What I can do though is express my deep regret and sorrow for your wife’s poor health.

On 15/10/2019 at 5:23 PM, jw1739 said:

Firstly, sorry to hear about your wife, that puts my pissy little complaints in life right into relative perspective. 

Mate, I'd go straight to your local government representative and present the case. Every Poli is looking to gain browny points by dumping on the banks, take advantage of that. If that doesn't get the ball rolling go to the press or current affair shows. I know that sounds lame but it could be your best option. 

Best wishes mate, awful thing to have to go through.

Sorry to hear about the wife mate, banks just have no souls unfortunately...

TTIM...I don't know why we're still fucking about and sitting on our hands with the "recycling problem." Years ago when I was auditing industrial facilities in Germany they had multiple recycle streams - up to 16 different streams in one industrial plant that I visited.

But recycling is only part of the problem. For example, we need to stop manufacturing and importing anything using packaging that is not recyclable, and years ago industry spent thousands of hours developing a "packaging covenant." Weak though it was, it a start. The covenant has disappeared without trace.

Retailers should also be obliged to take back the packaging from items that they sell, and in many cases the actual items. The waste I see on nature strips in Melbourne horrifies me. It should not be the problem of the local council.

There's scores of things we should just do rather than just talk.

• Like 3

Isn't 'Gronk' a Sydney thing? And yes totally agree, how is it even considered an insult?

It sounds like something I'd need to buy if I had a plumbing issue in my kitchen. 

*googles* "leaking tap + kitchen + rubber thing + Bunnings".

Google Machine:  Bunnings Warehouse: Iron Dolphin Tits 2" Gronk Seal, pack of 12 ($6.95).

*Jumps in car to purchase 'Iron Dolphin Tits Gronk Seal'*

• Like 3

On 31/10/2019 at 4:41 PM, Thrillhouse said:

every fucking club doing allez allez allez, western united doing it

None of the fans of other English clubs were hesitant to copy Liverpool fans after they got it trending so why do you expect A-League fans to do any differently? Half of our league does the Tifosi chant lol

Edited by hakz7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

TTIM: "thank a truckie" memes. Yep these blokes only drive trucks because of their love of getting supplies from Point A to Point B to help the community. When in reality they either 1. Like trucks and wanted to drive trucks since they were a kid or 2. Were too dumb to get a job that required more than a 2 day course to get a license.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mus-28 said:

TTIM: "thank a truckie" memes. Yep these blokes only drive trucks because of their love of getting supplies from Point A to Point B to help the community. When in reality they either 1. Like trucks and wanted to drive trucks since they were a kid or 2. Were too dumb to get a job that required more than a 2 day course to get a license.

Totally agree. Goes for the career emergency service workers too imo. The amount of self back-patting and labelling themselves heroes is a joke really.

We all appreciate the services they perform and obv the ones that are good at their job are good at their job, just like every other profession, but spare me the over the top gushing as though theyre doing everyone a favour and not getting paid for it. They're just doing their job like they're supposed to, and in the lucky country, that usually means you are doing the job you choose to do.

Now the volunteer firefighters etc, theyre a group that actually deserve all the wraps and gushes.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mus-28 said:

Same applies to farmers, military, cops etc. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bt50 said:

Totally agree. Goes for the career emergency service workers too imo. The amount of self back-patting and labelling themselves heroes is a joke really.

We all appreciate the services they perform and obv the ones that are good at their job are good at their job, just like every other profession, but spare me the over the top gushing as though theyre doing everyone a favour and not getting paid for it. They're just doing their job like they're supposed to, and in the lucky country, that usually means you are doing the job you choose to do.

Now the volunteer firefighters etc, theyre a group that actually deserve all the wraps and gushes.

I was a volunteer firefighter in Tasmania for two years. There are other groups of people involved in firefighting that receive almost no mention at all - those that provide food and drink to the firefighters as they return from the firefront, and those who provide first-aid services. The Salvation Army used to provide us with refreshments, and there were other groups such as the CWA who would supply home-baked snacks etc. to the Salvos at the rest station. St. John Ambulance volunteers did the first-aid. I was in two big fires in the 80s, and owe a lot to these folks. And of course, we all left our wives and children at home, who never really knew where we were or when we would come home - no mobile phones then.

I found that we came from all walks of life, and most simply wanted to contribute to our community and wanted no formal recognition at all. I learned to drive a fire-truck, use a radio, a lot about fire, a lot about the bush, a lot about myself in a tight situation, and a great deal about the good inside many ordinary people.

I'm a firm believer in two years "national service" outside the armed services for everyone who's fit enough to do it.

• Like 4

TTIM: The rose tinted glasses over Anges national team tenure now that he's doing well in Japan. Everyone forgetting how abysmal we were and that we were a poofteenth away from being eliminated by Syria in the play-off after finishing 3rd below Saudi Arabia. Great club manager but he was abysmal and stubborn in his last 12 months in charge of the Socceroos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mus-28 said:

TTIM: The rose tinted glasses over Anges national team tenure now that he's doing well in Japan. Everyone forgetting how abysmal we were and that we were a poofteenth away from being eliminated by Syria in the play-off after finishing 3rd below Saudi Arabia. Great club manager but he was abysmal and stubborn in his last 12 months in charge of the Socceroos.

We haven't qualified for 2022.

12 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Tbh i thought his Roos tenure was decent save for that last stage of group qualifying. His approach to the Japan away game in particular was what put me off him. Style, approach and the greater good of the game are all vitally important, but sometimes you do just need to be pragmatic.

On 27/11/2019 at 6:58 PM, mus-28 said:

Can’t make a silk purse from a sow’s ear.

Actually I was most frustrated when he resigned. He’d spent the previous 4 years saying it wasn’t about qualifying, it was about doing something when you got there and then he didn’t even go to the World Cup. 

Edited by Shahanga