Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/04/2019 at 11:33 AM, Jacques Le Cube said:

Neil Kilkenny only having 14 caps for Australia.

Especially when compared to his (far inferior) contemporaries like Carl Valeri (52 caps) Matt McKay (59 caps) or even James Holland (15 caps).

Perhaps he's too abrasive?

4 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Dickhead Vegans. 

Unforgivable to bring city traffic to a standstill when people are already inconvenienced by PT disruptions.

• 2 months later...
On 6/14/2019 at 9:48 AM, jw1739 said:

TTIM: I don't care a FF about AFL, but to see the AFL rewriting history just grinds my gears. Political correctness has gone mad in this country. And we are the poorer for it.

41 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

Ok, now I get it.

Not fussed. The problem is one of hard evidence which means that the further back you go the sketchier it is. As an example when I was in primary school we were taught that the german explorer Ludwig Leichhardt had perished in Queensland probably at the hands of hostile Aborigines. In 2007 they found evidence that he had crossed Queensland into WA and probably perished in northern WA. Second example, Men At Works "Down Under" had a flute piece which Greg Ham thought that he had written however it turns out that it was written in the 50s (Kookaburra)  and he probably heard it as a child and remained buried in his head. Years later he adds it to the world wide hit and then in 2013 he gets sued by the copyright owner (who bought the copyright for $100), loses and takes his own life. There is no way to know whether Wills was ever influenced what he watched as a child which is why it remains a matter of conjecture - just as Greg Ham unconciously was influenced by Kookaburra. Should have the AFL taken the step? Probably not as it remains a matter of conjecture. Are the historians expecting too much? Probably because if we applied the same level of proof being asked, then our knowledge of Ancient Greece and Rome would be reduced substantially as there are no written records to confirm what we have a high degree of certainty that did occur.

Does it matter? Not one bit.

9 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Well, it matters to me. Like I said, political correctness has gone mad. This is the sort of thing that it delivers.

image.png.94fd917c97ceec48581c57a07d71ed4a.png

That is a long stretch. Hate to see how you feel about the Shakespeare sagas: did Shakespeare really write those plays or was it someone else?

FWIW the AFL has always had crowd issues. But the media only ever concentrated on the wog ball. These days with mobile phone cameras the images get uploaded and shared so the media could no longer ignore it. As a kid I only ever went once to Victoria Park to watch Collingwood play Essendon and the amount of fights/blood on the way to the train station was like trying to avoid dog poo before we were told to clean up after them.

It is interesting to note that just as the FFA has killed the atmosphere at matches, the AFL is following suit. Best explanation that I have heard is that it drowns out the gambling advertising.

Asked on what evidence the position changed, Ms Hosch said the sharing of oral history by Aboriginal elders had changed the understanding of Marngrook within the AFL industry.

So more mythical history like the magical rainbow sepent that created animals which turned into humans if they obeyed the rules, thus creating mankind. No thanks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jw1739 said:

This war on Israel Folau makes me sick. 

I don't support the homos to hell sentiment but FFS he can believe what ever he wants. His GoFund being suspended is pretty scary and people celebrating it only means "The Agenda" only grows stronger. Call it want you want but the manipulation of the Western mind to no longer support free think is reaching a level I didn't expect in my lifetime. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HeartFc said:

I don't support the homos to hell sentiment but FFS he can believe what ever he wants. His GoFund being suspended is pretty scary and people celebrating it only means "The Agenda" only grows stronger. Call it want you want but the manipulation of the Western mind to no longer support free think is reaching a level I didn't expect in my lifetime. 

Weren't people mad at the GoFundMe simply cause the lad is already rich?

1 hour ago, haz said:

Weren't people mad at the GoFundMe simply cause the lad is already rich?

Sure, even I think it was slimy move to ask for donations but the celebrations on social media were themed around bigotry and discrimination rather than greed. He was being attacked hard before the GoFund hence why he lost his contract, the greed part was just the icing on the cake.

I'm more concerned about the trend of huge corporations siding with a certain political persuasion and the fact that people are blind to see what that ultimately leads to...

giphy.gif

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

Sure, even I think it was slimy move to ask for donations but the celebrations on social media were themed around bigotry and discrimination rather than greed. He was being attacked hard before the GoFund hence why he lost his contract, the greed part was just the icing on the cake.

I'm more concerned about the trend of huge corporations siding with a certain political persuasion and the fact that people are blind to see what that ultimately leads to...

That's why I don't have social media :up:

(Excluding this place)

8 minutes ago, haz said:

That's why I don't have social media :up:

(Excluding this place)

Thats a smart move.

Unfortunately I have 2 business accounts which forces me to stay connected and my personal account is where I stay in touch with family/friends in Melbourne.

4 hours ago, HeartFc said:

Thats a smart move.

Unfortunately I have 2 business accounts which forces me to stay connected and my personal account is where I stay in touch with family/friends in Melbourne.

Smoke signals and mail-pigeons are all you need mate

• Like 2

On 18/06/2019 at 6:15 AM, NewConvert said:

That is a long stretch. Hate to see how you feel about the Shakespeare sagas: did Shakespeare really write those plays or was it someone else?

FWIW the AFL has always had crowd issues. But the media only ever concentrated on the wog ball. These days with mobile phone cameras the images get uploaded and shared so the media could no longer ignore it. As a kid I only ever went once to Victoria Park to watch Collingwood play Essendon and the amount of fights/blood on the way to the train station was like trying to avoid dog poo before we were told to clean up after them.

It is interesting to note that just as the FFA has killed the atmosphere at matches, the AFL is following suit. Best explanation that I have heard is that it drowns out the gambling advertising.

I honestly don't know how ppl on this site of all places still try to peddle the "There is more fights at the AFL... It's the media that hates and therefore picks on Soccer" line.

Honestly, I wish I could say this shit.

Unfortunately I cannot as I have been to Adelaide and more than once seen a Named Firm of fans attack Heart fans deliberately in a organized manner a number of times.

Likewise such a group in Sydney did this did the same and one in Perth.

Not only has this happened so many times with MV Groups attacking The Gimp/fans after games in a organized manner they have more than once come to games where MV aren't playing to carry out such attacks.

There is no such groups amongst AFL fans, there have never been such actions taken by AFL fans and if this did come into AFL it be most likely from fans of Soccer replicating the scene from the A-League.

6 hours ago, Tesla said:

TTIM : Princess theater's cramped seats, seriously you get more seating room on a $100 Jetstar flight than in $400 theater seats.

OK, we get it you are in the Illuminati now and thus splashed the cash and went to the Theater. Strong.

4 hours ago, cadete said:

I honestly don't know how ppl on this site of all places still try to peddle the "There is more fights at the AFL... It's the media that hates and therefore picks on Soccer" line.

Unfortunately I cannot as I have been to Adelaide and more than once seen a Named Firm of fans attack Heart fans deliberately in a organized manner a number of times.

Not only has this happened so many times with MV Groups attacking The Gimp/fans after games in a organized manner they have more than once come to games where MV aren't playing to carry out such attacks.

There is no such groups amongst AFL fans, there have never been such actions taken by AFL fans and if this did come into AFL it be most likely from fans of Soccer replicating the scene from the A-League.

OK, we get it you are in the Illuminati now and thus splashed the cash and went to the Theater. Strong.

I never mentioned organised vs unorganised. All I said was that there have always been fights at the VFL/AFL games as well as arrests, however I don't ever recall any of that making it into the weekly night bulletins nor to the papers. I certainly recall numerous times the media focusing on the fights at NSL games, particularly the Serbs vs the Croats.

And you are right, there is a difference between having organised fights vs random blokes/sheilas getting into a bloody scrap.

23 hours ago, cadete said:

As a general fan I've always felt and personally experienced more confrontations at AFL games. I'd say it's less safe for the every day joe supporter. Football differs where the active support factions cause problems more often than not between each other. But for the standard fan it's safer than going to the Afl games. I beleive this is the major point of difference. 

7 hours ago, n i k o said:

As a general fan I've always felt and personally experienced more confrontations at AFL games. I'd say it's less safe for the every day joe supporter. Football differs where the active support factions cause problems more often than not between each other. But for the standard fan it's safer than going to the Afl games. I beleive this is the major point of difference. 

I think there is some truth in this tbh.

It's probably more that the idiots are spread across the stadium at the footy, whilst the soccer they seem to concentrated in one area. Obv the organised stuff is 100% a soccer thing, but its also generally limited to those choosing to participate in it somewhat. There's a degree of those people that actually don't know what they are getting involved in too though.

On 01/07/2019 at 1:04 AM, cadete said:

If so, the Illuminati is severely overrated.

Edited by Tesla

• 2 weeks later...

TTIM: Taxpayers being asked to pay for the removal of dangerous cladding from buildings in Victoria. It should be the fucking builders who installed the stuff - and who are still using flammable materials on domestic buildings - who pay.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM: Taxpayers being asked to pay for the removal of dangerous cladding from buildings in Victoria. It should be the fucking builders who installed the stuff - and who are still using flammable materials on domestic buildings - who pay.

I am ropable over this. Ditto with the insurance for the fire engineers who have now been exempted from insurance requirements. Let the courts deal with it and if the owners lose then that is their problem not mine.

On 16/07/2019 at 4:29 PM, jw1739 said:

Well can you be surprised? This is the hypocrisy at the core of the Australian private sector. Bitch and whinge about Government’s getting in the way but as soon as they fuck up. Oh well that is the governments problem to fix now.

But this cladding issue is different from what is happening on NSW. That place is just an absolute basket case. 

Edited by Dylan

On 7/20/2019 at 8:42 AM, Dylan said:

Well can you be surprised? This is the hypocrisy at the core of the Australian private sector. Bitch and whinge about Government’s getting in the way but as soon as they fuck up. Oh well that is the governments problem to fix now.

But this cladding issue is different from what is happening on NSW. That place is just an absolute basket case. 

Lol: It always has been and always will be, it took until the 90's for the Premiers of either side to stop taking all their orders from City's "Colorful Identities".

TTIM...Overseas call centres. Companies operating in Australia ought to be required by law to operate an Australian call centre staffed by Australians. I'm absolutely pissed off by trying to deal with overseas call centres staffed by people speaking some overseas dialect of "English."