Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

TTIM:

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT9IgIOCfksbFYicBa/giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Jovan said:

Thomastown. 

Cmon man its not that bad, I lived there for a year before I left Australia, and I didnt get stabbed once.

(Disclaimer: I never walked at night :ph34r:)

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, haz said:

TTIM:

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT9IgIOCfksbFYicBa/giphy.gif

Cmon man its not that bad, I lived there for a year before I left Australia, and I didnt get stabbed once.

(Disclaimer: I never walked at night :ph34r:)

I find it so amusing the thoughts and prayers BS. And yes it is on both sides of the political spectrum.

Thoughts and Prayers, but don't take my military grade firearms.

Thoughts and Prayers, but it is inhumane to send country shoppers back to a their home country, where they claim they will be politically persecuted, except of course on the holidays they take back there.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, malloy said:

I find it so amusing the thoughts and prayers BS. And yes it is on both sides of the political spectrum.

Thoughts and Prayers, but don't take my military grade firearms.

Thoughts and Prayers, but it is inhumane to send country shoppers back to a their home country, where they claim they will be politically persecuted, except of course on the holidays they take back there.

The absolute worse one is where someone survives from serious injury or illness, the doctors/surgeons have just finished the surgery that has taken hours and are still catching their breaths, when the family member etc states 'Oh thank the lord for this miracle, my prayers have been answered'.

One day a doctor should go, 'well since God will fix you, Ill just go home'

• Like 1

On 15/02/2018 at 7:19 PM, haz said:

One day a doctor should go, 'well since God will fix you, Ill just go home'

God allowed for the doctors to get the skills and education required to do the surgery. I don't think religious people believe it's literally God doing the saving, he just provides "de way" for things to either go smoothly (a miracle) or badly (a test).

7 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

God allowed for the doctors to get the skills and education required to do the surgery. I don't think religious people believe it's literally God doing the saving, he just provides "de way" for things to either go smoothly (a miracle) or badly (a test).

Good laugh

1 minute ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I'm all about believing what you want etc etc but do you really believe it?

I also enjoy giving my hard earned dollars to a company that doesnt pay tax, has no 'real' product and is full of child abuse allegations.

Then I realized I dont.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

Exactly, at least we make it official

I was waiting for an abosolute meltdown. I applaud you for taking @thisphantomfortress's comment like a champ :up:

36 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

He's a Muslim. Don't quote me but I'm lead to believe they generally marry the kids before raping them. 

I dont know enough about Islam to comment

• Like 1

3 hours ago, haz said:

I also enjoy giving my hard earned dollars to a company that doesnt pay tax, has no 'real' product and is full of child abuse allegations.

Then I realized I dont.

Time for these tax avoiding multinationals to pay their way. 

On 15/02/2018 at 9:21 AM, GreenSeater said:

TTIM: The Australian nanny state. Just once I'd like for my family and friends to all be massacred by a mentally unstable person with a gun :(

TTIM: Highly discriminatory comments regarding mental illness. Most people suffering from psychological disorders are not violent, nice generalisation.

TTDIM: Being better at being a lefty than leftys.

Edited by Tesla

5 hours ago, Tesla said:

It isn't hard. All you need is ludicrous contradictions, present "problems" with absolutely no solution and bless everyone with the original sin of "privilege" 

For added bonus a compete disregard of science that doesn't suit your narrative, a propensity to ignore historical and economic facts and an inability to meme. 

3 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

It isn't hard. All you need is ludicrous contradictions, present "problems" with absolutely no solution and bless everyone with the original sin of "privilege" 

For added bonus a compete disregard of science that doesn't suit your narrative, a propensity to ignore historical and economic facts and an inability to meme. 

I'd also add a special quality in 'misinterpreting' logical and factual comments in order to suit said narrative...eg. Starting sentences with "So you're saying...(insert opposite meaning to logical persons comment)..." 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, haz said:

30 Billion is a lot less than I thought. Thats about 1.6 mill per property. St Francis for example takes up a quarter block in the CBD which would probably be worth 50 million alone. They've owned that since it was built and purely from donations I suspect. So most of the wealth was simply people voluntarily giving them shit and the nature of property prices going up. Now I'm not defending the stupidly of people giving to the Church however the Catholic Church probably does more than the government does for most folks and even though they rape kids for fun I feel raped everytime my rego comes in the mail. 

Edited by HeartFc
is dyslexia have I bad

Also the lack of self awareness of the writer is pretty funny. For example the part where she lists schools, nursing homes and hospitals etc like its a wrong or outrages for them to do is so ironic. So lets tax the them to give to the government who will (if we're lucky) spend that money on building schools, nursing homes and hospitals.... but run them worse.

Putting aside the stupid spending on 100 feet jesus statues and gay bath houses the church is a shining light on free market economics. They spend a fuck load in Africa, India and South America for example.. what have the governments in those places done for their people besides mass murder, steal and impoverish billions of people? 

Think about it, who wastes our money more and causes more harm to people overall... the government of the catholic church? On and btw you if you refuse to give money to the church they don't lock you up. 

I rest my case.

Edited by HeartFc

Catholic schools and private hospitals cop a tonne of unnecessary heat . The government invests in them because its cost effective. The lefties cry about it a. Because they don't use it and b. To claim a faux moral superiority. They do this without realising that both systems help take those who are willing (because of the subsidies) out of the public system. Both health and education would collapse if the Catholic hospitals and schools lost funding 

On 17/02/2018 at 4:56 AM, Tesla said:

TTIM: Highly discriminatory comments regarding mental illness. Most people suffering from psychological disorders are not violent, nice generalisation.

Feigning offence and derailing the conversation whilst completely ignoring the real issue? Are you sure that you're not a lefty? :hmm:

• Like 3

On 2/17/2018 at 4:56 AM, Tesla said:

IIRC correctly most massacres in Oz were by mentally unstable people with the exception of the Hoddle St massacre which was done by a tool. The Australia Post massacre the coroner concluded that the gunman was insane, and of course the Pt Arthur massacre was conducted by someone whose mental history rendered him close to being institutionalised. Years later at Monash a gunman was also found to be mentally unwell and never stood trial and at La Trobe where a student was stabbed (guns were much harder to come by) the perpetrator was sent to a mental institution at her majesty's leisure.

So, I think @GreenSeater comment adequately reflected the situation in Australia.

• Like 1

TTIM: Unsolicited snail-mail from various miscellaneous organizations and charities who have bought a mailing list from somewhere and who are asking me for donations while enclosing unwanted material such as greeting cards, envelope address stickers, and miscellaneous plastic trinket "free gifts" such as a necklace or pen, all of which contribute to the waste streams both in production and disposal. I already support a number of charities in a meaningful way, and this crap just goes straight into the bin(s). Such a waste in every respect.

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM: Unsolicited snail-mail from various miscellaneous organizations and charities who have bought a mailing list from somewhere and who are asking me for donations while enclosing unwanted material such as greeting cards, envelope address stickers, and miscellaneous plastic trinket "free gifts" such as a necklace or pen, all of which contribute to the waste streams both in production and disposal. I already support a number of charities in a meaningful way, and this crap just goes straight into the bin(s). Such a waste in every respect.

There is a rubbish bin next to my PO Box, ez pz.

9 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Without context they're probably not that funny. But a bunch of people wrote really long OTT posts about the cheezels chants. This was the most popular and then sponge Bob was my personal fav. Note Im not even in active anymore 

24dmna.jpg.a1f3895491ac0c7cc9e841ec2d303374.jpg5a8bc9e8e660e_download(2).jpeg.39cab01156c0dd2526802537860df64b.jpeg

Haha they're good. Should have put a balaclava on the dude, and a cheezel on the head of the red girl

Oh and you should do another one of that photo where the 'Melbourne City Ultras' were holding up a sign saying 'Fuck ISIS' but change it to 'Fuck Cheezels'

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, haz said:

Haha they're good. Should have put a balaclava on the dude, and a cheezel on the head of the red girl

Oh and you should do another one of that photo where the 'Melbourne City Ultras' were holding up a sign saying 'Fuck ISIS' but change it to 'Fuck Cheezels'

Against Modern Cheezels

• Like 3
  • Haha 1