Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

That my local bus, that runs every 40 minutes and only goes to the train station, is not actually timed to meet the train so you arrive to watch the train pull out of the station.

@Shahanga Classic tactic used by transport authorities to say that that the bus service should be discontinued due to lack of patronage. The Beeching Era (1960s or so) in the UK saw much of this sort of thing when many branch railway lines were closed; the trains on the branch were run so as not to connect at the main line station.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM: Incessant media attention to what Donald Trump says or doesn't say. Probably about time first world countries faced up to the fact that many countries in the world are indeed shitholes.

Have been to a number of countries in Africa and can confirm it is a shithole. Dar es Salaam in Tanzania literally smelt like shit.

2 hours ago, mus-28 said:

TTIM: still banned from William Hill promos after cleaning up the first year of Chase the Ace.

Fuck that was a great promo.  I know a few who cleaned up a tidy figure from that one

TTIM; when you miss quality betting promos thru no / lack of internet connection 

Edited by mattyh001

1 hour ago, hedaik said:

You'll be happy to hear this then (Ive been banned from them for about 2 years now)

http://www.theage.com.au/business/online-bookmaker-william-hill-may-quit-australia-20180115-p4yyim.html

I guess the government beat the corps at their own game of turning wagering into the same shit as pokies. Wonder what kind of huge margins there will be after all these new taxes come in, will probably lead to odds not being beatable except in cases of fuck ups. 

You definitely won't have your promos anymore, not to the same extent anyway, so good for everyone that milked them all already lol. 

TTIM: Putting a whole pack of Super Doopers in the Freezer yesterday morning only to discover when I had come home from work that the Wife had taken them out an hour or so later to be replaced with the Cats' meat.

Edit - Equally annoying is one of the Cats is only staying over whilst the Mother in Law is away and it legit could probably go half a year without food and still being okay considering when you see her run past she is so big and fat she looks like some sort of Terrier and not a Cat.

TTIM: The Nerds who work at Apple Stores, making me and my wife wait for 30 mins for a 5 minute job.

There were litterally a thousand around us who could help rather than waking past each other giving each other Seppo Bullshit High Fives in their shit trainers.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

TTIM: heading off on a Friday night and getting delayed on the Ring Road cause some arse clown decides to wreck everyone's night by having a crash.

Needs to be some pro rata fine for wasting people's time: the bigger the crash and longer the delays (ie peak hour during the week) the bigger the fine

32 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

TTIM: heading off on a Friday night and getting delayed on the Ring Road cause some arse clown decides to wreck everyone's night by having a crash.

Needs to be some pro rata fine for wasting people's time: the bigger the crash and longer the delays (ie peak hour during the week) the bigger the fine

More generally TTIM the number of arseholes on the road during this so-called "holiday period." Particularly lane-weavers and tailgaters.

On 20/01/2018 at 9:17 PM, cadete said:

TTIM: The Nerds who work at Apple Stores, making me and my wife wait for 30 mins for a 5 minute job.

There were litterally a thousand around us who could help rather than waking past each other giving each other Seppo Bullshit High Fives in their shit trainers.

Bet 90% of the people that work there only do it so they can say 'I work for Apple' and try disguise the fact they have a shit retail job.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

On 21/01/2018 at 2:22 PM, jw1739 said:

More generally TTIM the number of arseholes on the road during this so-called "holiday period." Particularly lane-weavers and tailgaters.

Dont drive slow and you'll have no problems?

TTIM: People who drive slow

UOTYH: Driving 15km/h under the speed limit is more dangerous for other road users than driving 15km/h over the limit.

Edited by Tesla

11 minutes ago, Tesla said:

UOTYH: Driving 15km/h under the speed limit is more dangerous for other road users than driving 15km/h over the limit.

Depends on where you are driving.

Highway: Yes

Suburban Street: No

I think the biggest blame is on the driving mentality/skill. In Germany on the Autobahn, you can go flat about 150+ in the fast lane (out of 3) and not ever have to touch your brake because drivers are smart to never stay in the fast lane and move out of it. In comparison to Melbourne, say on the Ring Road for example you see all that shit where a driver will move across while a car is next to them then freak out and have that jerking reaction. Have not seen that action once on the highways in Germany yet.

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

I don't drive slowly. Usually on the limit unless road/weather conditions suggest otherwise.

2 hours ago, Tesla said:

Not opinion, fact. Last century, learner drivers were not allowed to drive at the road limit, it was about 15 or 20km/hr less than the other road users (eg 100k zone, L-plates had to drive at 80k). After a number of deaths and accidents, a long study by Vicroads, Monash Uni and RACV, the recommendation was to scrap the limit for L-Platers to reduce accidents and deaths. It was unanimously passed by state parliament.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, NewConvert said:

Not opinion, fact. Last century, learner drivers were not allowed to drive at the road limit, it was about 15 or 20km/hr less than the other road users (eg 100k zone, L-plates had to drive at 80k). After a number of deaths and accidents, a long study by Vicroads, Monash Uni and RACV, the recommendation was to scrap the limit for L-Platers to reduce accidents and deaths. It was unanimously passed by state parliament.

Of course NSW the bastion of regressive laws still has them in place. Was driving me nuts on the way to and from Sydney over New Years period.

23 hours ago, NewConvert said:

Was always a stupid idea. Surely blind Freddie could see it’d be dangerous.

On 1/27/2018 at 7:35 PM, Thrillhouse said:

hottest 100 - fucking shit music if you want to call it that 

Its basically a comp where you choose your favorite songs that JJJ dictated that you should like that year... just like how Q&A dictate which political opinions you  should hear and then applaud from the SJW's in the audience.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cadete said:

Its basically a comp where you choose your favorite songs that JJJ dictated that you should like that year... just like how Q&A dictate which political opinions you  should hear and then applaud from the SJW's in the audience.

Im still waiting to go on that show so that I can preach the one true lord and saviour.... The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

And while Im there I can argue about how genders are all a lie and we are just Fridges in final forms

10 hours ago, cadete said:

No different to GoldFM when they have the top 1000 songs of all time. Its not like you don't have a choice not to listen and not to vote.

• Like 1