Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

56 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

TTIM: Those cunts who have no respect for the o-bikes.

Yeah you guys are so fucking funny throwing o-bikes into the yarra, or putting them up trees.

Well done you assholes, just ruin it for everyone else so you can show your mates how "hardcore" you are

Germans don't like the O-Bikes either

9 hours ago, haz said:

Germans don't like the O-Bikes either

This is based off zero investigation so if I'm wrong fuck you. 

Isn't the company from Singapore? Of course the idea would work there. I'd say it'd work a dream in Hong-Kong as well. They clearly haven't factored in that western teens are bored and frustrated not studying. The bikes are the perfect harmless teenage rebellion, the owner is faceless and it's become a meme. Was always gunna happen. 

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Isn't the company from Singapore? Of course the idea would work there. I'd say it'd work a dream in Hong-Kong as well. They clearly haven't factored in that western teens are bored and frustrated not studying. The bikes are the perfect harmless teenage rebellion, the owner is faceless and it's become a meme. Was always gunna happen. 

this-is-why-we-cant-have-nice-things.jpg

3 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Boredom and frustration are in no way a valid reason for outright vandalism. And neither is vandalism "harmless teenage rebellion." BTW, generalizations about HK teenagers are as invalid as they are about western teens.

TTIM: Excuses for anti-social behaviour.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Boredom and frustration are in no way a valid reason for outright vandalism. And neither is vandalism "harmless teenage rebellion." BTW, generalizations about HK teenagers are as invalid as they are about western teens.

TTIM: Excuses for anti-social behaviour.

I wouldn't call them excuses I would just say they are factors.

TTIM: Melbourne traffic. 1 hr 45 min to get to the airport this morning - usually 45 minutes. Both Nepean Highway and Beach Road chockers. Later some fuckwit truck driver with an oversize load (half a house) on a trailer thinking he could get through the Burnley Tunnel.

We need new infrastructure urgently.

Edited by jw1739

18 hours ago, rayv36 said:

TTIM: Microsoft word, its a piece of shit

Back in the day I used word perfect and Quattro.

Problem was they went out of fashion and I found myself at Microsoft products along with everyone else. Just sucked it up and got on with it. So brainwashed now I've given up whinging 

18 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

100% yes.

Most ticky taky piece of shit in existence.

Trying to change the page orientation on specific pages in a 50 page document was one of the most difficult things i've ever done in my life.

Which version of Word is everyone complaining about?

Google Docs is good and has it's place, same as other cloud options like Zoho, but you cant compare it to a full featured program like Microsoft Word.

If you guys really dont like Microsoft Word, you can install Libre Office which is free, but I'd rather just pay for Microsoft Word.

And those that are complaining regarding a workplace situation, just be glad you don't have someone in charge at your workplace who thinks they're smarter than they are and decided Libre Office is a good way to save money. If you can afford to employ people in Australia with all the red tape and costs, you can afford Microsoft Office.

18 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Any version of it, they're all shit

Disagree completely. I've written innumerable articles and reports, and two books, using it. I'll concede that earlier versions were easier to use than the latest one I have, but I put that down more to having to eventually give up Windows XP than anything else. I still have XP and various discontinued Microsoft programs on a stand-alone PC.

33 minutes ago, japiedog said:

Windows XP ....... ah the best Microsoft Era , reminiscing

Just like the good old days

They really were. Photo Editor was part of Office, and I really could do good things with that program. It was replaced with Picture Manager, but even that has disappeared now. The old version of Paint also shits all over the current one. Fortunately, Photo Editor and (old) Paint are still on my stand-alone PC.

OK, I know I haven't moved with the times, but why discontinue programs that a generation of users grew up with and could use to advantage?

As for XP, I would have gladly paid an annual licensing fee to keep internet security updates going. IIRC, the U.K.'s National Health Service used XP for its whole system, and managed to keep going with it, at least for a while, by paying a special fee to Microsoft, but that option was not offered to home users.

TTIM: How you can't get real beer anywhere these days. Pussy hipster girly men who should stick to cider have fucked the market and everything is light and fruity now. Gtfo. 

Honestly would rather drink VB tins than 75% of the craft beers I've tried over the last 12 months.

• Like 1