Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

14 minutes ago, cadete said:

TTIM: My Aunt's Husband (I dont consider him an uncle) being the biggest Cigarette Pincher this side of Fremantle... fucken pest stole six of me in under two hours on the weekend.

TTIM: 50 cigarette import limit, get fucked gonna try smuggle in at least 10 packs.

48 minutes ago, Tesla said:

TTIM: 50 cigarette import limit, get fucked gonna try smuggle in at least 10 packs.

Don't buy them at the last Duty Free on your way home because they will have to scan your ticket and then they will be taken off you in Australia as they set of an alert apparently.

It was so good back in the day when my sister would give me a carton for Christmas when coming back from her work overseas - As it cost her nothing and it was like (very small) box of cash.

17 hours ago, Shahanga said:

TTIM: suicide.

First up, I hope you, your family, your friends and anyone else effected by it is going ok.

TTIM: the complete lack of understanding when it comes to mental health. From people's social fear of speaking out, to toughen up attitudes, to "safesapces". Whole spectrum of it is a minefield that none of us even begin to understand, least of all young people who it seems (anecdotal evidence) to effect the most.

I would trust a doctor to operate on my heart without a seconds hesitation if there was something wrong, but I am skeptical of mental health professionals and their over reliance of anti-depressants. Makes no sense.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

First up, I hope you, your family, your friends and anyone else effected by it is going ok.

TTIM: the complete lack of understanding when it comes to mental health. From people's social fear of speaking out, to toughen up attitudes, to "safesapces". Whole spectrum of it is a minefield that none of us even begin to understand, least of all young people who it seems (anecdotal evidence) to effect the most.

I would trust a doctor to operate on my heart without a seconds hesitation if there was something wrong, but I am skeptical of mental health professionals and their over reliance of anti-depressants. Makes no sense.

Thank you fortress. I'm referring to a friend  unfortunately.

It's terrible that some men see suicide as easier than talking about their problems and would rather maintain a facade.

Guys it's ok not to be bullet proof. You know what, no one actually is, it's just a pretence. And that horrible thing your so upset about? In 6 months it will be s distant memory and you'll be laughing when it's brought up.

• Sad 9

16 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Thank you fortress. I'm referring to a friend  unfortunately.

It's terrible that some men see suicide as easier than talking about their problems and would rather maintain a facade.

Guys it's ok not to be bullet proof. You know what, no one actually is, it's just a pretence. And that horrible thing your so upset about? In 6 months it will be s distant memory and you'll be laughing when it's brought up.

know how you are feeling, I've lost 2 close friends in the last 3 years to this, plus my son a couple of years ago, due to mental health issues.

as @thisphantomfortress mentioned, mental health issues and the treatment of it, needs to be taken seriously.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, japiedog said:

know how you are feeling, I've lost 2 close friends in the last 3 years to this, plus my son a couple of years ago, due to mental health issues.

as @thisphantomfortress mentioned, mental health issues and the treatment of it, needs to be taken seriously.

My condolensces. Unfortunately the human mind is far more complex than many people (even experts) can comprehend. 

Mental health awareness, treatment and understanding is still very much in its infancy. Talk, talk and talk -- that is what we need to do. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Rain drops, Melbourne stops. coming from London and NZ where if it isn't raining it's about to rain I always found it funny how ill equipped for rain aussies are 

You should see Perth...

PPL starting driving at 40 even on the Highways when there is no Traffic in front of them... then again over there you also have Eagles Supporters (And some Freo Supporters - but much less) who leave games early to beat the Traffic (Even if they have won).

They seem to think getting home in twenty minutes rather than thirty has meant the have beaten a lot of Traffic... they must get a shock when they go places where Traffic actually exists.

2 hours ago, cadete said:

You should see Perth...

PPL starting driving at 40 even on the Highways when there is no Traffic in front of them... then again over there you also have Eagles Supporters (And some Freo Supporters - but much less) who leave games early to beat the Traffic (Even if they have won).

They seem to think getting home in twenty minutes rather than thirty has meant the have beaten a lot of Traffic... they must get a shock when they go places where Traffic actually exists.

Driving in Perth is an experience, roundabouts are the norm,

I've never seen so many sporting fields, didn't see many Art Galleries or Museums though ........

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Rain drops, Melbourne stops. coming from London and NZ where if it isn't raining it's about to rain I always found it funny how ill equipped for rain aussies are 

It's pretty simple. In fact, where it rains often, a bitumen road is essentially free of dust. Not so here, where that accumulation of dust actually turns slippery with the rain - especially drizzle or light rain. So we are doing the right thing rather than being over-cautious.

9 minutes ago, japiedog said:

Driving in Perth is an experience, roundabouts are the norm,

I've never seen so many sporting fields, didn't see many Art Galleries or Museums though ........

Perth has easy access to Bore Water so all the Parks and the Endless Sporting Fields (And a lot of PPL's Gardens) can be kept  green all year long... so when the drought was on over here and you went to Perth the Green Sporting Fields in the Dry Heat made it look like an Oasis.

Perth as such an isolated city is also a very parochial and pride place and one thing the Natives dont like much is change and TBH one of the things they are proud about is being a pretty Conservative Place. This has lead to its Governments from both Parties being very slow when it comes to getting things done and every proposed project being debated for years before anything is done.

The Arts is not something a Perth Government is ever going to get much support to spend "Tax Payers Money" on hence the lack of Culture... the state has also for a very long time placed its educational focus on the Sciences because of Mining to the point that they make sure that Math/Science Units are scored higher in the TEE (VCE/HSC) . Alongside this Universities even offer more Science based degrees with Engineering being a obv major focus.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

It's pretty simple. In fact, where it rains often, a bitumen road is essentially free of dust. Not so here, where that accumulation of dust actually turns slippery with the rain - especially drizzle or light rain. So we are doing the right thing rather than being over-cautious.

Imagine a dead straight 3 lane highway with an 80kmh speed limit and most drivers are driving 65kmh. There's ample space between each car to hold the speed limit. That is over cautious. That's not right. Problem is that driver education is absolutely abissmal and could be the worst form of education in any sector/industry in the country.

That's a TTIM....driver education. Taking into account the gravity of making mistakes operating a vehicle the government should make VicRoads accountable for their shoddy license testing. Even motorbike license tests have become much more stringent over the last few years. 

13 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Imagine a dead straight 3 lane highway with an 80kmh speed limit and most drivers are driving 65kmh. There's ample space between each car to hold the speed limit. That is over cautious. That's not right. Problem is that driver education is absolutely abissmal and could be the worst form of education in any sector/industry in the country.

That's a TTIM....driver education. Taking into account the gravity of making mistakes operating a vehicle the government should make VicRoads accountable for their shoddy license testing. Even motorbike license tests have become much more stringent over the last few years. 

Motorbike tests are a piece of piss... saw a guy fall of his bike and still pass when I got mine.

As far as VicRoads are concerned I went to the Carlton one the other day to process a Roadworthy and get some new plates... and I was in and out in only 11 minutes which I reckon probably makes me the Usian Bolt of VicRoads Carlton.

11 minutes ago, cadete said:

Motorbike tests are a piece of piss... saw a guy fall of his bike and still pass when I got mine.

As far as VicRoads are concerned I went to the Carlton one the other day to process a Roadworthy and get some new plates... and I was in and out in only 11 minutes which I reckon probably makes me the Usian Bolt of VicRoads Carlton.

Keeping in mind motorbike tests aren't done by VicRoads operators. But when did this guy do his test? 

5 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Keeping in mind motorbike tests aren't done by VicRoads operators. But when did this guy do his test? 

Calder Raceway... only time I have ever been there was for the two tests.

He didn't completely fall off or anything he more just lost hold of the the bike to one side - It was fucken retarded though and the only reason he did was because he was real cocky bastard... one of those types that have to beat you off the line even when it means they will prob get a ticket.

Afterwards for the Multiple Choice the Testers in a indirect way made sure they everyone selected enough right answers to pass... not that I am complaining. 

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cadete said:

He didn't completely fall off or anything he more just lost hold of the the bike to one side - It was fucken retarded though and the only reason he did was because he was real cocky bastard... one of those types that have to beat you off the line even when it means they will prob get a ticket.

Afterwards for the Multiple Choice the Testers in a indirect way made sure they everyone selected enough right answers to pass... not that I am complaining. 

How long ago was this cadete? 

28 minutes ago, cadete said:

Seems literally like a lifetime ago - TBH it kind of was... but I think it must have been at least over five years ago.

Ok then that would have been before the changes occurred in obtaining a motorbike license. I got mine 4 years ago and it was so easy, I did my L's and then without ever having ridden on the road sat my full licence test 15 months later and passed no problems. I'm no expert on the intricacies of the new licensing criteria but I do know it's longer and much more stringent than it used to be, as confirmed by guys that have gone for theirs recently. 

Edited by n i k o

6 hours ago, cadete said:

det please u have a scooter licence not a motorcycle licence 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Inferno said:

TTIM:When I'm scrolling down a thread in the forum and a user changes his profile picture. This really throws me off because I can see from the profile who it is and weather it's worth reading. For example I see @Hellenic Hero profile and skip straight past it. 

Well if it's any comfort, I do the same thing with you.

4 hours ago, haz said:

@thisphantomfortress  Inferno and Hellenic Hero IP check please

We aren't the same person, but we do know each other