Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

3 hours ago, HeartFc said:

Seriously. If you want the best meal on the planet then head down to your local deli with a tenner. 

Thick crust euro rye bread with a 2 inch thick butter spread and 3 layers of hot hungarian salami. 

...and no its not just a fucking cured meat sandwich. Its life.

End of discussion lads. 

Had this every day for lunch for the first 3 weeks I was in Germany..... it only cost 2.50 Euros

• Like 2

TTIM: Playing a fuckwit in tennis yesterday- little brat cried, cheated and started screaming at me when I challenged one of his calls. Kid's Dad is one of those stereotypical tennis parents "go on, claim the point!" "You know that's not how you hit your backhand. Come on!" I win, kid starts crying, and Dad comes into to the court and starts screaming at him. 

Never enjoyed a win more.

Edited by Hellenic Hero

I played tennis for about 8 years growing up. Shit sport. 

My dad didn't give a fuck and only time I remember him coming to watch me was when he congratulated me after I lost a match. Not because he was being a nice guy but rather because he was reading the paper the whole match and just assumed I won.

Still better than one of those tennis fag dads who shit on their sons coz their wives wear the pants.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

I played tennis for about 8 years growing up. Shit sport. 

My dad didn't give a fuck and only time I remember him coming to watch me was when he congratulated me after I lost a match. Not because he was being a nice guy but rather because he was reading the paper the whole match and just assumed I won.

Still better than one of those tennis fag dads who shit on their sons coz their wives wear the pants.  

My dad doesn't watch either, but if he finds out I'm losing he goes and sits on another court and watches the other kids

TTIM: The Age - All their Journalists do is try fit their own Political Agendas into their Articles (if possible) and in all of their Social Media Posts OR they stand outside their office protesting about constant Job Cuts at Fairfax. Seriously do they not have one person on their Staff who cant realize that maybe they two are connected?

That maybe if they put out a more balanced Media Presence from them could see PPL buy their Paper or a Fairfax Subscriptions over a News Limited alternative and they might all keep their jobs.

I know someone is going to come on here and talk about how The Age is better written and reports real news... but TBH whats the point of being a Statewide Major News Paper that the Public dont see as reliable or even Newsworthy.

They cant even argue the ABC argument as they are actually trying to make a profit as a business... and they only used to do this when their Classifieds Section on Sunday performed the role of the Internet Pre-1998. (That was the reason for 50% of its sales a week.)

Edited by cadete
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cadete said:

TTIM: The Age - All their Journalists do is try fit their own Political Agendas into their Articles (if possible) and in all of their Social Media Posts OR they stand outside their office protesting about constant Job Cuts at Fairfax. Seriously do they not have one person on their Staff who cant realize that maybe they two are connected?

That maybe if they put out a more balanced Media Presence from them could see PPL buy their Paper or a Fairfax Subscriptions over a News Limited alternative and they might all keep their jobs.

I know someone is going to come on here and talk about how The Age is better written and reports real news... but TBH whats the point of being a Statewide Major News Paper that the Public dont see as reliable or even Newsworthy.

They cant even argue the ABC argument as they are actually trying to make a profit as a business... and they only used to do this when their Classifieds Section on Sunday performed the role of the Internet Pre-1998. (That was the reason for 50% of its sales a week.)

I know a girl from my uni days who is an editor there, the answer is a resounding no. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I know a girl from my uni days who is an editor there, the answer is a resounding no. 

TBH whilst the staff there are biased I don't think it is really up to them what angle they take.  Someone I used to goto school with also works at The Age and she said that alot of what is written and the perspective is driven from those above.

1 hour ago, malloy said:

TBH whilst the staff there are biased I don't think it is really up to them what angle they take.  Someone I used to goto school with also works at The Age and she said that alot of what is written and the perspective is driven from those above.

I dare say your leanings are taken into consideration as part of the interview process when they hire you.

1 hour ago, malloy said:

So if we believe the average Dedicated Age Reader's summary of Print Journalism in Australia then we should all read The Age because its not like News Ltd which is an evil corporation which is controlled throughout its many arms by Fat Cats and Conservatives who dont give a crap about the average Worker.

But what we get from The Age is another group PPL still dictating what is written in their Paper, but really who are even more against the Workers because if they were for the Workers maybe they would direct them to publish something that does not directly end with their jobs being terminated.

8 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I dare say your leanings are taken into consideration as part of the interview process when they hire you.

The have two Feeder Clubs called "Crikey" and "The Guardian Australia".

19 minutes ago, cadete said:

So if we believe the average Dedicated Age Reader's summary of Print Journalism in Australia then we should all read The Age because its not like News Ltd which is an evil corporation which is controlled throughout its many arms by Fat Cats and Conservatives who dont give a crap about the average Worker.

But what we get from The Age is another group PPL still dictating what is written in their Paper, but really who are even more against the Workers because if they were for the Workers maybe they would direct them to publish something that does not directly end with their jobs being terminated.

The have two Feeder Clubs called "Crikey" and "The Guardian Australia".

Should be renamed 'The Marxist Review"

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Should be renamed 'The Marxist Review"

Its pretty humorous because I often meet PPL from the UK who drop the line "I only read The Guardian"... and if someone did as such just with the Australian Version they would have serious problems with understanding reality.

I dont really get what The Guardian in the UK (Which of course is also Left Leaning but has Credibility as a News source) really gets out of The Guardian Australia...

Edited by cadete

12 hours ago, cadete said:

Actually this applies to all news media. Read the headlines from The Telegraph or The Australian and its all the same. Somewhere along the line news media became views media and the loss of factual reporting has meant that the print media is now running into the abyss of insolvency. Two years ago, mid-week, I picked up a copy of The Australian and it was two sheets of paper - that is 8 actual pages. For the price it just wasn't worth it. For the opinions it was worse. There are many people who work in the print media who just recycle the same piece that they wrote eons ago with a new date. Back in the 70s newspapers had basically two pages of opinion pieces to about 40+ pages of news (discounting sports). Why are they going broke? Well the writers are not that good, they are not that informed (or at least no more informed than the average person) and certainly not that witty.

The downside of this is that people become ever more tribal and tribes do not make a civilisation.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Baka1 said:

Even then I'm still the only one with an aleague membership.... "A leagues shit bro" x10573639482

Exactly this.

I've been getting involved at the junior level for the first time this season and nearly all the fathers are the same although nearly all the kids have either team.

Just need the death of the Eurosnobs to increase.

26 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Exactly this.

I've been getting involved at the junior level for the first time this season and nearly all the fathers are the same although nearly all the kids have either team.

Just need the death of the Eurosnobs to increase.

Out of the blokes I play with, the majority are Victory fans or members with one or two eurosnobs, but the kids I coach all either support City or Victory quite strongly or are completely apathetic to football and are just there because their parents are sick of them sitting on their ipads all day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baka1 said:

Even then I'm still the only one with an aleague membership.... "A leagues shit bro" x10573639482

Get this all the time.

But will always be more attached to this club then any overseas club <3 (probably even more then the socceroos too tbh)

• Like 5

23 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Out of the blokes I play with, the majority are Victory fans or members with one or two eurosnobs, but the kids I coach all either support City or Victory quite strongly or are completely apathetic to football and are just there because their parents are sick of them sitting on their ipads all day.

Same in my team tbh, a lot of big Victory fans, a few big City fans, and a couple are not interested at all. No eurosnobs which is good.

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I miss my puma Cameroon sleeveless was so good 

I always wore my Long Sleeve Celtic Cotton 1967 Kit to training.

Provided just the right cover for the Perth Winter. Its shit players wear those dumb skin things now days instead of sleeves.

1 minute ago, cadete said:

I always wore my Long Sleeve Celtic Cotton 1967 Kit to training.

Provided just the right cover for the Perth Winter. Its shit players wear those dumb skin things now days instead of sleeves.

I've got one of those too, not even a Celtic fan lol, think a mate gave it to me. 1971 I think mine is from?

3 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

TTIM; the way the off season news cycle of European friendlies is flooding my news feed. I don't care if lukaku scored against some no name Scandinavian team, the "clasico"  played in miami means less than nothing to me. Is it just me or has it been significantly worse this off season? 

It's the A-League off-season and the fact that we haven't made an exciting signing yet, and knowing that clubs in other countries that were still playing after we finished are starting again two months before us...i.e. you're bored shitless.