Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

2XL that must be a TTIM. Cut back on that pita.

Tbf I fit into L and XL quite comfortably, it's only when the item is "slim fit" that shits me because I'm broad and stocky. Started gym though so should be ripped as by the next aleague season hahahaha

• Like 1

TTIM: I was a massive fag and watched the eurovision final. Some autistic retard wearing an oversized suit won and acted like a complete spastic. I think he was convinced he sang some sort of masterpiece, what a fucking poofta. Bring on the islamic invasion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HeartFc said:

TTIM: I was a massive fag and watched the eurovision final. Some autistic retard wearing an oversized suit won and acted like a complete spastic. I think he was convinced he sang some sort of masterpiece, what a fucking poofta. Bring on the islamic invasion.

This is why I live, sigged lmao post of 2017

8 hours ago, Baka1 said:

Tbf I fit into L and XL quite comfortably, it's only when the item is "slim fit" that shits me because I'm broad and stocky. Started gym though so should be ripped as by the next aleague season hahahaha

what u on cuz? Test prop and tren a you muncher

Edited by strider
baka steroids et al
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

"Cultural appropriation" is the worst SJW concept. They're priming us for for racial conclaves at this rate.

Couldn't agree more. 

Cultural appropriation is actually a good thing and the key to a successful multicultural society.

Also fuck did I read: "QUT Professor of Intellectual Property and Innovation Matthew Rimmer said the latest controversy highlights the need for reform to laws that better protect Indigenous intellectual property in Australian and abroad." 

I didn't realise you could patent sticks for thousands of years. How the fuck does this guy get a job as a professor of intellectual property, and do people seriously pay to go to a tier 200 university like QUT.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Tesla said:

Couldn't agree more. 

Cultural appropriation is actually a good thing and the key to a successful multicultural society.

Also fuck did I read: "QUT Professor of Intellectual Property and Innovation Matthew Rimmer said the latest controversy highlights the need for reform to laws that better protect Indigenous intellectual property in Australian and abroad." 

I didn't realise you could patent sticks for thousands of years. How the fuck does this guy get a job as a professor of intellectual property, and do people seriously pay to go to a tier 200 university like QUT.

AFAIK no other culture had invented a boomerang.

6 hours ago, Tesla said:

Couldn't agree more. 

The Roman's built an empire on "appropriation." Fantastic soldiers and engineers, but they couldn't touch the Greeks, Egyptians and various Persian regime's when it came to culture, arts and religion. So they just conquered them and took the bits that worked. It is so counter productive and just seems to be another event in the neo-Marxist (call them what they are SJW doesn't do it justice) oppression Olympics that seems to be going on atm.

6 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

+ wogs giving their kids wog names down here, poor tomislav etc 

I find the made up or misspelt names that Anglos call their kids worse... at least with Wogs there are cultural/religious reasons for the names they chose.

(Also I dated a Greek Girl and they were big on following the tradition of naming their kids after Grandparents, However I quickly learnt that with a lot of Greeks twenty five or younger they just use an Anglicised version of their name.) 

A good example of something that irks me is some Anglo Aussies naming a Kid: Jaxon...  The kid's name meaning therefore is "Son of Jack (John really if we are honest)".

Then on top of that they have misspelled it in a crap way with the adding of a "X" for to make it sound more interesting (But it just looks bogan) and even then its still just the misspelled version of a popular American Surname/Place Name that has no relevance at all in Australia.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

+ wogs giving their kids wog names down here, poor tomislav etc 

If it is Tomislav such as in this example they'll usually just abbreviate it anyway to Tom or Tommy. More often than not though the kids are quite proud to have the wog name even though they won't use it as often for obvious affiliation reasons. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cadete said:

I find the made up or misspelt names that Anglos call their kids worse... at least with Wogs there are cultural/religious reasons for the names they chose.

(Also I dated a Greek Girl and they were big on following the tradition of naming their kids after Grandparents, However I quickly learnt that with a lot of Greeks twenty five or younger they just use an Anglicised version of their name.) 

A good example of something that irks me is some Anglo Aussies naming a Kid: Jaxon...

First of the name is misspelled in a crap way and even then its the misspelled version of a popular American Surname/Place Name that has no relevance at all in Australia.

I agree with you. I see nothing at all wrong with people recognising their heritage with traditional names and naming patterns. You've pretty much fallen at the first hurdle of a multi-cultural society if you can't accommodate that. It does irk me on occasions when my wife's heritage naming pattern can't readily fit on some official form or other.

Are those awful "Jaxon" type names exclusively "Anglo" as in English - I'm not sure about that. But whatever, they may be quaint in kindergarten but I'm not sure that they fit an adult very well.

Are there any really "Aussie" names? I recall a few boys with the name "Tasman" a few years ago, but I can't think of another quintessential Australian name.

21 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I agree with you. I see nothing at all wrong with people recognising their heritage with traditional names and naming patterns. You've pretty much fallen at the first hurdle of a multi-cultural society if you can't accommodate that. It does irk me on occasions when my wife's heritage naming pattern can't readily fit on some official form or other.

Are those awful "Jaxon" type names exclusively "Anglo" as in English - I'm not sure about that. But whatever, they may be quaint in kindergarten but I'm not sure that they fit an adult very well.

Are there any really "Aussie" names? I recall a few boys with the name "Tasman" a few years ago, but I can't think of another quintessential Australian name.

I dont think there really are any Aussie names... maybe names of Great Australians can sometimes be given out.

However, its pretty stupid that PPL will go out there way with these new names because they want a different name for their child when in reality Jaxon or Cayley will actually encounter fat more PPL there own age throughout their lives with their own names than those with the "common names" of Peter or Mary.

Edited by cadete

9 hours ago, cadete said:

TTIM: PPL who give their children shit names... in particular boys names.

Couldn't agree.  Shits me to tears as a school teacher when you see some bullshit name on the roll; it really makes you wonder about the quality of the parent, and sends off alarm bells about the kid being a bit of a spud as a result.

• Like 1

On 2017-5-18 at 10:13 AM, cadete said:

A good example of something that irks me is some Anglo Aussies naming a Kid: Jaxon...  The kid's name meaning therefore is "Son of Jack (John really if we are honest)".

Then on top of that they have misspelled it in a crap way with the adding of a "X" for to make it sound more interesting (But it just looks bogan) and even then its still just the misspelled version of a popular American Surname/Place Name that has no relevance at all in Australia.

This is creepy. I was making this exact same argument last night to a mate. We were even debating the exact same name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baka1 said:

TTIM: Your captain who takes every penalty and has a shocking conversion rate (missed one today again).

TTIM: No one else having the balls to step

up and take it. 

Your coach needs to step in unless he is lacking balls also.

21 minutes ago, Baka1 said:

TTIM: Day time road works on the Monash.

TTIM: Getting off at the next exit only to be hit with more road works. 

The Monash has sucked for over a decade when they changed the bloody Speed Limit to 80 in the parts nearer to the city...

TTIM : lefty pseudo economics articles, usually appearing in Cad's favourite newspaper, that claim certain  jobs or other sources of income contribute nothing to society, when in actuality there is almost no (Or certainly none I can think of off the top of my head) actual case that fits that criteria. 

Feel free to try convince me otherwise. 

23 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

TTIM: getting used to new glasses. I feel drunk but without the improved self-confidence and sense of adventure.

Ha, given your avatar, I'm thinking you should take some of George's advice - say (and do) the opposite of what you're thinking. Always worked for the great man 😉

Edited by mattyh001