Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

16 hours ago, Tesla said:

I know lol, that's what I was thinking, unexpected bonanza. I actually don't care about the bud, have had a Q since like new year and probably hadn't even smoked half, probably stale and I won't be replacing it anyway. They can have it. 

More triggered about my darts and them spilling my drink everywhere and not knowing if I had anything else in there worth taking. 

My wife always makes sure we hide our darts these days when we are doing stuff... its just too expensive now for two chain smokers to give them away to annoying strangers these days. (Obviously friends are different.)

And in the Inner North if you sit down somewhere and light up a dart - You stand a very good chance of being asked.

Edited by cadete

9 hours ago, Baka1 said:

TTIM: 6/17 players rocking up for training tonight

As soon as temp drops below 10° enthusiasm and commitment wanes. 

Good solution a hot soup after training and a few shots of burning liquor.

Better solution is playing in the 3rds or a local church league team and never rocking up to training. 

(I attempted that and still managed to miss half the season by pulling a hammy running to catch the train B))

Edited by HeartFc
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

Better solution is playing in the 3rds or a local church league team and never rocking up to training. 

(I attempted that and still managed to miss half the season by pulling a hammy running to catch the train B))

Yes but what if your a easily frustrated guy that detests playing with spuds. 

Nothing worse than getting to a game and knowing you will be smashed.

6 hours ago, Jovan said:

Yes but what if your a easily frustrated guy that detests playing with spuds. 

Nothing worse than getting to a game and knowing you will be smashed.

Yeah thats true, I played a season with a bunch blokes who looked like they had cerebral palsy when they "passed" the ball.

Solution: Play for the top team in a church league for example and you can win the golden boot playing at right back. Unfortunately I played for a shit team and my hammy and back are now fucked so I will never lift the Jesus Christ Cup or whatever those geeks play for.

26 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

Yeah thats true, I played a season with a bunch blokes who looked like they had cerebral palsy when they "passed" the ball.

Solution: Play for the top team in a church league for example and you can win the golden boot playing at right back. Unfortunately I played for a shit team and my hammy and back are now fucked so I will never lift the Jesus Christ Cup or whatever those geeks play for.

I've spent too many seasons now in Vicsoccer. Some good sides and some very very poor.

This season were flying. 

11 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

FWIW the churches league is actually a decent standard at the higher levels. I play in the top division and it's actually not bad. That being said I'm a total spud so your idea of what's decent is probably different to mine

True.

20 minutes ago, Begbie said:

Div 1 mornings. Top of the league at the moment so hopefully will be joining you next year

Long way to go but good luck. It's a bit of a jump up in quality. We could get drawn in the cup. I'm always good for a beer (even with the 10am KOs).

6 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Long way to go but good luck. It's a bit of a jump up in quality. We could get drawn in the cup. I'm always good for a beer (even with the 10am KOs).

We only started last season so had to start at the bottom. Played most of the prem teams in friendlies or cups and usually held our own. I'll keep an eye out for cup fixtures mate

• Like 1

TTIM: Those gay little spinning things that every brain dead retarded kid is playing with these days. It requires absolutely no skill and most don't even look at it while they play with it. One hand has the spinner the other is holding the iPhone their fat heads are buried into. I give western civilisation 2 more generations before world war 3. Hopefully I can stockpile a few rifles and teach my grandkids how to shoot. 

(and don't even get me started on the adults using them, you've gotta a special kind of sexual frustrated micro penised degenerate fuck to be playing with those)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeartFc said:

TTIM: Those gay little spinning things that every brain dead retarded kid is playing with these days. It requires absolutely no skill and most don't even look at it while they play with it. One hand has the spinner the other is holding the iPhone their fat heads are buried into. I give western civilisation 2 more generations before world war 3. Hopefully I can stockpile a few rifles and teach my grandkids how to shoot. 

(and don't even get me started on the adults using them, you've gotta a special kind of sexual frustrated micro penised degenerate fuck to be playing with those)

Even more so the creator isn't making money from them, they're made for kids with autism, ADHD etc.

2 hours ago, HeartFc said:

Don't see any difference between these kids and any adult who impulsively checks their phone every 5 seconds imo. Which these days we're almost all guilty of. 

Edited by Hackett
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Hackett said:

Don't see any difference between these kids and any adult who impulsively checks their phone every 5 seconds imo. Which these days we're almost all guilty of. 

I had a massive issue with it so I downgraded to an iphone 4s. Now I just get so frustrated cause its a piece of crap that I don't use it nearly as often. Don't have any apps besides messenger on it either so no real incentive to use it anymore.

19 minutes ago, haz said:

Even more so the creator isn't making money from them, they're made for kids with autism, ADHD etc.

And ADHD is almost always mainly as an excuse used for Parents when they discover their kid is a dumb kent and not worth the school fees at a Grammar School...

• Like 4

5 hours ago, HeartFc said:

No different to yo yos

5 hours ago, cadete said:

How and Why?

Maybe it's just because I rarely smoke it and so I have no tolerance, but all it does for me is knock me out, which isn't a bad thing, but there are cheaper/easier ways to achieve the same thing.

25 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Maybe it's just because I rarely smoke it and so I have no tolerance, but all it does for me is knock me out, which isn't a bad thing, but there are cheaper/easier ways to achieve the same thing.

Is Chroming a Maco Custom or something?

TTIM: Charities getting my name off a list somewhere and then sending me trinkets as a "free gift" through the post exhorting me to donate in return.

Turns me right off. Into the bin go the trinkets and no donation is forthcoming.

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Because we are a culturally European nation. as the culture wars intensify we are building closer bonds with our fellow western nations. We are separated by geography which is basically irrelevant in the age of the internet 

Half the Euros confuse us with Austria, and the other half can't even get that close. Visiting Europe now, and particularly the UK, I think my feelings are probably much like those of people of British ancestry born in the colonies - with a British heritage but an Australian consciousness I don't really belong in either place.

Anyway, apparently we're in the song contest because of our Associate Membership of the European Broadcasting Union. Eurovision is part of EBU, and also runs other competitions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_(network)