Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

56 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

footy clubs that have rev up audio after a goal
+ dance cam shit at quarter breaks 

Personal favorite of mine is a very poor quality Lion's Roar sound played over the old PA system at Piranha Park whenever Coburg kick a goal.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2017 at 10:11 PM, Jimmy said:

While we're talking road spastics: Had an indian bloke tbone my gf's car the other day. We were driving along bell street and the bloke came out of a stop sign and ran straight into the side of us. He claims it was somehow our fault and tries to intimidate the missus. I tell him he's telling fibs because be probably doesn't have insurance. This is later confirmed. Cops and insurance company obvs back us. Now the cunt has to pay for $6k+ in damages that he almost definitely can't afford as he was driving some rusty 1992 Toyota (that he'll also have to fix) and was wearing a coles uniform. Bloke had the nerve to ring me the next day and say that he'll get the car fixed up, just as long as we leave it to him and don't go through the insurance company. I'm glad his life is probably ruined. Get insurance next time cunt.

I had an 18 year old rear end me and thought he could get it sorted by buying a bumper off ebay for $90 without paint application and thought he would be all sweet (and for me to attach and paint myself) fucking dweeb cunt

12 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

footy clubs that have rev up audio after a goal
+ dance cam shit at quarter breaks 

They also had an announcer telling PPL that could have a photo with that idiot Cat Man at HT.

Then you get metal detected every break when you go for a smoke by Security, get told to watch yourself when you call the umpire a "mug"...  I am starting think attending AFL is just not worth bothering with anymore.

If the AFL had not fucked up the VFA so badly, I honestly think droves would have returned back to a league where a Supporter can actually support their team as a free man.

However, they did fuck up the VFA and in five years time I probably won't have Port Melbourne (Finance Problems due to the reduction of Pokies Profits) or a WAFL side in East Freo (The WA Commission wants to merge us with South despite that easily being the biggest WAFL match).

And so I will be left watching an Umpire who will not pay holding the ball for entire afternoon in a Football Equivalent of North Korea if I want to attend a match in Melbourne.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, cadete said:

They also had an announcer telling PPL that could have a photo with that idiot Cat Man at HT.

Then you get metal detected every break when you go for a smoke by Security, get told to watch yourself when you call the umpire a "mug"...  I am starting think attending AFL is just not worth bothering with anymore.

If the AFL had not fucked up the VFA so badly, I honestly think droves would have returned back to a league where a Supporter can actually support their team as a free man.

However, they did fuck up the VFA and in five years time I probably won't have Port Melbourne (Finance Problems due to the reduction of Pokies Profits) or a WAFL side in East Freo (The WA Commission wants to merge us with South despite that easily being the biggest WAFL match).

And so I will be left watching an Umpire who will not pay holding the ball for entire afternoon in a Football Equivalent of North Korea if I want to attend a match in Melbourne.

What's going on with the Borough mate? Quite confusing.

5 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

What's going on with the Borough mate? Quite confusing.

The reason Port has been able to be competitive with the AFL Reserve sides in recent years is because they receive a higher Salary Cap which meant the club was able to pay Ex AFL Players through the Club's profits from the Pokies Machines it owned. 

There are a number of factors why... but basically we now are getting a fourth of the profits we did two years ago which means we could go the way of the other Stand Alone Clubs with no Pokies Money like Frankston etc etc.

And yes for the record I hate Pokies... however its hard to be Anti Pokies if it means the end of your Football Club from Birth.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Just now, cadete said:

The reason Port has been able to be competitive with the AFL Reserve sides in recent years is because they receive a higher Salary Cap which meant the club was able to pay Ex AFL Players through the Club's profits from the Pokies Machines it owned. 

There are a number of factors why... but basically we now are getting a fourth of the profits we did two years ago which means we could go the way of the other Stand Alone Clubs with no Pokies Money like Frankston etc etc.

How are Port going recently mate? Has it had an impact?

1 minute ago, Hellenic Hero said:

How are Port going recently mate? Has it had an impact?

We have won two out of two against pretty crappy opponents... but a lot of our better players are taking reduced wages out of love of the club (One even came out of VFL retirement) - So its not a sustainable model.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cadete said:

Pretty much exactly how I feel about AFL nowadays.

Like you say, the VFL/VFA also isn't in the best state at the moment, especially for those who support standalone teams, but personally I get considerably more enjoyment out of going to watch Collingwood play at Victoria Park in the VFL than I do watching them at the G in the AFL. The AFL product is just so watered down and Americanised now, not to mention the PC police that are ready to jump on anyone who shows any passion in the stands.

• Like 1

Just now, cadete said:

We have won two out of two against pretty crappy opponents... but a lot of our better players are taking reduced wages out of love of the club (One even came out of VFL retirement) - So its not a sustainable model.

I have been pretty slack at getting to Port games now that I don't live there so I am probably part of the problem. But it is incredibly sad watching the last of the VFL's independent clubs being strangled out.

7 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I have been pretty slack at getting to Port games now that I don't live there so I am probably part of the problem. But it is incredibly sad watching the last of the VFL's independent clubs being strangled out.

TBH I have been saying for over five years now we should leave with what we still have and try join a Local Semi-Pro League even if its in another region of Melbourne because we would be playing Real Clubs and be able to remain at a much higher level than if we keep trying to play catch up in the VFL.

At this rate we will push it to breaking point and eventually end dead and then later on as as a Amatuer Club like Prahan or Brunswick (Or even Fitzroy) being beaten by Tories playing for their school sides plus you cant even bloody drink at VAFL games.

Edited by cadete

4 minutes ago, cadete said:

TBH I have been saying for over five years now we should leave with what we still have and try join a Local Semi-Pro League even if its in another region of Melbourne because we would be playing Real Clubs and be able to remain at a much higher level than if we keep trying to play catch up in the VFL.

At this rate we will push it to breaking point and eventually end dead and then later on as as a Amatuer Club like Prahan or Brunswick (Or even Fitzroy) being beaten by Tories playing for their school sides plus you cant even bloody drink at VAFL games.

When the on-field Performance starts to diminish that's definitely the only option, the issue now is that we're still competitive enough to justify remaining in the league. 

Edited by Hackett

7 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

TTIM: People who eat fish at their desk at work. Its bad enough bringing it and having it in the kitchen, but at ya desk... come on

Kitchen is bad enough if your floor isn't that big... a year or so ago at my office this bloke would fry up a stinky tuna toastie every day at 2PM until there were eventually so many complaints that he got deservedly banned from doing so because he was fucking the office up for the rest of the day.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

TTIM: The Tards making the GF. If they dick a win against the Smurfs, life will be hell.

*add to that- Wearing a City cap at a Tards game. The whole back row north terrace or whatever they are called launched into a "There's only one team in Melbourne" chant when they saw me.

Edited by Hellenic Hero

1 minute ago, Embee said:

Deserved it in my opinion. 

I'll never understand why people feel the need to wear their team's gear when they go to a neutral game.

It was more to piss off the Victory mates I was going with TBH.

Nonetheless, it amused me to have 400 of them chanting at me!

10 minutes ago, Embee said:

Deserved it in my opinion. 

I'll never understand why people feel the need to wear their team's gear when they go to a neutral game.

Or the lowest of lows: a NHL Jersey/Cap (For a team from a place you have no real connection with) to watch a Livestream of a NHL game at a Pub at 11am on a Sunday... :facepalm:

Most likely coupled with a Raspberry Flavoured Vape Device for HT.

Edited by cadete

5 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Somewhere like say; Minnesota? 

Can confirm I have been to more Minnesota Wild games in person than livestreams (ie 1). Also, I own neither a cap nor a jersey ;)

And hey, at least I've actually been there, more than you can probably say for the hoards of Blackhawks fans you get down here.

Edited by Embee

25 minutes ago, Embee said:

I own neither a jersey or a cap ;)

And hey, at least I've actually been there, more than you can probably say for the hoards of Blackhawks fans you get down here.

The worst is the amount of Vancouver shit...

I lived over there in 1990 and it was only when I came to my school that there was as many Canucks fans as Montreal fans out of the boys in my class when I decided to support the local team (Prior to that it was 6 to 5).

I stuck with the side when I came home the only way I could in the early 90's which consisted of my looking up dated sports results in the Herald where we constantly always trailed Colorado in the Standings and then threw away a Stanley Cup despite having Pavel Bure... this being around the same time I also got to see Geelong and NUFC being consistent Bridesmaids. My father even got some family friends in Vancouver to send me a Black Canucks Cap and Pendant.

Now I have to see PPL everywhere wearing these shitty Green and Blue Orca Canuck Crap acting like lifelong fans who I pretty sure they never supported the team when they wore Black or threw away a Stanley Cup.

Then there is the fact that the worst thing about Vancouver in 1990 was when I saw a Orca in bloody captivity so I dont know why PPL want to wear something that reminds them of probably the most Un-PC thing (Which in turns translates to "Un-Vancouver-like thing" or most "Un-Canadian thing") to happen in that place in a very long time.

And also Canuck literally means Canadian.. 

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

TTIM: The ripped jeans trend.

Never understood why people pay full price for half a pair of jeans.

It seems like an expensive way to look like a hobo. 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/04/26/you-can-now-have-your-own-designer-pair-of-mud-covered-jeans.html 

ripped jeans are so 2003. Fake mud is all the rage now

Edited by GreenSeater
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GreenSeater said:

TTIM: 13 Reasons Why. I haven't even watched a single episode but I can already tell you the entire storyline from start to finish thanks to nobody on Facebook being able to shut up about it.

Netflix in general is being controlled by some SJW these days as shown by a lot of the new programs being made...

Even my wife who is apolitical but still more to the pinko side of the spectrum than myself rolled her eyes when she saw the new addition called: Dear White People.

1 minute ago, cadete said:

Netflix in general is being controlled by some SJW these days as shown by a lot of the new programs being made...

Even my wife who is apolitical but still more to the pinko side of the spectrum than myself rolled her eyes when she saw the new addition called: Dear White People.

TTIM: The new trend of blaming "Alt-Right trolls" every time a shit TV series is given a less that average rating. 

3 minutes ago, Hackett said:

TTIM: The new trend of blaming "Alt-Right trolls" every time a shit TV series is given a less that average rating. 

So true...

It's a load crap, I mean even when I did vote Liberal for year it did not mean all the Novels in particular  (I read a lot due to Insomnia), plus Movies, TV Programs and a lot of the Musicians I listened to are obviously more likely to be Pinkos than anything else. It is something you just accept from the Arts.

2 hours ago, cadete said:

Have to admit, I did have an almighty :droy: when I saw that come up. But Netflix will continue to receive my money whilst they keep making stuff like House of Cards. That new trailer today has me 100% aroused

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Have to admit, I did have an almighty :droy: when I saw that come up. But Netflix will continue to receive my money whilst they keep making stuff like House of Cards. That new trailer today has me 100% aroused

I kinda feel that even though it's still more watchable than most shows that they should have kept it shorter like the Original Series.

23 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

So pumped for that.

7 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Wogs :droy:

Swear fucking cunts must just watch you in car parks to see who is smoking cause always get dodgy cunts asking for a dart. Except this time they just helped themselves. Fucking brand new 40 pack as well. 

Edited by Tesla

3 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Cunt hit the jackpot scoring budds

I know lol, that's what I was thinking, unexpected bonanza. I actually don't care about the bud, have had a Q since like new year and probably hadn't even smoked half, probably stale and I won't be replacing it anyway. They can have it. 

More triggered about my darts and them spilling my drink everywhere and not knowing if I had anything else in there worth taking. 

Edited by Tesla