Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

35 minutes ago, n i k o said:

And what's your opinion over those ten years? 

It's a very good looking and nice town for a Non Coastal Regional Centre in Australia... close to the best from what I have seen.

However I am an Inner City person... also I have heard some pretty bad Nightlife Stories about the place.

But as a general rule it usually produces some pretty good people - It is a very Catholic place so being Catholic so I have meet a lot PPL throughout the years from Ballarat due to Family Reasons and the Catholic College I attended at University and their have been few idiots in that bunch. (Also generally blokes from The Rat dont mind a punt).

Edited by cadete

15 hours ago, haz said:

Have you contacted any of the companies back as to why you weren't successful? If you've been applying for that long there's probably a common problem/error.

Me thinks it's either my age or availabilities. Most places in retail and whatnot hire 15-17 year olds usually. Anyways, I got invited to a group interview 🙌🙌🙌

9 minutes ago, Baka1 said:

Me thinks it's either my age or availabilities. Most places in retail and whatnot hire 15-17 year olds usually. Anyways, I got invited to a group interview 🙌🙌🙌

Make sure you wear something a little out of the ordinary, that way you'll be easier to remember. Nothing too out there, but just something subtly different to the usual. Arseless chaps have always worked for me.

On 21/04/2017 at 3:25 PM, Tesla said:

TTIM : more anti artificial sweetener propaganda being peddled by the media who are clearly controlled by the powerful sugar lobby. 

Can you debunk this study for me? Strokes probably the one thing that scares me the most, am actually thinking of going to full strength soft drink in light of this news. 

22 hours ago, hedaik said:

Can you debunk this study for me? Strokes probably the one thing that scares me the most, am actually thinking of going to full strength soft drink in light of this news. 

I think this article is a good start https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/apr/21/link-dementia-stroke-diet-drinks-artificial-sweeteners-study

Not sure where I can get the full text of the study but I'd be interested to see wheat artificial sweetener was tested, they're not all the same, and if you were really worried you could just avoid that one. However it sounds like it was just based on a questionnaire with things like 'how often do you drink artificially sweetened drinks' which means that information doesn't exist (and if that is what it's based on then the whole thing is flawed TBH).

Even if there was health risks with artificial sweetener you have to balance that against the health risks of too much sugar.

At the end of the day, media just reports what creates a good headline that will generate clicks, I'd never read too much into any news article about a scientific study TBH without looking into it yourself.

It's actually kind of annoying because making people question artificial sweetener slows the proliferation of it.

Edited by Tesla

TTIM: Obvious one here but... The Logies (and Aussie "Celebs' in general.)  What an abortion of an event. Watching a bunch of fucking mostly talentless self obsessed shit cunts gather around and toot each others micro penis horns for 2 hours then drink and snort themselves silly thinking we actually give a flying fuck. The sad thing is people watch it and care who wins that glorified toilet roll holder. If ISIS bombed it I wouldn't flinch. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

TTIM: Obvious one here but... The Logies (and Aussie "Celebs' in general.)  What an abortion of an event. Watching a bunch of fucking mostly talentless self obsessed shit cunts gather around and toot each others micro penis horns for 2 hours then drink and snort themselves silly thinking we actually give a flying fuck. The sad thing is people watch it and care who wins that glorified toilet roll holder. If ISIS bombed it I wouldn't flinch. 

Liar, it would vindicate what you've been saying 

• Like 2

TTIM: The flemington road roundabout

Image result for flemington road roundabout

As someone who dives this regularly, the amount of near misses i have whilst driving is unbelievable.

People just constantly have no idea what lane to stay in, most of the time are just hovering in between two lanes. Its a shit show.

I wish their was a better way they could organise this stretch of road  but i don't know how they'd do it

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

As someone who dives this regularly, the amount of near misses i have whilst driving is unbelievable.

People just constantly have no idea what lane to stay in, most of the time are just hovering in between two lanes. Its a shit show.

I wish their was a better way they could organise this stretch of road  but i don't know how they'd do it

Try living in the outer east and having to put up with this clusterfuck every day in Mooroolbark.rQVvnRr.jpg

20 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

There is your problem which can be translated to any major road in this city. I regularly drive over the West Gate bridge and on Footscray road. This year alone I have had near misses with pricks that drift into adjacent lanes - where I am. Then there those who think that they are Michael Schumacher. 

On 25/04/2017 at 10:33 AM, kingofhearts said:

FWIW besides the buildings I am pretty this setup in this photo has not changed in like 30 years...

While we're talking road spastics: Had an indian bloke tbone my gf's car the other day. We were driving along bell street and the bloke came out of a stop sign and ran straight into the side of us. He claims it was somehow our fault and tries to intimidate the missus. I tell him he's telling fibs because be probably doesn't have insurance. This is later confirmed. Cops and insurance company obvs back us. Now the cunt has to pay for $6k+ in damages that he almost definitely can't afford as he was driving some rusty 1992 Toyota (that he'll also have to fix) and was wearing a coles uniform. Bloke had the nerve to ring me the next day and say that he'll get the car fixed up, just as long as we leave it to him and don't go through the insurance company. I'm glad his life is probably ruined. Get insurance next time cunt.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jimmy said:

While we're talking road spastics: Had an indian bloke tbone my gf's car the other day. We were driving along bell street and the bloke came out of a stop sign and ran straight into the side of us. He claims it was somehow our fault and tries to intimidate the missus. I tell him he's telling fibs because be probably doesn't have insurance. This is later confirmed. Cops and insurance company obvs back us. Now the cunt has to pay for $6k+ in damages that he almost definitely can't afford as he was driving some rusty 1992 Toyota (that he'll also have to fix) and was wearing a coles uniform. Bloke had the nerve to ring me the next day and say that he'll get the car fixed up, just as long as we leave it to him and don't go through the insurance company. I'm glad his life is probably ruined. Get insurance next time cunt.

I hate these PPL...

I had some idiot hit me in his new Commodore on my Scooter a few years back, bloke profusely apologised and admitted it was his fault and gave me his number saying he would sort it out. I ring the bloke up and asked to go through Insurance but he said he can sort it out outside of Insurance... however (despite him being Italian) when I tell him the quote I had for repairing a Vespa he drops dead in his tracks....

A moment of silence occurs, and his dad grabs the phone and starts being all pushy and starts claiming his son shouldn't pay because he is just a kid when his son is twenty fucken one. So apparently he is a kid even though all over his Facebook where he keeps calling himself an Entrepreneur, boasting about passing some Entrepreneur Tafe Course and posting multiple pictures of himself getting some toxic shiny suits made for him in Thailand for his Entrepreneur lifestyle.  

Anyway the Dad starts saying he's prepared to go all the way to Court because he knows some Lawyer, so I told him four of the six members of my immediate family are Lawyers and he can speak to my Insurance Company instead of his son seeing as his only a kid at twenty one and its clearly Pappa and not his son who brought and maintains the car.

He yells at me and hangs up on me and says its not over... I got my Insurance a few weeks later.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 4

Driving my hq Kingswood  in the early 90s my insurance cost more than my car and rego. I knew alot of mates who chose not to insure. I never had an accident and needed to claim in those years but thinking back now best choices my old man forced me to make.

• Like 1

On 26/04/2017 at 11:05 PM, Jimmy said:

Insurance company reckon it's now their responsibility to get his money.

Yeah that's how it works when you have comprehensive cover. Even if it isn't your fault, it's easier to just go through your insurance as you don't pay excess or have any premium increase if it isn't your fault and they handle everything. They just get the other party or their insurance to reimburse them some inflated amount adding admin fees etc on top of the repairs, not your concern anyway. 

That's why it's good to have a decent insurance as I have heard some of the cheaper ones like bingle will do dodgies and still try get an excess when it isn't your fault. 

Fwiw I got ripped off on my first car as it got written off and it wasn't my fault but the guy was bring a cunt not answering his phone or his door and in the end when I went through my insurance with AAMI they said they couldn't get a hold of him and so I had to pay the excess. I highly doubt they didn't recover their costs from him tbh, would have chased him to bankruptcy, I just assume AAMI where being dodgy tbh. You get what you pay for with the cheap insurers I guess. 

Made a significant profit on my next car getting written off like 6 months later when it wasn't my fault again, so can't complain about getting ripped off on the first. 

Funny how luck works, had 2 cars written off with neither being my fault in my first year of driving and since then I've driven the same car for years with very few issues. On the flip side both were really bad crashes and I guess I was lucky to be completely uninjured in both. 

Edited by Tesla

On 26/04/2017 at 7:53 PM, cadete said:

FWIW besides the buildings I am pretty this setup in this photo has not changed in like 30 years...

It did about 5 years ago when they went from Give Way signs to traffic lights and some of the lanes were altered. Most of the issues at the roundabout stem from people not knowing what lane they need to be in, then traffic being held up when they stop in the middle of the roundabout and try to change lanes. 

1 hour ago, hedaik said:

It did about 5 years ago when they went from Give Way signs to traffic lights and some of the lanes were altered. Most of the issues at the roundabout stem from people not knowing what lane they need to be in, then traffic being held up when they stop in the middle of the roundabout and try to change lanes. 

The lanes were also bad... also when I was kid they made a big deal about changing the flags every few weeks.

Edited by cadete

TTIM: I know I've said this before...but TTIM include dealing with Centrelink and Department of Human "Services" on behalf of my mother-in-law. This one doesn't involve me, but is an absolute classic. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-28/centrelink-apologises-over-letter-riddled-with-errors/8479552

FMD, what a shambles this Government department is!

36 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Just to get @bt50 excited

Haha Tucker's catches him out quite a bit on the fact thing, but he also kind of snuffs out his wins by talking over him every time. Pretty much what he usually does.

Basically, what Bill says is probably correct, but its not fact like hes tries to claim it is.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Haha Tucker's catches him out quite a bit on the fact thing, but he also kind of snuffs out his wins by talking over him every time. Pretty much what he usually does.

Basically, what Bill says is probably correct, but its not fact like hes tries to claim it is.

Its hard to accept that the world is warming if you believe it is 6000 years old

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM: I know I've said this before...but TTIM include dealing with Centrelink and Department of Human "Services" on behalf of my mother-in-law. This one doesn't involve me, but is an absolute classic. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-28/centrelink-apologises-over-letter-riddled-with-errors/8479552

FMD, what a shambles this Government department is!

While you wont get any arguments from me that most government departments are a shambles, this one is particularly bad because it is engineered to be bad to save money.

You basically have to be pretty desperate to bother with them, and that's the goal. I suppose if it saves money it's not the worst thing but frankly government inefficiency annoys me more than welfare so I'd rather they save money by making the department more efficient.

2 hours ago, Tesla said:

While you wont get any arguments from me that most government departments are a shambles, this one is particularly bad because it is engineered to be bad to save money.

You basically have to be pretty desperate to bother with them, and that's the goal. I suppose if it saves money it's not the worst thing but frankly government inefficiency annoys me more than welfare so I'd rather they save money by making the department more efficient.

Fucking oath. This irks me way more than it seems to irk you. Welfare should be the easiest thing in the world to get provided you actually need it. The whole point of it is to be a safety net for when people fuck up. If the cunts want to save money just make the requirements more strict, don't fuck people around who actually need it. This system let's patient/cluey dodgey cunts get the doll and dodge ever having to actually work, whilist the disabled and elderly who are overwhelmed by it all have to eat cat food.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Fucking oath. This irks me way more than it seems to irk you. Welfare should be the easiest thing in the world to get provided you actually need it. The whole point of it is to be a safety net for when people fuck up. If the cunts want to save money just make the requirements more strict, don't fuck people around who actually need it. This system let's patient/cluey dodgey cunts get the doll and dodge ever having to actually work, whilist the disabled and elderly who are overwhelmed by it all have to eat cat food.

Pretty much how I see it too