Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

6 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Ha, I gain strength from your hate and cringes!

Seriously top cringes are surely Barcelona, Chelsea, Juventus, Manchester x 2. All filled with supporters who've never kicked a ball in their life & probably only ever watched a highlights package.

In my experience Chelsea fans are sophisticated and intelligent.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Seriously top cringes are surely Barcelona, Chelsea, Juventus, Manchester x 2. All filled with supporters who've never kicked a ball in their life & probably only ever watched a highlights package.

TBH these days it's shit like Borussia Dortmund more than Juventus (as much as I hate Juventus), the Italian league just doesnt have the relevance in Australia that it once did.

4 hours ago, Shahanga said:

God, I'm rapidly running out of likes on this TTIM!

7 minutes ago, Tesla said:

TBH these days it's shit like Borussia Dortmund more than Juventus (as much as I hate Juventus), the Italian league just doesnt have the relevance in Australia that it once did.

In the 80s when I was just getting a global understanding of the game the Serie A was the bomb. From memory sbs ran a weekly 1hour show of just the Serie A. That used to be taped religiously. Some of the players that used to play in the day. Wow. And thinking back I reackon they had a foreign player rule also 2 or 3 so teams really only brought in the best of best.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jovan said:

In the 80s when I was just getting a global understanding of the game the Serie A was the bomb. From memory sbs ran a weekly 1hour show of just the Serie A. That used to be taped religiously. Some of the players that used to play in the day. Wow. And thinking back I reackon they had a foreign player rule also 2 or 3 so teams really only brought in the best of best.

The Serie A show was definitely going on when I was a kid too, so at least the 90s if not early 2000s?

I remember TWG used to be like 10am to 6pm on Sunday or something ridiculous like that, starting with the Serie A. Then it slowly decreased in time span over the years.

Edited by Tesla

1 minute ago, Tesla said:

The Serie A show was definitely going on when I was a kid too, so at least the 90s if not early 2000s?

I remember TWG used to be like 10am to 6pm on Sunday or something ridiculous like that, starting with the Serie A. Then it slowly decreased in time span over the years.

Yes!!!! 

The biggest excitement was one Sunday night they showed the final game of the season live and I think it was the decider. Maradonas Napoli was playing.

Back then any live games were massive.  

14 hours ago, bt50 said:

There isnt a more cringeworthy club in the world than Liverpool.

It's probably not even their fault, just the millions of fan boys.

Definitely any club where your usual fanboy will talk like "we played well last", "we need to sign ** ",  "we didn't defend", when they have never seen them play or even live in the same country. There's a difference between following a club, and supporting a club. I "follow" Port Vale in League One, I don't have their kit or talk about them much, I just "follow" their results and progress. Whereas I support Melbourne Heart(RIP)/City, I go to games, I buy the kit, I watch the women's team, and would let Bruno have my babies.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Tesla said:

TTIM: The hours of TWG, Serie A, Champions League Highlights, and a random game from an obscure lower division that no longer take up the entire afternoon on SBS. 

TTIM: Metro. Fucking. Trains. 

Every second day my train is late anywhere between 5-10 minutes which fucks my connecting bus route. I got fed up and decided to take a photo with my phone to start documenting it so I could write up letter asking for a refund for my 3 month myki pass. To my surprise I couldn't take a photo of the electronic timetable due to a film on the glass casing which clouds against the whole board being visible in a single photo. (conveniently "scheduled time" and "arrival time" couldn't be taken in 1 photo.)  So I decide to record it instead and tilted the camera back and forth so I could capture all angles at once instead of taking 5 photos. I was there for 30 seconds max when some peanut women gets on the pa system telling me to stop. I could only faintly heard but I assumed it was just "stop taking photos" etc.  Anyway I jumped on the next (late) train and googled what the fuss was about and apparently no photography on metro station platforms because of "safety reasons"...  riiiiight because I was at greater risk than the retarded 17 year old girls I see every fucking friday night take 35 selfies within a meter of the tracks after a fruity lexia goon binge. Get fucked you fucking shitty Mao communist railway system! They don't want one cunt jewing them over for $400 bucks coz they know once one gets their hard earned back and spreads the word they'll be up for more. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HeartFc said:

TTIM: Metro. Fucking. Trains. 

Every second day my train is late anywhere between 5-10 minutes which fucks my connecting bus route. I got fed up and decided to take a photo with my phone to start documenting it so I could write up letter asking for a refund for my 3 month myki pass. To my surprise I couldn't take a photo of the electronic timetable due to a film on the glass casing which clouds against the whole board being visible in a single photo. (conveniently "scheduled time" and "arrival time" couldn't be taken in 1 photo.)  So I decide to record it instead and tilted the camera back and forth so I could capture all angles at once instead of taking 5 photos. I was there for 30 seconds max when some peanut women gets on the pa system telling me to stop. I could only faintly heard but I assumed it was just "stop taking photos" etc.  Anyway I jumped on the next (late) train and googled what the fuss was about and apparently no photography on metro station platforms because of "safety reasons"...  riiiiight because I was at greater risk than the retarded 17 year old girls I see every fucking friday night take 35 selfies within a meter of the tracks after a fruity lexia goon binge. Get fucked you fucking shitty Mao communist railway system! They don't want one cunt jewing them over for $400 bucks coz they know once one gets their hard earned back and spreads the word they'll be up for more. 

Very funny. 👏👏👏👏

TTIM: "safety reasons" being trotted out as a reason for doing/not doing something when when there's no such reason whatsoever. Happens all too frequently.

In the case above, there is no such regulation preventing you from taking a photograph at a station.

From http://www.metrotrains.com.au/filming-and-photography/

FILMING AND PHOTOGRAPHY

Metro appreciates that trains, stations and railway assets make popular subjects when it comes to filming and photography. Whilst we understand the widespread desire to capture images of the railway, safety remains our number one priority. That’s why the following procedures are in place to ensure that all activities relating to filming and photography are carried out effectively and safely.

Thanks for understanding our commitment to safety.

Now, let’s look at the current procedures for filming and photography…

Amateur Filming and Photography

If you are a tourist or amateur photographer, you are permitted to take footage and photographs at a station using a handheld smart device or basic SLR camera (without a tripod). If you are in the rail reserve, you must capture images from a safe distance behind a railway fence or from a pedestrian rail bridge (with or without a tripod). The following guidelines must be observed to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.

• When at the station, please stay behind the yellow line
  • Always mind the gap between the train and the platform
  • You cannot use a tripod at a station unless you have a permit from Metro
  • You cannot capture images on board a train unless you have a permit from Metro
  • You cannot capture images of rail staff unless you have their expressed permission
  • Respect the wishes of those passengers who ask not to be photographed
  • Activities should not impede customer traffic or delay train services
  • No artificial lighting can be directed toward oncoming trains
  • At all times, you must abide by these guidelines and take direction from railway staff
  • Be safe, all filming and photography is undertaken at your own risk

Professional / Student Filming and Photography

If you are seeking to a capture images or footage as part of a professional production or student project, you will need a permit from Metro. Download the Professional and Student Filming and Photography Application and complete the details on the form. Metro will review your application for any station on the metropolitan network, with the exception of Southern Cross (these enquiries should be directed to JCDecaux). After you submit the form, there is generally a two week turnaround, but complex applications may take longer so please plan ahead.

3 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

After a recent camping trip, I can conclude:

TTIM: Ballarat

Go fuck yourself.

Edit: Also, who the fuck goes to Ballarat to camp haha, weather aint our strong point in case you hadnt heard.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

A place called Lake Burrumbeet? Didn't really like it.

Ah yeh, not much of a camping spot, not sure if its much of a fishing spot either tbh. Good lake for water skiing and the like though.

5 minutes ago, hedaik said:

For all the big regional towns in Australia I think Ballarat would have to be up there for being the coolest. 

14-Billy-Madison-quotes.gif

3 hours ago, bt50 said:

Go fuck yourself.

Edit: Also, who the fuck goes to Ballarat to camp haha, weather aint our strong point in case you hadnt heard.

These Ballaraturians are a fierce but loyal bunch to their bit of dirt aren't they 

Edited by n i k o

1 hour ago, Baka1 said:

TTIM: Still applying for new jobs 3-4 months after i started. Followed by the occasional "unsuccessful" application email. 😐

Have you contacted any of the companies back as to why you weren't successful? If you've been applying for that long there's probably a common problem/error.

12 hours ago, n i k o said:

These Ballaraturians are a fierce but loyal bunch to their bit of dirt aren't they 

Sure are. Seriously good place to live imo. Has all the main shops and things, only an hour and a bit to Melbourne for pro sport, gigs etc, nearest beach is about an hour, cost of living is significantly cheaper than Melbourne, housing affordability is much better (and in a very good place for investment imo), and you dont have to worry about traffic whatsoever. Takes me about 3 1/2 minutes to drive to work in the morning and i prob live 3 or so k's away. Plus heritage n'shit, Sovereign Hill is pretty cool.

Not saying I think it's better than Melbourne, cos its not, but its got a lot of things that Melb can't offer without being middle of bum-fuck nowhere.

Main negative : it's always about 2-3 degrees colder than Melb, which is very noticeable in winter.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Sure are. Seriously good place to live imo. Has all the main shops and things, only an hour and a bit to Melbourne for pro sport, gigs etc, nearest beach is about an hour, cost of living is significantly cheaper than Melbourne, housing affordability is much better (and in a very good place for investment imo), and you dont have to worry about traffic whatsoever. Takes me about 3 1/2 minutes to drive to work in the morning and i prob live 3 or so k's away. Plus heritage n'shit, Sovereign Hill is pretty cool.

Not saying I think it's better than Melbourne, cos its not, but its got a lot of things that Melb can't offer without being middle of bum-fuck nowhere.

Main negative : it's always about 2-3 degrees colder than Melb, which is very noticeable in winter.

Seriously you St Pat's boys love Ballarat... I have been hearing how great it is from you lot for over ten years now.