Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

19 hours ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM: The construction method chosen for the Andrews Metro project and the wrecking of St. Kilda Road. There's got to be a better way of doing these projects without ruining the heritage values of our city.

I don't care for heritage but it perplexes me how they can build rail tunnels under Tokyo without disturbing the surface and do it incredibly quick (at least compared to Oz).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

I don't care for heritage but it perplexes me how they can build rail tunnels under Tokyo without disturbing the surface and do it incredibly quick (at least compared to Oz).

Because when you build something in oz you have to consult with a whole heap of stakeholders (well that's one reason)

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM: "Female pedestrian Stop/Walk signals." Feminist lobby groups at work again. "Addressing unconscious sexism."

It also think its hardly a coincidence that the world's most famous "Stop/Walk" signs come from the Feminist Epicentre of East Berlin... the Mary Roberts tribute light they have installed in Richmond is even wearing the same hat as those in East Berlin.

7 minutes ago, Baka1 said:

TTIM: Too many shoes for my new shoe rack 

LOL - Sorry but My wife would find that statement to pretty funny...

Try having too many shoes for your apartment, to the extent that you sometimes consider sneaking new one's into the place on the hope that she will not realise that they are new when you finally wear them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cadete said:

It also think its hardly a coincidence that the world's most famous "Stop/Walk" signs come from the Feminist Epicentre of East Berlin... the Mary Roberts tribute light they have installed in Richmond is even wearing the same hat as those in East Berlin.

We will have to have burka-wearing female signs soon as well. Then LGBTIQ+ ones - what ever they would look like. Perhaps a different symbol every day, computer controlled from the Political Correctness HQ Bunker? Better change a few street names as well while we're at it - far too many of them named after men.

FMD ladies. You really don't know where the power-base of society is. Stop worrying about street signs. Just get yourself a black negligee, a touch of perfume, and give your bloke a glass of wine and you'll soon realise that you're in total control of everything on the planet. And it's a lot more fun that way.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Am I the only one who couldn't care less what they do to the pedestrian lights? I'm still going to ignore them and jaywalk whether they're wearing a dress or not

TTIM: how fast cars go outside of the Fitzroy/Collingwood bubble.

Whenever I cross Smith or Brunswick St I can always do it at a leisurely pace. I was in the 'burbs the other day and had to cross at the lights :(

21 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

TTIM: how fast cars go outside of the Fitzroy/Collingwood bubble.

Whenever I cross Smith or Brunswick St I can always do it at a leisurely pace. I was in the 'burbs the other day and had to cross at the lights :(

TTIM: Driving in the Inner North these days (ESP on weekends) when all these PPL come on day trips into the Inner City and don't know how to drive on the narrow crowded roads.

Also FWIW the gradual death of Brunswick Street and Fitzroy... ESP at night.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, cadete said:

TTIM: Driving in the Inner North these days (ESP on weekends) when all these PPL come on day trips into the Inner City and don't know how to drive on the narrow crowded roads.

Also FWIW the gradual death of Brunswick Street and Fitzroy... ESP at night.

Smith St has been going off lately, been much more lively

TTIM: finding out at 8am today that the smoke alarms in my new house (that has high ceilings) don't give any subtle warning that the batteries need replacing. The alarms just go off and don't stop until you remove the batteries. Three alarms went off at the same time making it very difficult to figure out which ones were making the noise.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Have you considered it may be your driving that's the issue?

My drivings fine. It's just the spastic cyclists that swerve in and out of their little lame whilst I'm doing 80km/h. Use bike tracks or the footpath fags

49 minutes ago, strider said:

kids in africa can eat those cyclists 

But do they bang 30 yard screamers?

On 3/13/2017 at 9:57 AM, KSK_47 said:

TTIM: finding out at 8am today that the smoke alarms in my new house (that has high ceilings) don't give any subtle warning that the batteries need replacing. The alarms just go off and don't stop until you remove the batteries. Three alarms went off at the same time making it very difficult to figure out which ones were making the noise.

Made me lol.

• Like 1

Probably already said this because it's something i have been moaning about since i moved to Melbourne 13 years ago, but...

TTIM: the layout of Melbourne trains. It's like they have deliberately been designed to bottle neck at the doors. It's as if they have gone out of their way to make sure hardly anyone can fit inside the carriages

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Probably already said this because it's something i have been moaning about since i moved to Melbourne 13 years ago, but...

TTIM: the layout of Melbourne trains. It's like they have deliberately been designed to bottle neck at the doors. It's as if they have gone out of their way to make sure hardly anyone can fit inside the carriages

Also some of the new trams that have bugger all actual seats in them, and those that are there can barely seat two people.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Seats on PT are over-rated. PT is there to get people from A to B as quickly as possible only, nothing more, nothing less.

Do you live in the inner city?

its fair enough there, though tough luck if you are injured or infirm I guess. The teenagers will grab all the (two) seats before you can shuffle over.

Travelling to the burbs though, you really need seats for pretty much everybody 

Edited by Shahanga

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Do you live in the inner city?

its fair enough there, though tough luck if you are injured or infirm I guess. The teenagers will grab all the (two) seats before you can shuffle over.

Travelling to the burbs though, you really need seats for pretty much everybody 

Believe me even in the Inner City it can suck with having no seat when you are tired, there are more than a couple of tram route which at their worst that take twenty minutes to do a few blocks on some of the main drags.

Also anyone else noticed how a large part of the Tram Network seems to of been set up to get kids from the Leafy South Eastern Suburbs to Melbourne University?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NewConvert said:

Seats on PT are over-rated. PT is there to get people from A to B as quickly as possible only, nothing more, nothing less.

That's a bit harsh on the elderly or infirm, especially when considering that a number of hospitals and other medical facilities/services are located in the City or close by. I usually stand for short trips, but there are quite a few who do benefit from a seat.

• Like 1

BTW another thing about Melbourne's PT... for some reason the Alamein Line with barely any stations which ends around Ashburton is still existence despite the State Governments' over the years spending nothing on the Upfield Line for decades because they wanted to close it.

It was only in the Mid 90's they put Electronic Gates on the Road Crossings in Brunswick, as a kid I used to watch a little Italian man come out his shed and literally shut the gates for any train that was about to go past.

4 minutes ago, cadete said:

BTW another thing about Melbourne's PT... for some reason the Alamein Line with barely any stations which ends around Ashburton is still existence despite the State Governments' over the years spending nothing on the Upfield Line for decades because they wanted to close it.

It was only in the Mid 90's they put Electronic Gates on the Road Crossings in Brunswick, as a kid I used to watch a little Italian man come out his shed and literally shut the gates for any train that was about to go past.

Think about the Suburbs the Alemain line services and you will find your answer.

Just now, thisphantomfortress said:

TTIM; how much Victoria Labor ignores their rusted on seats (e.g. the West) and how the infrastructure there is a joke and these people continue voting for them.

Politics isn't like a football team, you are allowed to change who you vote for.

Could not agree more.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

TTIM; how much Victoria Labor ignores their rusted on seats (e.g. the West) and how the infrastructure there is a joke and these people continue voting for them.

Politics isn't like a football team, you are allowed to change who you vote for.

Does it irk you though? It's amusing or sad in my book. They vote for a member who immediately moves to an affluent suburb and then votes for left wing green style initiatives designed to put their constituents on the dole queue.

Not sure why a genuine workers party hasn't  sprung up.

19 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Does it irk you though? It's amusing or sad in my book. They vote for a member who immediately moves to an affluent suburb and then votes for left wing green style initiatives designed to put their constituents on the dole queue.

Not sure why a genuine workers party hasn't  sprung up.

Because they could not win office...

Like, Love or Hate them - The ALP has moved towards the centre in order to be able to win office, they are as Worker Driven as a Political Party who can form Government can be in Australia. 

TTIM: PPL who vote Greens in Inner City Seats but then spend there whole attacking Coalition Governments on Social Media, when by voting Greens in places like the seat of Melbourne they are just as much to blame for Coalition Government as anyone else.

• Like 2