Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

TTIM: the wanky theory that indigenous footballers could be world class if they were brought up playing our game instead of AFL. Have these cunts not seen David Williams, Jade North, Travis Dodd, etc. For every Cyril Rioli, there are 50 Che Cockatoo-Collins'

TTIM: the wanky theory that indigenous footballers could be world class if they were brought up playing our game instead of AFL. Have these cunts not seen David Williams, Jade North, Travis Dodd, etc. For every Cyril Rioli, there are 50 Che Cockatoo-Collins'

Gotta love that reverse racism don't you

TTIM: reverse racism.

People who say "aboriginal people are this or that". Ever met any?

Aboriginal people are just People! With a mix of different types like any other bloody group. (Admittedly in remote areas they have a shit load of challenges)

Edited by Shahanga

TTIM: Ambitious and intelligent bloke I went to high school with gets in touch with me about a business opportunity, tells me he'll ring me in the next couple days.

Turns out to be fucking Herbalife.

Did LOL. Hate those phaggots.

Anthony koutophidis?

I agree with you in one sense but you got also think about how many Aboriginal kids who give up on footy well before Under 19 level which is the vast majority.

The WAFL Rep Sides at the young levels Under 15's and Under 16's which include more Aboriginal Players in that of Perth and Swan Districts are always much stronger in the younger age groups before particular social factors set in and see them lose a lot of talented Aboriginal Kids due to a combination of community issues and their form drops away.

In fact Cyril Rioli is a good example of someone who was able to avoid these problems other young Aboriginals face because his due to his famous relatives he was recognised as a footy talent by the time he was eight and therefore able to receive a scholarship to Scotch College - A school with a well known strong Pastoral Care Program which helped with adjusting to Big City Life.

Edited by cadete

How about at eitihad last friday where they would show the live tweets and shit just as they were showing a replay of an incdent on the big screen? Just when you want to have a proper look at a tackle for instance, you couldn't even see the point of contact due to the fact "xxxRokachikxxx" wanted to let us know there was a lot of people at the game.

• Like 1

TTIM: People who pay to watch live sporting events but watch the game on the big screen!

Unless of course you're at Etihad and the benches block your view of half the pitch, that makes it more acceptable.

TTIM: A-league games at Etihad

TTIM: People who talk in ridiculously fake English accents and say they have an accent because they are from Perth

LOL - FWIW there is a Perth Private School Acent... my sister has it and a few of my friends did as well back in the day and they would often be asked if they were English. 

The thing you notice when speaking to PPL from Perf (And I did do it to a very minor extent) is the use of the word "ay" which of course is more famously associated with PPL from Brisbane.

I remember a mate of mine heard on a construction site the greatest Perf Bogan Statement ever: "It's Fucken Fucked, Ay Ay".

Edited by cadete

TTIM: People who talk in ridiculously fake English accents and say they have an accent because they are from Perth

Wouldnt everybody outside of Newcastle sound like they have a posh English accent to you? Maaaaaate! Yoooou got a spare durry? Haha

I know people from WA have a slightly different accent, but I have met a small amount of people (maybe like 2 or 3) who talk like they are extras on the bill and when asked about where they grew up they have all said they talk like that because they are from Perth.

I overhead someone on the train say it today too. It's weird

Edited by KSK_47

Wouldnt everybody outside of Newcastle sound like they have a posh English accent to you? Maaaaaate! Yoooou got a spare durry? Haha

I know people from WA have a slightly different accent, but I have met a small amount of people (maybe like 2 or 3) who talk like they are extras on the bill and when asked about where they grew up they have all said they talk like that because they are from Perth.

If anything you would think a South African slant would be more prevalent amongst PPL in Perf because their are more White South Africans there than in South Africa itself these days.

My favourite slang word of all time has to be the use of "Big Man" that PPL from Glasgow use like we use "Mate"... it doesn't matter how big or small a bloke is he is always called "Big Man".

In my experience this is probably 50% the case.

If anything you would think a South African slant would be more prevalent amongst PPL in Perf because their are more White South Africans there than in South Africa itself these days.

My favourite slang word of all time has to be the use of "Big Man" that PPL from Glasgow use like we use "Mate"... it doesn't matter how big or small a bloke is he is always called "Big Man".

I grew up using "Big Man" in a sarcastic way like an insult.

Oddly enough though, for the brief time I lived in Perth the only people I met that spoke with English accents were people who had actually grown up in England. And there were quite a few of them too

No doubt there are fuckloads of UK Ex-Pats over there - ESP along the coast a bit North and particularly South of Freo.

(They even used to sell day old English Tabloids at newsagents back in the 90's.)

You get more South Africans though in the Suburbs around the river.

Growing up in Rockingham, going to a private school then living in the south west of England ages 18-19 it was hard not to. Especially when every one of my mates growing up was from Yorkshire, liverpool, Manchester or in between.

Even during my two years in England playing cricket I was regularly referred to by opposing teams as the South African import. I guess because of them reading my last name being dutch off the scorecard.

I could feasibly believe growing up in Mandurah, Rockingham and Joondalup you could develop an English twang without it being a full blown english accent. If you are straight up sounding like a cockney they're full of shit though.

My favourite though is being regularly told back in Perth that I pronounce my own name wrong because 'youse just trynna sound like a posh carrnnnttt ay!?'

Dentist telling me I need double root canal plus two fillings.

There is a reason I hadn't been since dental van in primary school

My primary school dental van had a female dentist with a very full moustache. She had to have been in her 30s at that time. She probably has a beard now.

• Like 1

My primary school dental van had a female dentist with a very full moustache. She had to have been in her 30s at that time. She probably has a beard now.

You should have seen some of the mo's on some of the nonna's in church when I was growing up in Brunswick.

My primary school dental van had a female dentist with a very full moustache. She had to have been in her 30s at that time. She probably has a beard now. probably answers to the name George now

TTIM: Harvey Norman

Ordered a PS4 bundle online today for $548, the money's taken out of my account and then 15 minutes later I get the following: 

Hi Nathan! Thanks for placing your order with us. However after careful review, we have decided to not accept your order. We apologise for any inconvenience.

First of all, thanks for being complete fuckwits about it.

Second, you obviously didn't carefully review anything since everything I did was legitimate

Thirdly, fuck you because you have inconvenienced me.

And they still haven't deposited my money back into my account either, looks like I won't be getting The Witcher 3 on day one release then.

Ordered a PS4 bundle online today for $548, the money's taken out of my account and then 15 minutes later I get the following:

Hi Nathan! Thanks for placing your order with us. However after careful review, we have decided to not accept your order. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Second, you obviously didn't carefully review anything since everything I did was legitimate

And they still haven't deposited my money back into my account either, looks like I won't be getting The Witcher 3 on day one release then.

How can they not "accept your order"?

Exactly what I thought? What's worse is they didn't even disclose why, what kind of business are you if that's your strategy?

Normally wouldn't deal with them but they had a really good PS4 bundle on offer but fuck them.

Exactly what I thought? What's worse is they didn't even disclose why, what kind of business are you if that's your strategy?

Normally wouldn't deal with them but they had a really good PS4 bundle on offer but fuck them.

This usually happens when it's a pricing error. Pretty common and legal (contract law 101, advertising a price doesnt constitute an offer, only an interest to contract or whatever the correct terms are).

The dodgy thing is processing the credit card payment, again i'm pretty sure they can do what theyve done from a legal standpoint, but IMO the law should be that if they've processed payment then a contract has been entered into and they cant cancel it.

Edited by Tesla