Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

TTIM: Sleeping being such a time-consuming activity, I actually hate it

I agree, as Nas said, sleep is the cousin of death.

It can be minimised. Don't wake up in the middle of a sleep cycle, otherwise you've just wasted time. A sleep cycle is on average 90 minutes but it's different for each individual and there are smartphone apps that can help you figure out how long yours is.

A lot of how much sleep you need comes down to what you are used to. I think ~6 hours a night is pretty easy to get used to, I want to get down to 4 and a half hours though and that's not so easy as either I run into my alarm struggles which I've mentioned a few posts back, and end up sleeping that other hour and a half before waking up, or eventually after a few days of 4 and a half hours I blow out and sleep like 9-10 hours.

I swear shit gets harder as you get older as well, I could sleep 3 hours and then go smash out an exam fully alert and get a good mark, and not feel tired until some point after getting home. Now if I sleep 3 hours I'm tired like 2 hours later.

Something interesting that I've notice, when I've been drinking I wake up naturally after fuck all sleep feeling more refreshed than usual. I don't know if it's the dehydration from drinking that's waking me up, or if I'm somehow in a deeper sleep because I've been drinking and so I don't need to sleep as much. I have a feeling it's the later. Looks like I have to become an alcoholic.

The other thing to note, if you feel like sleep is a waste of time, it could be because you're not making the best use of your time. Personally I find I am more bothered by time wasted sleeping when I haven't used my time well that day, whereas if i've been busy and productive all day I actually kind of like the idea of sleeping.

FWIW, Donald Glover apparently only sleeps 3 hours a night, which I'm confident is true because I can't see how he does everything he does in even 21 hours a day of work. So the moral of the story is, if you want to be the best at everything, as Donald Glover is, then sleep only 3 hours a day.

Edited by Tesla

FWIW, Donald Glover apparently only sleeps 3 hours a night, which I'm confident is true because I can't see how he does everything he does in even 21 hours a day of work. So the moral of the story is, if you want to be the best at everything, as Donald Glover is, then sleep only 3 hours a day.

Donald Glover is pretty much my favourite guy so if 3 hours is how to do it, then so be it  :up: 

I usually get about 5-6 hours on average and usually feel lethargic if I get anymore than that so it's not all so bad, I just think it's kind of fucked that the average person will spend a third of their entire life asleep. 

"I will sleep when I'm dead"

100% agree. Same with eating. I have no fucking time for either but if I don't I will die which will be even more time consuming.

Just learn to eat faster and do all your eating in 1 or 2 meals. I probably spend only like 20 mins a day eating.

100% agree. Same with eating. I have no fucking time for either but if I don't I will die which will be even more time consuming. Just learn to eat faster and do all your eating in 1 or 2 meals. I probably spend only like 20 mins a day eating. It's more the prep time that annoys me. Even having to put some ham and spread some mayo on bread to make a sandwich I find infuriating

Edited by KSK_47

100% agree. Same with eating. I have no fucking time for either but if I don't I will die which will be even more time consuming.

Just learn to eat faster and do all your eating in 1 or 2 meals. I probably spend only like 20 mins a day eating.

pizza-piles-14183759.jpg

• Like 1

pizza-piles-14183759.jpg

Still felt ripped off TBH.

• Like 2

On the plane when you have taxied to your gate and the seatbelt sign goes off and people madly climb over you to reach their bags then proceed to wait another 5-10 mins for the doors to open, while in the mean time they have not advanced in the line to get off the plane. Morons.

• Like 1

On the plane when you have taxied to your gate and the seatbelt sign goes off and people madly climb over you to reach their bags then proceed to wait another 5-10 mins for the doors to open, while in the mean time they have not advanced in the line to get off the plane. Morons.

another thing on this subject,

When people want to watch shit on those tv's installed on the back of the head rest of each plane seat, being touch screen, people like to punch/press the screen really hard every time. They don't even consider the person in front of them having their heads knocked about. Such are economy flights...

Edited by Young Polak
  • Like 1

It's either trample, or be trampled.

I'd rather get up first thing, step on a few people and get a spot in the aisle for myself and my bag whilst the rest of the plane are either stuck in their seats or leaning over each other uncomfortably beneath the lockers, gazing on hopelessly at those who were able to assert themselves effectively.

And before you ask, I also won't wait for you to step out from your seat in front of me, if you wanted to go first you should have moved faster.

• Like 1

TTIM: Watching the same 30 second ad before every foxsports video, some of which go for under 30 seconds

This actually doesn't bother me. Fox Sports provides some of the best highlights. Nowhere else do u get the same coverage of EPL, fantastic highlight packages of the A-League and pretty much any other sport that the majority of Australians enjoy to follow.

So if I have to watch a 15 or 30 second commercial to allow this to continue to be viable so be it.

• Like 1

TTIM: Watching the same 30 second ad before every foxsports video, some of which go for under 30 seconds

This actually doesn't bother me. Fox Sports provides some of the best highlights. Nowhere else do u get the same coverage of EPL, fantastic highlight packages of the A-League and pretty much any other sport that the majority of Australians enjoy to follow.

So if I have to watch a 15 or 30 second commercial to allow this to continue to be viable so be it.

This.

TTIM: people who have no grasp of reality and despise the ads that pay for half the shit on the internet that they enjoy, then they go and install some adblock shit on their browser, and then when sites bypass the adblock plugin they have a great big cry about the rights to not see ads being taken away and what not :droy:

• Like 1

This.

TTIM: people who have no grasp of reality and despise the ads that pay for half the shit on the internet that they enjoy, then they go and install some adblock shit on their browser, and then when sites bypass the adblock plugin they have a great big cry about the rights to not see ads being taken away and what not :droy:

lol don't get carried away mate.

Some variety would be nice is what I'm getting at.

Yes, the highlight reels they put together, plus live match centre are very good.

The videos often crash on my pc though, and if i try and use my mobile, half the time the site won't realise I've just watched the required ad, and put me on an infinite loop of the same ad, never getting to my content.

This.

lol don't get carried away mate.

Some variety would be nice is what I'm getting at.

Yes, the highlight reels they put together, plus live match centre are very good.

The videos often crash on my pc though, and if i try and use my mobile, half the time the site won't realise I've just watched the required ad, and put me on an infinite loop of the same ad, never getting to my content.

Wasn't really directed at you, just my general frustration at people who are opposed to a model whereby they get shit for free, but on the other hand they are also not willing to pay for it.

Literally my two favourite things. Figure I'll get the most enjoyment possible out of life if I enjoy the two things that I have to do everyday to stay alive. Yet to find the same enjoyment from drinking water though.

TTIM: Having to drink water to stay alive.

• Like 1

Literally my two favourite things. Figure I'll get the most enjoyment possible out of life if I enjoy the two things that I have to do everyday to stay alive. Yet to find the same enjoyment from drinking water though.

TTIM: Having to drink water to stay alive. Tastes so good after a run though.

• Like 2

Yeah that involves running though. Never been able to wrap my head around the concept of exercising purely for fitness. Need a ball of some description to chase around a field if you want me to run. Even then it tastes better mixed with blue powerade or something like that.

• Like 4

Yeah that involves running though. Never been able to wrap my head around the concept of exercising purely for fitness. Need a ball of some description to chase around a field if you want me to run. Even then it tastes better mixed with blue powerade or something like that.

Good god, this is me to a tee.

I absolutely hated athletics day throughout my school years, but lived for sports days.

TTIM: The royals and the 'no touching' policy.

A while back their was a big fuss about Abbot putting his arm around Prince William when they visited down here. Now Lebron James is in trouble for doing the exact same thing:

460176906.jpg

I honestly don't understand what the problem is with this picture. Are people scared Lebron is going to go crazy and put Kate Middleton in a headlock or some shit? He's done this pose a 1000 times with fans and never had one problem. Middleton should be honoured that Lebron took time out of his day to see these nobodies, he's achieved way more in his life then somebody who's greatest achievement is getting knocked up by someone who's part of this 'royal family'

• Like 5

TTIM: The royals and the 'no touching' policy.

A while back their was a big fuss about Abbot putting his arm around Prince William when they visited down here. Now Lebron James is in trouble for doing the exact same thing:

460176906.jpg

I honestly don't understand what the problem is with this picture. Are people scared Lebron is going to go crazy and put Kate Middleton in a headlock or some shit? He's done this pose a 1000 times with fans and never had one problem. Middleton should be honoured that Lebron took time out of his day to see these nobodies, he's achieved way more in his life then somebody who's greatest achievement is getting knocked up by someone who's part of this 'royal family'

FWIW there isn't an official 'no touch' policy, just some old bullshit tradition when being a royal actually mattered. This happens all the time and the only people that give two shits are the tabloids, same thing happened with Michelle Obama and the queen a while ago

TTIM: The obligatory; oh but 150 people were massacred in Pakistan today why aren't we hearing about that!? Posts.

That's all over the news as well you dumb cunts or you wouldn't have even heard about. Hate people who try to demean events in our own or other western countries to try seem more worldly. They are both fucked up news events why try belittling either by comparing them and the reaction to it. Of course something happening in Australia will gain more news attention here.

• Like 6

TTIM: The obligatory; oh but 150 people were massacred in Pakistan today why aren't we hearing about that!? Posts.

That's all over the news as well you dumb cunts or you wouldn't have even heard about. Hate people who try to demean events in our own or other western countries to try seem more worldly. They are both fucked up news events why try belittling either by comparing them and the reaction to it. Of course something happening in Australia will gain more news attention here.

It happens every time a tragedy like this hits Melbourne/Australia.

Some Flog on Facebook thinks that they are convincing others they are really smart with one of these posts...

When really they are just showing they have such a little grasp on current events that they dont understand the most basic stuff about how the media actually works in Australia and has everywhere else in the world since the dawn of time.

NOTE: They are usually the same types who think Lowkey has a better grasp of World Politics than John Kerry.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 3

TTIM: All of these fucking "political-minded" and "socially-aware" idiots popping up more and more frequently on my news feed on Facebook, it's doing my head in. 

If you want to change the world, go and do it and do it without posting a shitty status about it

TTIM: All of these fucking "political-minded" and "socially-aware" idiots popping up more and more frequently on my news feed on Facebook, it's doing my head in. 

If you want to change the world, go and do it and do it without posting a shitty status about it

They don't...

People who spend their time moaning about it online aren't any better IMO. Possibly worse. At least the "socially aware" posts have a positive message behind them even if the person posting them doesn't genuinely feel that way.

I do agree that the notion of posting online to effect change is not particularly effective but it's easy enough to scroll through, forget about it and get on with your day.

Edited by KSK_47