Melbourne Football

Liam Miller

Cityscape

Miller seems like a trouble maker.

He's no trouble maker! He just stood up for his rights!

You only have to look at the performances of the Roar and the problems in the dressing room to know where the issue is.

Miller is a great asset if not playing every week, then mentoring our younger players.

What rights does he have? When asked to play youth - you play youth. He isn't a superstar that is except from his responsibilities.

You don't cry and fabricate part of a story to make yourself look good - then ask for a release.

He can "mentor" our young up and coming players (eg Melling, Retre etc) to teach them to ask for a release if they're not getting a game.

Great ethics this Miller!

How the hell did he fabricate a story? You like everyone else here don't know what went on with Miller and Mulvey.

Has anyone heard Mulveys / Roar story?

Since when is a player never spoken to after being dropped?  Sounds like garbage to me.  

So one day he plays - then is dropped and Mulvey has never spoken to him?  As if!

I think Miller didn't like what he heard, and asked to leave.

No other Roar player has spoken out.

He's been pretty shit for Roar TBH.  I've watched many of their games because I like the way they play.  Weakest midfielder they had. Slow, poor decision making, missed several open goals are things I remember. Not a fan fave either.

Really only being considered due to the dire straight we are in with injuires and absences.  Would not be happy if we kept him on.

Since when is a player never spoken to after being dropped?  Sounds like garbage to me.  

So one day he plays - then is dropped and Mulvey has never spoken to him?  As if!

Well you haven't heard Mulvey's story either... :hmm:

In fact you have less of an idea on what happened between Miller and Mulvey than my bloody cat does... but of course as per usual this has not stopped you passing judgement on the bloke, his morality or his system of ethics. :droy:

Seriously you have even outdone your famously retarded comments that you used to make on a continuously loop about how terrible it was Heart were not offering your "Cheapskate Five Game Markn Membership" earlier each of  their seasons. :droy:  :wormy:

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

@cadete.  Bit harsh there.

Fact is Miller is the one mouthing off to the media.  He should have just STFU and moved on.

Beside I don't remember reading a single post lamenting his departure from the Roar fans on 442.  Most simply said he wasn't being selected because he wasn't good enough.

Mulvey hasn't said a word.  As it should be.

@cadete.  Bit harsh there.

Fact is Miller is the one mouthing off to the media.  He should have just STFU and moved on.

Beside I don't remember reading a single post lamenting his departure from the Roar fans on 442.  Most simply said he wasn't being selected because he wasn't good enough.

Mulvey hasn't said a word.  As it should be.

Fair Enuf - But I still don't think Markn can jump to some of the stupid assumptions that he made about Miller's moral character. 

I really doubt this bloke will be only here for a couple o matches, which is what I was trying to point out with my post above. If he plays for us he won't be able to play in competitive games for any other club until July. The only exception is if the club in in a country with the alternative system of January-December seasons rather than July-June, then he can play for a 3rd club. But still that really limits his options. Even if he has something in place with a team in Asia for 2015, he'd probably stay here until the end of the year at least you'd think (utilising injury replacement spot/s)

Are we Brisbane in disguise?  :ph34r: Redmayne, Murdocca, Paartalu, Miller, Williams

Looks like it. Reminds  me of the Malaysian car the Proton - hand me downs design of Japanese cars that are no longer being made and way behind the times.

LOL - When PPL say Murdocca was a key player in his time at Brisbane it def makes me feel like we got a shit LML Scooter version of whoever that player apparently was...

I know he's not the most skilled or popular player here, but he does have one quality that's been lacking in our midfield until this season and that's mongrel. I think we've had a history of having a soft and small midfield, far too easily intimidated and soft enough to concede possession without aggressive recovery, and too easily pushed off the ball. Fred, Kalmar, Murdocca, Migliorini, Thompson, Worm, Hoffmam when in there, the list goes on. Engelaar was a one man band last year and Shroj prior (admittedly with no skill). This year Paartalu will come good I think and doesn't shirk, Mooy had a touch of nastiness I love, and just watching the game again Melling showed a bit. With Miller dropping in this is a midfield that won't take a backward step. Koren apparently has the same qualities from Hull forums. I'm sick of year after year watching us get bossed in midfield with not enough physical stuff - time for it to end. I'm not saying you don't need skill, but backbone can go a long way too.

• Like 1

He's been pretty shit for Roar TBH.  I've watched many of their games because I like the way they play.  Weakest midfielder they had. Slow, poor decision making, missed several open goals are things I remember. Not a fan fave either.

Really only being considered due to the dire straight we are in with injuires and absences.  Would not be happy if we kept him on.

Great signing then!  :up:

Just 2 weeks ago Mike Mulvey said said Liam Miller wasn't playing because he's injured:

“He’s still got an issue with his calf and it’s not recovering properly,” the Roar coach said.

“He’s had that problem for a while now and we’re hoping it fixes soon."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/roar-coach-mike-mulvey-says-liam-millers-absence-from-game-due-to-injury-not-dummy-spit/story-fnp0lxaz-1227105366562

Clearly that's untrue with how quickly Miller has started training with Melbourne City, and the fact that Miller looks set to feature in the match this Sunday. So I'd be more inclined to believe what Miller has been saying over what Mulvey has been saying in the media (IMO Mulvey was trying to keep things internal and under wraps with the injury story, and Miller's embarrassing for Brisbane story looks closer to the true than Mulvey's calf injury story).

Of course Brisbane supporters are talking down Miller, after he's, embarrassingly for Brisbane, opted to leave the club after the season's started. Just last season Miller was talked up by Brisbane supporters, and Miller did play well then, for instance with him starring in Brisbane's top class 3-0 win against victory at AAMI last season (scoring the 1st goal and assisting the 2nd www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7BhDn5x8Bw). Also, for what it's worth, Perth supporters still praised Miller after he left Perth and joined Brisbane in last season's pre-season.

It's interesting to learn that Miller couldn't play for a 3rd A-League club this season. With the addition of that fact, I reckon it is likely that Miller will get a bit more of a run at Melbourne City after his very short National Team Replacement deal comes to an end. I can see Miller getting an Injury Replacement deal for 4 or so weeks, to replace Germano or Koren, and why not? We might as well do something positive with the sidelining of Germano and Koren, with Miller being a good A-League player who can add value to the team until more quality is able to join our team.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 5

Great signing. Mate of mine in Ireland grew up with him funnily enough. 

Will prove very useful while we wait for Koren, not to mention that Mooy may be pretty hard to nail down in the lead up to the Asian Cup if he puts in a good account of himself against Japan next week. Ideally Mauk would step straight in, but he seems to be away on international duty every other week now. 

Defibrillator is right. Our midfield has always been gutless. That's OK if you've got quality players instead but that isn't really possible in this league (not to the extent possible in top leagues).

The closest we have come is Engelaar and Germano.

I'm not entirely sure about the level of mongrel in Miller but he has been on a football field long enough to know what to do. He can pick out a pass well enough. I think he'll do alright.

He's a good signing as long as he starts. Can be toxic to a club culture though if he's not playing consistently from what i have heard though.

From what you have heard? Inside sources kingofhearts or just making shit up? I know which one I'd guess.

Just relaying what i was told by a serious inside source. Believe it or not, i don't give a shit.

He's a good signing as long as he starts. Can be toxic to a club culture though if he's not playing consistently from what i have heard though.

From what you have heard? Inside sources kingofhearts or just making shit up? I know which one I'd guess.

Just relaying what i was told by a serious inside source. Believe it or not, i don't give a shit. Let me guess it's your best mate... Mr Bit Of A Coincidence. :droy:

Just got word that he'll apparently sign on as a registered (non-replacement) player once Mooy completes his move to New York City, as they'll be cap space then.

I still can't be certain whether you're trolling or not... but if Mooy goes to that shithole, I'm almost done following this club if that's the role we're going to play in this little "football family" oil money orgy.

In fact you have less of an idea on what happened between Miller and Mulvey than my bloody cat does... but of course as per usual this has not stopped you passing judgement on the bloke, his morality or his system of ethics. :droy:

Seriously you have even outdone your famously retarded comments that you used to make on a continuously loop about how terrible it was Heart were not offering your "Cheapskate Five Game Markn Membership" earlier each of  their seasons. :droy:  :wormy:

I love how i can irritate you soooo much Mr Cadete.  It must be hard knowing that i have rarely been wrong.  Must i remind you again about Tadic, bringing in GA to the TV viewing side etc??

I also love how you revert to childish name calling when you fail to represent an adequate counter argument.

Please don't use the word ret**ted. It is an offensive word to those with the disability, and family carers.  You wouldn't wish this on anyone, and if you have family members with disabilities i know you too would want them to be treated with the up most respect.  This is a word long removed from out vernacular.  

Had i used the word would you have issues a "warning to me"???? Should a "warning" be issued to you?

No everyone can afford a full membership.  That does not make us a "cheep skate".  Not everyone on this forum are members, and it is inappropriate to class us all as "cheep skates".  We may not be members but we attend family days, the occasional game, and maintain a vested interest in the club.  FYI City offered a 3 game membership - which counters your argument as the 3 game memberships were offered after only our 1st home game.

Back to Miller - the reality is he left Brisbane because he claims to not be informed as to why he was dropped.  I question the likelihood of this statement. I also believe that the only reason we have signed him is as cover for the loss of players in the National team.  Had this not been the case we would not have signed him. Would Popa, Ang etc sign him? Once bitten, twice shy.

as i have mentioned in previous posts, i believe Miller is a good player.

I return serve to you and look forward to your mature counter argument - excluding the fickle name calling. 

Mulvey defiantely didn't tell the media the truth about Millers omission.  

If he had he would have said "Liam's been omitted because he's been pretty shit for quite some time now.  He adds very little to our forward movements, his decision making has been poor, and he has fluffed several goal scoring opportunities.  Unfortunately there is only so many credits for scoring against Victory that I can give him.  So Liam is back in the seconds until he can earn a place in the firsts.  But being the little whiny bitch that he is, I expect him to crack the shits and quit the club.  When that happens, I will deny everything I just said, and on the record to protect his future opportunities he will officially been injured with a calf strain.  Thank you, that's all I have to say, except  Bozza, mate, its time to embrace not fight your hair loss"

Edited by Kiro Kompiro
  • Like 1

Mulvey defiantely didn't tell the media the truth about Millers omission.  

If he had he would have said "Liam's been omitted because he's been pretty shit for quite some time now.  He adds very little to our forward movements, his decision making has been poor, and he has fluffed several goal scoring opportunities.  Unfortunately there is only so many credits for scoring against Victory that I can give him.  So Liam is back in the seconds until he can earn a place in the firsts.  But being the little whiny bitch that he is, I expect him to crack the shits and quit the club.  When that happens, I will deny everything I just said, and on the record to protect his future opportunities he will officially been injured with a calf strain.  Thank you, that's all I have to say, except  Bozza, mate, its time to embrace not fight your hair loss"

Ran out of likes.  why do i only have 2?

Anyway your spot on Kiro.  

Mulvey acted in a professional manner to maintain the unity of the club, and the respect of the player.  Roar are too good to stay this poor for too long.  They did win the league last season.

Sometimes people just have to play the diplomatic card for the unity of the entire club.  Miller has no club, so there is no need for him to play diplomacy. 

I love how i can irritate you soooo much Mr Cadete.  It must be hard knowing that i have rarely been wrong.  Must i remind you again about Tadic, bringing in GA to the TV viewing side etc??

I also love how you revert to childish name calling when you fail to represent an adequate counter argument.

Please don't use the word ret**ted. It is an offensive word to those with the disability, and family carers.  You wouldn't wish this on anyone, and if you have family members with disabilities i know you too would want them to be treated with the up most respect.  This is a word long removed from out vernacular.  

Had i used the word would you have issues a "warning to me"???? Should a "warning" be issued to you?

No everyone can afford a full membership.  That does not make us a "cheep skate".  Not everyone on this forum are members, and it is inappropriate to class us all as "cheep skates".  We may not be members but we attend family days, the occasional game, and maintain a vested interest in the club.  FYI City offered a 3 game membership - which counters your argument as the 3 game memberships were offered after only our 1st home game.

Back to Miller - the reality is he left Brisbane because he claims to not be informed as to why he was dropped.  I question the likelihood of this statement. I also believe that the only reason we have signed him is as cover for the loss of players in the National team.  Had this not been the case we would not have signed him. Would Popa, Ang etc sign him? Once bitten, twice shy.

as i have mentioned in previous posts, i believe Miller is a good player.

I return serve to you and look forward to your mature counter argument - excluding the fickle name calling. 

Its like a $20 installment a month to get a Season Ticket so if you can justify paying that for you Club then in my book you are a Cheapskate... ESP considering since I started following this club I have known a number of schoolkids who have been able to fund the purchase of their own Memberships. :up:

Also there is reason why I found such frugalness annoying which is because if you did not notice MHFC was run on a shoestring budget its last three Seasons which and this was a significant factor on the club never making any impact on any finals series which ultimately saw the club failed to gain traction in the community and thus being sold to new owners. New owners who have since used the old shell of the club to create an entirely new one. :hmm:

So perhaps if a few more PPL like yourself had sacrificed a whopping $20 a month instead of only taking advantage of FREE family days and buying the odd ticket or three/five game membership when they are basically being given away so the club can scap some coins together....

Then just maybe MHFC would have more cash flow to spend on player salaries, coaches salaries or most of all much need improvements to its facilities to enable the club to make an impact on the finals and capture Melbourne's imagination and who knows if they had happened its highly likely MHFC would still exist. :up:

(This is not such an inconceivable theory seeing as for our only final ever The Gimp was packed to the seams full of PPL that I and many others who go to that place every single weekend had never ever seen before in our lives.)

FWIW my above assumption about yourself being a Frugal Cheapskate is at the very least based on as much fact as you have used to make your Liam Miller assumptions. :up:

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

With some of the people involved with the club we could have had a membership base of 30k and still ended up where we were. The people in charge of the club had more than enough money to bring in the right players and the right people to make the club a success, and if it wasn't out of sheer effort they just simply didn't know the business well enough to make it successful. So I highly doubt a few more memberships would have changed anything cadete.

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 2