Melbourne Football

The Manager and Assistant Coaches Thread

Tesla

Stuart Pearce? Oh god NO!!

Went from January until end of the season in the 2006/7 season without scoring at home and just managed to escape relegation that season.

Danny Tiatto? What is he doing now? Was a legend at City when we where down among the dead men. A left back Zabaleta type who gave his all for us.

• Like 1

Danny Tiatto? What is he doing now? Was a legend at City when we where down among the dead men. A left back Zabaleta type who gave his all for us.

Went on to become a bit of a cunt at Brisbane Roar.

No idea what he's up to these days.

Living in Point Cook I believe driving fast cars and fishing every other day. Pretty much living the life.

• Like 1

Stuart Pearce? Oh god NO!!

Went from January until end of the season in the 2006/7 season without scoring at home and just managed to escape relegation that season.

Ah sorry, that was my bad. I thought this was the "People you'd like to see have their faces bashed in with a shovel" thread

Hayden Foxe

What's he up to? Well from what I can manage to string together... nothing.

I saw him watching the derby at the sporting globe pub in Richmond.

His thoughts...apparently City were going to struggle because "they" recruited Ramsay and tried to turn him into a left back.....

FFS

Shirley you can't be serious?

Hayden Foxe

What's he up to?Well from what I can manage to string together... nothing. I saw him watching the derby at the sporting globe pub in Richmond.

His thoughts...apparently City were going to struggle because "they" recruited Ramsay and tried to turn him into a left back.....

FFS

Shirley you can't be serious?

Yup.

He was mates with a guy who was there who I used to work with. So I started talking to him - that was his key insight pre-game into our defensive problems.

A few more beers under my belt and I would have given him a serve.... Has he lost his memory?!?!?

I'm all for a new manager but do we really think he will be sacked?

He is contracted till the end of the 2016/17 season isn't he? I just doubt City would get rid of him this quickly. He seems to be part of the medium-term strategy.

I think the purpose for most people on this thread is for it to be a cathartic release, get rid of some of that tensions thats built from city playing really really shit football. Except for Tesla, this thread is pretty genuine for him.

• Like 2

He is contracted till the end of the 2016/17 season isn't he? I just doubt City would get rid of him this quickly. He seems to be part of the medium-term strategy.

I think the purpose for most people on this thread is for it to be a cathartic release, get rid of some of that tensions thats built from city playing really really shit football. Except for Tesla, this thread is pretty genuine for him.

Wouldn't be the first Melbourne Heart / Melbourne City personnel whose career I have ruined by being the first to call out their shitness and thereby plant a seed of doubt in peoples' heads about that person's ability, eventually leading to everyone accepting they are shit and the person's career going no where.

For example:

Worm, everyone was doing The Worm and brainwashed by the fact this guy is Dutch, until I started calling him out and soon enough everyone was anti-Worm. Who knows where he plays now.

JA, famously was the most vocal and perhaps first to call out how bad he was, I copped shit from everyone, but was eventually vindicated. Will never manage a team again.

Jeremy Walker, called him out while everyone else was brainwashed with the whole youth thing, copped plenty of shit, nek minute he is playing in Conference South (is he even playing?)

Probably others I forgot about.

Bit different with JVS as I'm not really the first. But it's amazing what kind of effect planting that thought in people's head can have, really starts to change people's opinions as they pay more attention to the person's flaws. And as more fans turn against JVS, the club will notice.

So I can see JVS being sacked at some point this season.

Edited by Tesla

Jeremy Walker, called him out while everyone else was brainwashed with the whole youth thing, copped plenty of shit, nek minute he is playing in Conference South (is he even playing?)

JA picking Hoff over him every game didn't really help his chances  :ph34r:

Hoff is a better player than Jeremy Walker, that's why he was picked, even under JVS last season.

• Like 4

Hoff is a better player than Jeremy Walker, that's why he was picked, even under JVS last season.

Even if it was true, it would be marginal and we're talking about a guy who is in his 5 th year as a full professional versus a kid who was in his first (or maybe second).  This is as good as Hoffman will ever get, Walker could have ended up better than Hoffman ever was.

• Like 2

Even if it was true, it would be marginal and we're talking about a guy who is in his 5 th year as a full professional versus a kid who was in his first (or maybe second).  This is as good as Hoffman will ever get, Walker could have ended up better than Hoffman ever was.

Doubtful...

Not only did JVS and JA both ignore the bloke the entire season but so have every other A-League side when they went around recruiting for the current Season and a very quick look at any of the A-League squads will show that the bottom five players in each squad are hardly World Beaters.

Unless you think that the entire A-League is wrong about Walker.

Edited by cadete

JA picking Hoff over him every game didn't really help his chances :ph34r:

Even if it was true, it would be marginal and we're talking about a guy who is in his 5 th year as a full professional versus a kid who was in his first (or maybe second). This is as good as Hoffman will ever get, Walker could have ended up better than Hoffman ever was.

Doubtful...

Not only did JVS and JA both ignore the bloke the entire season but so have every other A-League side when they went around recruiting for the current Season and a very quick look at any of the A-League squads will show that the bottom five players in each squad are hardly World Beaters.

The whole start Walker campaign only lasted a month for most. Hoffman played the first 3 matches at RB last season before getting injured. Walker was then played round 4, his confidence (or ability) was shot, refused to go forward looked shaky and played Henrique onside for Brisbanes first goal. After that most were happy to see Hoffman back and realised he was although it great a better option.

I think the purpose for most people on this thread is for it to be a cathartic release, get rid of some of that tensions thats built from city playing really really shit football. Except for Tesla, this thread is pretty genuine for him. Jeremy Walker, called him out while everyone else was brainwashed with the whole youth thing, copped plenty of shit, nek minute he is playing in Conference South (is he even playing?)

JA picking Hoff over him every game didn't really help his chances :ph34r: Hoff is a better player than Jeremy Walker, that's why he was picked, even under JVS last season.

Even if it was true, it would be marginal and we're talking about a guy who is in his 5 th year as a full professional versus a kid who was in his first (or maybe second). This is as good as Hoffman will ever get, Walker could have ended up better than Hoffman ever was. Doubtful...

The whole start Walker campaign only lasted a month for most. Hoffman played the first 3 matches at RB last season before getting injured. Walker was then played round 4, his confidence (or ability) was shot, refused to go forward looked shaky and played Henrique onside for Brisbanes first goal. After that most were happy to see Hoffman back and realised he was although it great a better option.

This is hardly the place to be discussing this, and its a bit of a circular argument, I was being a smartass with my comment.

I digress, managers wage isn't in the salary cap, surely we can blow a bunch of money at someone from England's upper echelons?