Melbourne Football
Tesla

The Manager and Assistant Coaches Thread

moops    416
19 minutes ago, mus-28 said:

We need an experienced quality goalkeeper coach, not just a name who was a keeper as much as I love Tommy. John Crawley is head and shoulders above every other keeper coach in the land and his claim to fame is 5 games with the Mariners. There was a time where we constantly produced top quality keepers, now we only really have Ryan and Vukovic playing at a decent level, both developed by Crawley.

If we can't get an Australian coach who's good enough, we need to look abroad not just settle for mediocrity.

Good call.

jw1739    9,441

I think we're seeing the effects of a change in CEO. The club can't go on bleeding on every single metric, and dysfunctional situations such as players at loggerheads with coaches have to be resolved one way or the other.

Mork    16
On 18/05/2019 at 7:26 PM, HughJass said:

With Kalac was told yesterday that if Joyce stayed he was leaving,  so something happened in the past week

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if the knife wielding bandit Kisnorbo had something to do with this too. In saying that Kalac is a flog of a person.

Mr MO    493
8 minutes ago, Mork said:

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if the knife wielding bandit Kisnorbo had something to do with this too. In saying that Kalac is a flog of a person.

Yeah, I never understand why people rate him. He is trouble every where he played and coached, that says enough. Just get a decent hard working coach and not one he is riding on his name.

• Like 1

Tony999    1,611

Anyone hearing that Rudan will be announced as the WU head coach? Hearing they they will announce it on Thursday! Friggen Thursday 10am!

Also, I hear he is taking Krishna with him on marquee wages.

HughJass    128
56 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Anyone hearing that Rudan will be announced as the WU head coach? Hearing they they will announce it on Thursday! Friggen Thursday 10am!

I've heard he's not happy with Johnny A being his assistant wants his own as they were going to get a European coach so have aussie assistant obviously that fell through 

Tony999    1,611
10 minutes ago, HughJass said:

I've heard he's not happy with Johnny A being his assistant wants his own as they were going to get a European coach so have aussie assistant obviously that fell through 

Not happy but still will be announced or not not announced yet due to this reason? Surely, if he was head coach wouldn't they have announced him by now?

jw1739    9,441
6 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Not happy but still will be announced or not not announced yet due to this reason? Surely, if he was head coach wouldn't they have announced him by now?

WU are probably still negotiating with Rudan's missus. She wasn't happy with Wellington - imagine how she feels about Tarneit.

• Haha 1

Tony999    1,611
18 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

WU are probably still negotiating with Rudan's missus. She wasn't happy with Wellington - imagine how she feels about Tarneit.

Are we going to chant to WU  "Shit part of Melbourne! You've got the shit part of Melbourne!"?

Mork    16
5 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Also, I hear he is taking Krishna with him on marquee wages.

Rudan was a done deal late last year/early this year. Suffice to say he would have known who WU were getting as coaches. Let’s hope City gets a good head coach at this point.

Tony999    1,611
15 minutes ago, Mork said:

Rudan was a done deal late last year/early this year. Suffice to say he would have known who WU were getting as coaches. Let’s hope City gets a good head coach at this point.

Hope so. Last real chance to get the fans back and get some silverware.