Melbourne Football

The Manager and Assistant Coaches Thread

Tesla

48 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

The new coach needs to be appointed soon and needs to oversee recruiting so that we get the right players for the system. I haven't heard anything about our assistant coaches so i imagine that they're staying and can help with local knowledge

Agree. As for the assistants this will no doubt be up to the new coach. Any decent coach will bring in his own assistants especially if he's from OS. Remember I said decent coach.....

27 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

It won't be easy in this new era. We still need to break those automatic unsuccessful Adelaide signings. Asia is a long term goal, he says.

Petrillo must be next in the swamp-draining exercise. He's been an integral part of this disastrous period for the club. If we have another stuff-up then he must go too.

As the euphoria settles - what a morning! - what I read into Joyce's departure is encouraging. CFG's sentiments on Joyce's first season, this time last year, were quite positive. One season on, and his contract is not extended, even by one season. What I see is that CFG are prepared to back a manager as a disciplinarian, even if discipline involves dumping a senior fan-favourite player. A third-place finish, albeit a distant one, is acceptable in your first season. But in your second, 5th and a quick exit in an Elimination Final is a fail. So IMO the criteria for our next manager are pretty clear, and indeed they are consistent with what CFG has said all along.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Nate said:

we have a global network but you'd wanna sign an ex-Jets reject lol

I won't be surprised our impressive network also gave us Florin and Joyce.

Keep it local, let the local management work and do their job maybe just maybe we get our local club back!  

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

I won't be surprised our impressive network also gave us Florin and Joyce.

Keep it local, let the local management work and do their job maybe just maybe we get our local club back!  

I'm happy to keep it local but Miller would be such a let down.

Makes me wonder if any of those 10-20 coaches have any idea of the cap restrictions which exist at the moment . Most european clubs do not have any salary cap restrictions so whoever gets the job had better get clued up damn quick.

Edited by johnno cpfc
Typo

Very experienced and mainly sucsessful  how about  Sparky Hughes or Big Sam  both of them are available right now and what about David Moyes.

However my choices would be amongst some of the out of work Spanish or german coaches. So what do's everyone think.

59 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

“The Herald-Sun understands that a Spanish coach has been identified as the preferred candidate to succeed Joyce, with City Football Grouptapping into their global network base.”

Guillermo Amor? Barcelona youth coach, coached Adelaide to the double. Ticks a lot of the CFG "who we know" boxes.

I've got hopes that we might go for a German coach. IMO the German style is more direct and suits the A-League.

15 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Guillermo Amor? Barcelona youth coach, coached Adelaide to the double. Ticks a lot of the CFG "who we know" boxes.

I've got hopes that we might go for a German coach. IMO the German style is more direct and suits the A-League.

Yes. The Adelaide connection.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I heard he's a Frenchman which will be interesting

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Yes! Would love to yell at him from the stands in German

Edited by haz

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

We might get the sausage stand back with a German coach

50 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Don’t think we will hear anything until at least June  IMO. 

I just hope we have a 90% completed squad as early in pre season as possible. But I know there's only two chances of that...

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Don’t think we will hear anything until at least June  IMO. 

If it's by the last seasons to go by, the longer we wait for players and staff the better the bargains right (European transfer window closure etc)

16 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

If it's any Australian coach it would be Rudan. Surely, WU would've announced it by now if Rudan was their coach.

In DD’s article today he said if it’s an Australian coach it’d be Popovic and we’d need to pay a big compensation package for him. 

2 minutes ago, Harrison said:

In DD’s article today he said if it’s an Australian coach it’d be Popovic and we’d need to pay a big compensation package for him. 

I would rather spend our little budget on out of cap players either marquee or guest.

30 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Hahah wow imagine that

1 hour ago, Harrison said:

Would be wraped with Popa! Would then take Rudan and as a foreign coach that knows the league would be happy with Amor. 

Otherwise it's a huge unknown as to how well an international coach will go here...