Melbourne Football

The Manager and Assistant Coaches Thread

Tesla

While looks like a solid enough appointment 

What the hell is with timing of announcement, in this city where media coverage is tough to get especially in winter. 7am on a Thursday isn't exactly what I'd call prime time for a large announcement like this

14 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Also worth noting that Neil Young is our new Goalkeeping Coach. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Young_(footballer,_born_1979)

Who'll be remembered by most of the forum from copping one of the worst tackles by a forward on GK from Shane Smeltz, until he proceeded to do it again to our current keeper Birghitti.

1 hour ago, KSK_47 said:

Check out the glasses. Looks like a 1970s mob boss. Love it

2019-06-27 08.33.06 1.jpg

2019-06-27 08.33.06 1.jpg16x9

If I found a Horse's head in my bed. Blokes who look like these two would be the first ones Id think of

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

By coincidence (or was it a good omen?) I bought a new jacket just like that two weeks ago...

Seriously, I don't think there are any grounds for complaining about this appointment. An experienced manager with a very good CV, a solid association with City Football Group, and with a clear vision for our future. I don't think we could reasonably have asked for anyone better than Mombaerts.

Welcome Erick.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

By coincidence (or was it a good omen?) I bought a new jacket just like that two weeks ago...

Seriously, I don't think there are any grounds for complaining about this appointment. An experienced manager with a very good CV, a solid association with City Football Group, and with a clear vision for our future. I don't think we could reasonably have asked for anyone better than Mombaerts.

Welcome Erick.

No grounds for complaining?

I give you 48 hours before someone starts bitching about him.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, fiji19 said:

Ed Leng has left in his position of sports scientist to take up a role at manchester united

Joyce must have liked how Ed handled all those injuries caused from Joyce's training methods

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AXIOM said:

Seems as if we may have a new assistant coach. Alain fiard has been reported to be seen around Melbourne. 

It's to be expected he would bring in someone, he's manager at a Cambodian club ATM, maybe he see's it as a step up.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Not sure on this. I would have preferred local assistant coaches, specially younger coaches.

I note that the club is calling him Technical Director - https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/melbourne-city-fc-finalise-a-league-coaching-team-appointment-frenchman-alain-fiard. I thought that that position was occupied by Rado Vidosic?

• 2 years later...
11 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Big big loss, has been instrumental in the improvements the club has had

Agree. I suspect that he has been much more important to the success of the team than we realise. Very much the quiet achiever. Petrillo acknowledges this in his farewell, especially with the comment about the support he has given to the young players who've come up into the seniors.

I think he'll be missed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Agree. I suspect that he has been much more important to the success of the team than we realise. Very much the quiet achiever. Petrillo acknowledges this in his farewell, especially with the comment about the support he has given to the young players who've come up into the seniors.

I think he'll be missed.

Great opportunity for him to become a senior manager in the CFG.