Melbourne Football

The Manager and Assistant Coaches Thread

Tesla

https://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2018/09/12/2867240-erick-mombaerts-ai-simplement-mis-relation-tfc-manchester-city.html

Back in Toulouse after an experience in Yokohama, a club owned by the Manchester City Football Group, Mombaerts has favored the rapprochement between the TFC and City. He confides. Hat screwed on the head, Erick Mombaerts does everything to pass "incognito". An impossible mission for him in the Pink City where football fans know what the TFC owes him. Without him, Sadran's club may never have returned to the elite after being demoted to National in 2001. Interview.

Hello Erick, how are you?
I am very well, I have just returned to France after an extraordinary experience in Japan where I coached Yokohama, a club owned by Manchester City Football Group. I then developed a trainer-specific training program for Manchester City Football Group.

How did you integrate Manchester City Football Group?
Members of City, who considered that the project of game that I implemented in Espoirs (2008-2012) then in Le Havre (2012-2014), corresponded to their philosophy, offered me a post in Yokohama, one of their six clubs. I accepted. It's another dimension ...The demands are enormous. It is necessary to develop a particular game project, based on the possession, the philosophy of Guardiola, the Manchester City coach. It is a continuous training. Every Thursday, we have a form of seminar where we justify the way we play, the choices we make. I learned a lot, but my mission is now over.

So you returned to Toulouse in July. Why ?
My main residence is here. When I was coaching the TFC I bought an apartment that I always kept. Between my arrival at the Midi-Pyrénées League and my departure from the TFC I lived almost ten years in Toulouse.

Your link with the Tef is necessarily special ...
It's a period that has marked me. However, I have experienced incredible things in Japan playing in front of 70,000 people, it was amazing and I insist on that word. But the year of the resumption of the TFC in National remains the most important of my career.

Why ?
This season, we resume training with a group of kids supervised by three professionals. The club is ruined, we had no ball, no equipment, nothing. To top it off, the Stadium was inaccessible after AZF. And despite that, to maintain professional status, we had to go back to Ligue 2 very quickly.

It was a big challenge ...
Yes, especially when you play with young people whose true potential we do not know yet. We managed the improbable going back to the second division, then to Ligue 1 immediately after. It will be something crazy. It's a story of men.

What is your view on the evolution of Téfécé since your departure in 2006?
Toulouse has tried to take other routes than training, with happiness and some inconvenience. The last seasons are very laborious. I experienced that with a twinge in my heart.

Could you come back to it?
I did not ask myself the question. I could go back to India, but I refused. The six summer months in Japan were extremely trying, it was a little early to leave.

It is said that Manchester City could become a shareholder of the TFC. Do you have information?
He tells himself that ... But for now, there is nothing concrete. The only concrete thing is that I put the TFC officials in touch with City. But my approach concerned only the sporting aspect.

That is to say ?
Manchester City, like other big clubs, needs to lend young players so they can grow. Most players trained in these teams need additional training time, an intermediate level. They need teams of an interesting level. That's just where I talked to the TFC.

You mention the loan of Manu Garcia?
Yes. But for now it does not mean that there is partnership.

It's still strange that City is getting closer to the TFC just before announcing a partnership with a big club ...
I am not aware. I'm talking about technical relationship. to date, only Manu Garcia is the link between City and the TFC. Thierry Ambrose has been loaned to Lens, but Lens has no connection with the Skyblues.

What could the TFC bring to a partnership with a big English club?
Exchanges of players, skills, including recruitment and training. These big clubs have exceptionally organized recruitment units, high-performance tools, the best in the world. We have everything to gain thanks to their enormous logistical means.

Is the TFC obliged to go through it to continue to perform?
To improve their level of efficiency, teams like Toulouse have two choices: either they increase their budget or their skills. Finding technical partnerships is  a solution.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

How did you integrate Manchester City Football Group?
Members of City, who considered that the project of game that I implemented in Espoirs (2008-2012) then in Le Havre (2012-2014), corresponded to their philosophy, offered me a post in Yokohama, one of their six clubs. I accepted. It's another dimension ...The demands are enormous. It is necessary to develop a particular game project, based on the possession, the philosophy of Guardiola, the Manchester City coach. It is a continuous training. Every Thursday, we have a form of seminar where we justify the way we play, the choices we make. I learned a lot, but my mission is now over.

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall at Wazza's seminars.......justifying passing it backwards, sideways and anyways but forward. If he could sell the shit he served up as being the "city way" then he could be the worlds best salesman.

55 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

Why did he leave yokohama?

I'd say it was the end of his contract. He then worked for City Football Group as he says above. If he is confirmed as our next manager, IMO it's because CFG believe that he is a better all-round man-manager than Joyce is. They may have backed Joyce in the stand-off with Fornaroli, but I doubt that CFG really approved of a season wasted with their marquee player.

1 hour ago, dconder13 said:

Any idea of the style this guy likes to play? Please be exciting/attacking i’m bored

It's quite attacking. At Yokohama, he almost always used a 4-2-3-1. 

If he uses that here, that will suit Maclaren perfectly. IMO it will also bring out the best in Berenguer. 

2 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I asked the account who translated the article. They said they just used google translate so the article is probably a bit off. It does say technical commander which might mean director?

Yea but the tax rate is too high in Australia

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Davutovic reporting that Mombaerts is signed on a multi year deal. He beat out a Spaniard and another European I think.

Calls him a wily tactician and that he took time off after Yokohama to recover from health issues. 

Also that we’ve got three foreign spots, and that Petrillo is scouting over there now. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Davutovic reporting that Mombaerts is signed on a multi year deal. He beat out a Spaniard and another European I think.

Calls him a wily tactician and that he took time off after Yokohama to recover from health issues. 

Also that we’ve got three foreign spots, and that Petrillo is scouting over there now. 

So it would appear that Mombaerts is taking this squad in to the season:

Birra

Galloway Bart/Visa Delbo Jamo

Griffiths Genreau

Marquee

Cabrera Jmac Noone

Bouza Wales Berenguer Najjar Najaarine Baccus Metcalfe Good Atkinson Iannuci

Not bad at all imo. Obv marquee CAM is key. Need a Castro/Ninko type to give ourselves every opportunity. Bart resigning would be huge, but im starting to lose faith atm.

1 hour ago, Harrison said:

Is there an article or tweet ?

6 hours ago, Mr MO said:

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/news/living-in-a-land-down-under

I’m not sure if this guy is a player at the moment or working as a scout already.

James Poole. Former Manchester City player. Now, he was on our radar a few seasons ago. IIRC he guested for us that first off-season when we went to England and played three matches - Bury, Bolton and someone else. Another Manchester City player George Evans also guested for us but in the end neither came to us - possibly because FFA changed the rules on loan players.

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

James Poole. Former Manchester City player. Now, he was on our radar a few seasons ago. IIRC he guested for us that first off-season when we went to England and played three matches - Bury, Bolton and someone else. Another Manchester City player George Evans also guested for us but in the end neither came to us - possibly because FFA changed the rules on loan players.

Right,  but now he’ll become our scout or player. He seems young to hang up his boots already.

His resume says he has been involved in our scouting since 2015, so partly responsible for the mess of the last couple of seasons.

Edited by Mr MO